Author Topic: Trailer/Toy hauler idea!  (Read 3051 times)

boltz2012

Trailer/Toy hauler idea!
« on: May 23, 2009, 11:23:14 AM »
Looking for a 30' to 40' fifth wheel trailer for my 18 wheeler....it can be old and the shape dont really matter as im gonna redo it. Me and my uncle was talking yesterday and he asked how i was gonna haul my buggy around. Told him i was gonna have to get a trailer and a bigger truck to haul all the stuff. He asks why i need a bigger truck since i own an 18 wheeler. Good point. So im gonna get an old box trailer sometime in the future when i go back to work and make my own toy hauler with a small shop, bedroom/living room, Tiny bathroom, And a place to store the toys. Ive got most everything it will take except the trailer. I own an old travel trailer that im gonna scrap to make the toy hauler. Let me know if you know of anything or have any input.

Also what can i do to generate 220v so i can put my welder in the trailer.

Offline Yoshi

Re: Trailer/Toy hauler idea!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 11:56:48 AM »
You got th semi, just get a semi trailer and you will have more room than you know what to do with, i've seen them as low as $2,500 in the trader, just do some searchin..

http://www.truckpaper.com/onlineauctions/details.aspx?OHID=2062368&guid=31DF356F085748E4A16E6AD0FD2FE56F

http://www.truckpaper.com/listings/category.aspx?bcatid=28&catid=28&guid=31DF356F085748E4A16E6AD0FD2FE56F

boltz2012

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009, 12:59:35 PM »
Thats what im planning on. I have found some a little cheaper than that around here. I only worry that i wont be able to park close to where we will be at LS. Semi's and sand dont do good. If its really hard packed sand than it might be ok...but on loose stuff its a no go.

Offline Jerry

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2009, 01:12:56 PM »
I have seen semi trailers with two wide tires pre axle. would that help in the sand

boltz2012

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2009, 01:17:25 PM »
Yeah..they would help...but not on the steering. Those tires are called super singles... I thought of that but cant use them do to the front end would sink.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009, 02:15:47 PM »
You won't sink into the sand at any parking at LS. No problem there.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline thedoctor

• Fabricator
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2009, 08:05:53 PM »
If you can, find an old moving van trailer. It will already have ramp in back and low floor. Some guys I raced with in Texas used one. Tim
In the words of my father "Never give up too soon, you might miss a good piece."

Offline Dunebound69

• Time flies when drinking rum!
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2009, 11:11:20 AM »
Those bouncing boobs are distracting! But wonderful.

Their is a place by Wahoo Nebraska that has a shit load of trailers sitting their. Enemy live in wahoo you might PM him.
Time flies when having rum!
Famous last words, Watch this
Government can not give you anything it dose not take from someone else first. When we stop laughing we start dying.
"When you stop doing things for fun you might as well be dead" Hemingway

SPEC

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2009, 04:41:58 PM »
WHAAAHOOOOOOOO
And here I thought that was just the noise Enemy made :-\

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2009, 10:02:34 PM »
WHAAAHOOOOOOOO
And here I thought that was just the noise Enemy made :-\

lol I will have to ask him that one!!
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2009, 01:06:39 AM »

Also what can i do to generate 220v so i can put my welder in the trailer.

Many welders can be bought that are also generators and if you  shop around for a dela on Craigs List you might find a steal. Or even jsut any good large generator. Being the semis is already diesel a diesel generator would prevent you from having to get deisel for the truck then pull over to gas pumps with a huge rig to get a large amount of gas for the generator.

But I guess you will need gas for the other toys so maybe thats not so big a concern.

Those tall semi trailers with the smaller wheels and 53 foot lengths can easily be made into double deckers. Buggies above and below!
The smaller wheels do turns more rotations but being this will only be used for recreation you will likely be better off as the smaller tires are cheaper IF while off in a parking lot you run something thru one.

Plus they have a lower rear deck height. Makes it eaiser to load.
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal