Author Topic: banks turbo kit $900 obo  (Read 10515 times)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
banks turbo kit $900 obo
« on: September 19, 2009, 07:48:01 PM »
I know this isn't exactly a buggy thing but it is something your truck needs to pull your trailer with your buggy to the dunes! ;D ;D
I purchased a used banks sidewinder kit for my '92 f350 7.3 diesel ( non turbo ) fits the 6.9 also. I have decided to just buy a newer powerstroke truck instead so I am selling this used banks kit. what you see in the pics is what I got and what you will get. I did call banks and all parts are still available for this kit down to the nuts and bolts. their new kits run $3900. the turbo itself is $1089.00 of the kit, this is the cheapest way to go. the turbo says roto master on it and it is in good shape.
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline BDKW1

Re: banks turbo kit $900 obo
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2009, 09:05:27 PM »
Shwing! So what else is needed to bolt it up?

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 08:37:48 AM »
Shwing! So what else is needed to bolt it up?

a few little pieces and you will need to make I think 2 paper gaskets. I don't have the bracket that the glow plug controller bolts to but that would be easy to make re-using the existing one or banks has it for I think $18, also I don't have the y pipe connector banks has it for $345 or I was told by a shop that works on the powerstrokes that the 94 - 97 turbo diesel collector pipes will bolt right up if you can find used locally. all the salvage yards around here don't sell those components. that is the major part that is needed as far as I can see but I have never installed one and banks does have the installation booklet as well. you will need 3" or 4" exhaust pipe (banks calls for 3") from the firewall to the bumper straight pipe or turbo muffler and the down pipe off the turbo is there you will need 3" pipe to connect it to you tail pipe. all of which you can buy from banks. there is a k&n air filter in it but I wouldn't re-use it, banks $30 I believe.
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

SPEC

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2010, 07:50:09 AM »
You sell this DS?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal