Author Topic: June trip to Silver Lake  (Read 10874 times)

SPEC

Re: June trip to Silver Lake
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2009, 06:55:38 AM »
I don't think I can drive/ride  that far :-\

SPEC

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2009, 06:56:22 AM »
Or5 else I'd deliver the parts bins and do some riding ;D

Offline Reidy02

• VIP
  • What goes around comes around!
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2009, 06:58:02 AM »
Ya poor bugger that'd suck bad...
VTR 1000 CUDA on the way.. What goes around comes around!!

SPEC

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2009, 07:02:43 AM »
Ya I got this fooken 3 wheeler sittin here....
But I started to rob parts off Barb's buggy last week to build the new 460's
That would be a fun trip...

Offline Doug Heim

• Bad @$$ Buggy Builder & Parts Supplier
  • Forum Sponsor
    • Doug Heim's Photo Bucket
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2009, 09:38:27 PM »
OK guys... Im off to bed to get some rest and Ill be up at 2am to start my drive. Im all caught up at work and the truck n buggy are loaded down. Ill be back Mon.

Take care. I have my cameras and camcorders all set up. I hope to bring back alot of footage and this will be the last shake down before powder coat so I plan to put her through her paces. Break now or forever hold you peace.

This may be a good time for all the $hit talkers to pipe up as I wont be around to defend myself.  :P ::)

Take it easy.

Silver Lake here I come!!!  ;D 8) ;D 8) ;D 8)

artie on edge

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2009, 09:49:40 PM »
OK guys... Im off to bed to get some rest and Ill be up at 2am to start my drive. Im all caught up at work and the truck n buggy are loaded down. Ill be back Mon.

Take care. I have my cameras and camcorders all set up. I hope to bring back alot of footage and this will be the last shake down before powder coat so I plan to put her through her paces. Break now or forever hold you peace.

This may be a good time for all the $hit talkers to pipe up as I wont be around to defend myself.  :P ::)

Take it easy.

Take the drive safely and enjoy it all. Bring back heaps of vids and no we wont take the piss until yer back...it just aint no fun taking the piss outta ya without you here!

::) 8) ;D

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2009, 10:08:19 PM »

Take it easy.

I want to see some good footage and some footage of the park.  ;D ;D
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline Reidy02

• VIP
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2009, 06:08:17 AM »
Ya lucky Bassturd have fun Bud, have a beer or brown lemonade for me..

SPEC

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2009, 06:20:58 AM »
The damn lake ;D
It would only be about a 7 hour drive for me if the lake weren't there

Offline Reidy02

• VIP
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2009, 06:40:28 AM »
Why how long does it take cause of it?

SPEC

« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2009, 06:54:01 AM »
I haven't gone to silverlake...
But prolly around 13 hours if I remember what the mapquest said...
I can't remember what the name of the town that is closeby :-[
Or I'd mapquest it again

Offline Reidy02

• VIP
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2009, 01:49:48 AM »
Shit mate that makes fa long day sitt'n behind the wheel fa hours at a time just drive'n, I know I went yesterday up the coast to see my older Bro. That was a two and three quarter hour drive there then back.

SPEC

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2009, 06:00:16 AM »
It's a 12 hour drive to go visit Fabr...Plus another 3 to 4 to get to LS depending on how many damn vultures I hit :-\

Offline Dunebound69

• Time flies when drinking rum!
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2009, 11:46:23 AM »
Silver lake is one of the runs I would like to make.
Time flies when having rum!
Famous last words, Watch this
Government can not give you anything it dose not take from someone else first. When we stop laughing we start dying.
"When you stop doing things for fun you might as well be dead" Hemingway

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2009, 07:53:54 PM »
I went and met Doug today at the Dunes. He was already there with another buddy who was having a lot of bad buggy luck.

Doug was doing his best to help the buddy get going. The first buggy the friend had suffered damage and the second did not have spark arrestors (among some loose parts that were a bear to get to) so the FUZZ would not let it in due to no spark arrestors. After getting some spark arrestors it refused to start. Fun day for him it was not. Better luck tommorrow.

Then I went out into the dunes and watched for a bit and finally decided to take a buzz on one of my quads. I chased Doug around for a bit and I thought I was pretty impressed by watching the thing deal with the dunes.

The reason I say thought I was impressed was after a bit we were back in the parking lot helping another mini buggy person who twisted a micro stub and I made a joke about driving Dougs buggy. I was literally kidding. Doug however took me up on it and let me go for a nice lap around the Dunes!

Unforgettable!!  I had fun with it but did not run it super hard as its not my machine nor was I familiar with it. Still I aint had that much fun in the dunes in years. Things that would test my ability to hang on to the bars of my quad this thing would go over and you barely knew it. Stable is an understatement. I made the mistake of thinking sunglasses would be fine to keep the wind out of my eyes but I wish I had wore my helmet or at least my helmets goggles. Not even pushing it hard I was going fast enough I had to slow down due to wind and a bit of sand (mostly wind surprisingly) was making my eyes water.  Too much fun. The only real changes I could see I would want were due to the fact I am a lil taller than Doug and thus would have different positions for things were it my daily driver. Fun and impressive. Me likey!       

It was probably the best inspiration I have had in a LONG time to get off my tail with piddly shit I have been doing and get to working on something of my own (buggywise). 

I took some video with my camrea but it only takes little 15 second bursts and to be mild they aint the best quality. I NEED a new camera. This ones fine for still pics but its older. I am trying to figure out how to clean them up and make them bigger. Plus I have dialup so if I can get them presentable I might upload them at the library with the highspeed there. 

I may go out again tommorrow. I have a guy who is supposed to some and buy both my quads and if he does that I will have some money to buy a another motor and another set of shocks. If the guy DOES come I may not be going out. (Might still take my truck out for fun) 

So had a good time. Was great to meet Doug and see his work. Was reallllllllllly cool he let me test it first hand. Hopefulley I will get a chance to see him again tommorrow. If not next time hes this way to the dunes. Thanx Doug!                              Bill     
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal