Author Topic: More Pilot pics  (Read 5458 times)

plkracer

Re: More Pilot pics
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2009, 05:25:23 PM »
I was in Yuma when a dust storm hit. You could see it coming then bam, like a wall of dirt. Let everything covered like when mt. st. helens poofed a few years back (not the big one, the small eruption after 2000).

odypilots

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2009, 06:24:05 AM »
l would think a 600 would be just right, the 800 is just so fiece, its either on of off, and once its on the steerings not vey effective as the front wheels are trying to lift, it got away from me more than once due to the front wheels being in the air
have you any pics of your long travel suspension, l wouldent mind a set  for mine,  how are your brakes ? ,  mine are worse than crap  :o

I don't have my machine home now, because I'm building a garage, but I can get you some pics in a few weeks. If you can find ATV Racing's web site, they still have the kit on the site, so you may learn something there. Yeah, we talked brakes in another thread. I think your's may need adjusting or work.

Offline Baloo

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2009, 03:42:43 AM »
we been out again, my pilot seems to be working ok now, l have loads of pics and vids, here a few to be getting on with

odypilots

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2009, 04:27:27 AM »
Wow, Baloo, those might be the best 4 videos in one post, ever! The first one reminds me of the extreme hill climbs from Iceland, the idle up to the base, then explosion of power! Who's driving the 800 there? WHAT A LANDING!

The second is my least favorite, but I LOVE it! Alan really goes for it. He either understands how that Pilot handles, or he's just a natural!

I love watching that suspension work on that crawler. I've always been a go faster kinda guy, but that looks fascinating!

On board video is always 10 times better with another car ( or 10 ) in them! You setting the pace, and Lee using the insane HP difference to run it in hard, cross it up, and catch back up in the next straight! I love it.

Thanks, Baloo, you've made my day!

Offline Baloo

« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 12:33:08 PM by Baloo »

Islander

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2009, 06:59:09 PM »
Man I want that 4WD buggy ;D

Offline Baloo

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2009, 03:34:20 PM »
Man I want that 4WD buggy ;D

tis funny even people who dont like 4 wheel drives like that one, l think he should post the plans on the net somewhere

a few more

artie on edge

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2009, 07:42:28 PM »
Baloo, I love the way you guys use these things! Brilliant, tell me, how many scratches do you both have on your roof plates? i WOULD THINK THEY ARE ABOUT WORN OUT!!! (damn caps)  ;D ;D ;D

SPEC

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2009, 12:08:18 AM »
WHEEEEE ;D

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2009, 07:26:18 AM »
That 4wd sucker is cool!
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Baloo

« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2009, 02:14:09 PM »

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2009, 04:16:46 PM »
I like the video of the 800CC pilot chasing the 400?CC.  Niether one is faster, but the 800 is much more interesting to drive! ;D ;D

Offline Baloo

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2009, 12:42:20 AM »
hi engineer
            yes the one with the 800 chasing the 400 is probally the most intresting to watch, you can see Lee can close up any time he likes and power slide all over the place,  he did a good job to stay in camera shot as much as he did since the camera was fixed on my pilot pointing backwards and every time  l slid around the corner l caused  him to be out of shot  ::)
but it was fun doing it
we are going to have another go but this time we are going to use lees 2 seater buggy as the camera mount since its got air shocks and rides so much better/softer,  it should cut out a lot of the viberation that was evident from the pilot, might even find a way of faceing backwards in the passenger seat and be able to aim the camera instead of haveing it fixed ridgedly to the roll cage

Andy
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 01:37:05 PM by Baloo »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal