Author Topic: Group hug at LS in October  (Read 69718 times)

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
Re: Group hug at LS in October
« Reply #75 on: October 09, 2009, 12:54:17 PM »
Sorry to hear Dunebound and I hope it turns around in the best ways possible for remission.

Still no word from the LS guys?? Maybe the group hug is still going on... ff:

Still would like to be there! Not for the extended "hug" though!!
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #76 on: October 09, 2009, 06:31:54 PM »
They Aussies call group hug a "scrum."  Ever notice how Scrum and ______ sound the same ???  Now group hug is an Olympic sport?   
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #77 on: October 10, 2009, 05:50:26 PM »
Just got in. thurs. sucked big time. No let up in rain that came mid aftrnoon Wed.. Friday was PERFECT. Today was cold as hell and I left around 2:30. All in all tho it was GREAT. All the guys that made it had fun I'm sure. More later.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

SPEC

« Reply #78 on: October 11, 2009, 04:45:54 AM »
 :t

Offline Reidy02

• VIP
  • What goes around comes around!
« Reply #79 on: October 11, 2009, 04:58:20 AM »
Wow love ya trike Spec it's a pisser! :o
VTR 1000 CUDA on the way.. What goes around comes around!!

SPEC

« Reply #80 on: October 11, 2009, 05:53:42 AM »
 :o ;D

Offline Doug Heim

• Bad @$$ Buggy Builder & Parts Supplier
  • Forum Sponsor
    • Doug Heim's Photo Bucket
« Reply #81 on: October 12, 2009, 10:07:56 AM »
Made it back at 4 am this morning. What a long drive back. 2 main words to describe the trip... COLD, WET.

All in all it was great to meet up and ride although I would have liked to do more. I was there early and good thing too. Tues was a nice day and dunes were untouched. I was the only one from the group.  That and Friday were the best days. Other than that... Forget about it. Im from WI and I was even cold. Thanks DS for letting me crash in the warm trailer!  8)

Pics and Vid comming soon!  :-X

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #82 on: October 12, 2009, 11:08:37 AM »
I knew ds would house you.  He's a nice guy for another northerner huh? Boltz showed up about 4 or so Sat morning. Fast woke and saw them and let them in the warm toyhauler. Bet boltz and the boy were happy about that! Bolts boy got his dune cherry popped right! Fasts friend with a 2 seater subie turmo rail took him for a ride. Fast and I were running with them. That boy has a grin on his face to say the least. That in itself made the gathering worthwhile. I rode Dougs fish a bit . I usually don't play with others toys since I rarely let others play with mine and I don't feel comfortable really hammering others  toys as I'd like , but Doug wanted me to so.......  I have to say that it handles great.  The fish was very nimble,quick as greased buggy juice,suspension felt well tuned and all in all it is a great buggy that anyone would be proud to own.

Oh yeah, the green looks good also Doug. Between doug,fast and the osha lime green hoodies my wife and I were wearing we could be seen a mile away! LOL!!!!.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #83 on: October 12, 2009, 02:12:08 PM »
I knew ds would house you.  He's a nice guy for another northerner huh? Boltz showed up about 4 or so Sat morning. Fast woke and saw them and let them in the warm toyhauler. Bet boltz and the boy were happy about that! Bolts boy got his dune cherry popped right! Fasts friend with a 2 seater subie turmo rail took him for a ride. Fast and I were running with them. That boy has a grin on his face to say the least. That in itself made the gathering worthwhile. I rode Dougs fish a bit . I usually don't play with others toys since I rarely let others play with mine and I don't feel comfortable really hammering others  toys as I'd like , but Doug wanted me to so.......  I have to say that it handles great.  The fish was very nimble,quick as greased buggy juice,suspension felt well tuned and all in all it is a great buggy that anyone would be proud to own.

Oh yeah, the green looks good also Doug. Between Doug,fast and the osha lime green hoodies my wife and I were wearing we could be seen a mile away! LOL!!!!.

Yea thanks Doug.  Doug offered me a spin in the fish but I declined.  I would have kill myself it that bad azz car of his.  Besides I told him that there were two things a man should not loan out.  One is his ride and the other is his wife.  In that order to.  ;D ;D ;D

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #84 on: October 12, 2009, 03:10:37 PM »
Well,I had turned the offer down twice already so I figured I'd REALLY insult him if I went 3 times.LOL!!!!!

"two things a man should not loan out.  One is his ride and the other is his wife.  In that order to."

I agree completely.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
« Reply #85 on: October 12, 2009, 04:01:43 PM »
Well,I had turned the offer down twice already so I figured I'd REALLY insult him if I went 3 times.LOL!!!!!

"two things a man should not loan out.  One is his ride and the other is his wife.  In that order to."

I agree completely.

While that is somewhat true it should be OK to (With permission of course) dance with a mans wife. Just not to screw with her! Same goes for the buggy.

Thanx again Doug for the time you let me take it out. It was a VERY fun dance! (Other than the getting stuck part on a dune top ridge which was totally MY fault! :] )

Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #86 on: October 12, 2009, 04:37:55 PM »
Hey Spec!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank's for the sampler box of goodies.  I Think we ate most of the pickles. I got all of the beets before anyone else got down there. Tell the Speconator she did just fine.  Master gave me one full package of zippy's that were left over I had to break into before the week end was over.  We did have a bad oversite for the soup dinner Master and I both forgot to get the sampler box out.  Well it was in the care of Master though.  Mite not been a oversite after all.  ;D ;D Sorry Doug.  The weather really got us screwed up on planning the soup dinner so some of the guys lost out big time on the South West Chicken soup. Even though I had to fix it because my wife could not make it in time it turned out pretty good if I do say so my self.  ;D ;D  Least no one got toemain. And it was just to damm cold and rainy to fix the home made Icecream.

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline Doug Heim

• Bad @$$ Buggy Builder & Parts Supplier
  • Forum Sponsor
    • Doug Heim's Photo Bucket
« Reply #87 on: October 12, 2009, 06:50:08 PM »
While that is somewhat true it should be OK to (With permission of course) dance with a mans wife. Just not to screw with her! Same goes for the buggy.

Thanx again Doug for the time you let me take it out. It was a VERY fun dance! (Other than the getting stuck part on a dune top ridge which was totally MY fault! :] )

Thats exactly it! just a quick dance. But fine I wont share it anymore  :P. I like to share what I know to be appreciated by a few I trust. Im still waiting on the group pics but here are the shots the day I got there before anyone else  8)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #88 on: October 12, 2009, 09:46:42 PM »
got home myself at 4:30 sunday. my back side is still dragging from that trip. dunebound you were missed!!!! but you missed some real $hitty weather. I have never seen it that cold in oct!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  if it weren't for all the great people and new friends I would have to say I was sorry I went to hang out in the trailer or by the fire the hole time.  fast I have to say I am sorry, I thought you left at the same time master and miss fabbr  ;D left! we all loaded up for a 2 pass run and had a blast until one of us blew a shock. that shock was or is a king and actually came apart. I told him I want to take it apart because I can't believe it came apart like that, I want to see how king builds their air shocks!  either than that 4 or the rails in our group went down by sat night. shane blew a shock, dean bent a spindle, sam threw valve spring retainers and allan lost the out put terminal on his alternator! nuts I pushed your buggy into shanes stall so it wasn't on the rd but by the time I got sam pulled back you had already loaded up and left  :'( I wanted to say hi. I hope we see you down for the next trip which will have to be in may or early june to insure warm weather well maybe not june!  I like cooler weather but damn!!!!!!!!!! I didn't bring coveralls but instead I had to wear a t shirt long sleeve flannel my lined jacket and a coat on top of that plus 2 pairs of socks and my rain suit bottoms ( ya doug my poppa smurf pants      yabetcha! ) and a stalking hat just to keep warm enough for quick u-turn out the gate!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it made it real hard when the little cinnamon bear started scratching at the door.

all in all seeing everyone and that good 2 pass ride around the dunes was great, master/fast damn nice toyhaulers. fast thanks for the ride love that rail, I wish my 3.8 had the acceleration on top end that yours does that was great.  I have dougs go pro memory cards but I am mailing them out tomorrow doug so you will be able to post up this weekend.

hope to see all on the next trip.  ;D ;D  this means you too enemy!! I have a few new dunes I want to show you! ;D ;D ;) ;)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 09:49:51 PM by Dsrace »
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #89 on: October 12, 2009, 09:53:32 PM »

Oh yeah, the green looks good also Doug. Between doug,fast and the osha lime green hoodies my wife and I were wearing we could be seen a mile away! LOL!!!!.

northener   huh I am from central US that is why I don't have an accent!!   ;) ;D ;D  and don't eat veggies just BEEF it does a body good.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 09:56:52 PM by Dsrace »
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal