Author Topic: Trailer tires 101  (Read 9209 times)

Offline BDKW1

Re: Trailer tires 101
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2012, 08:41:52 PM »
I think a lot of this is that car tires get balanced and have shocks on them where many trailer tires do not have shocks and not too many people actually balance trailer tires.

Forgot to add that, all trailers that go to Baja also get shocks. With the wonderful pavement down south this really helps give you a little piece of mind. Cuts way down on the sway and bouncing from road joints ledges. We also balance them. Speaking of which, can anybody still get lead weights? The new ones suck ass. This may be something I look for south of the border next time I am down there.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2013, 10:08:43 PM »
I'm sure you can still get lead weights in waynoka ok because where they don't have any tires they do have all the equipment to install them lol lol ya i speak from personal experience and if you try the good year dealer in alva ok, don't expect to have any good year brands to choose from! yep no good year st's in stock ever!
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2013, 05:15:14 AM »
DS do you need tires again??  :-X :-X rofl

Oh also in Waynoka, you can buy cv flanges but not cv boots.  bs1
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2013, 07:49:48 PM »
lol ya that one too carl lol
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal