Author Topic: More Pilot pics  (Read 5459 times)

Offline Baloo

More Pilot pics
« on: April 15, 2009, 01:00:00 PM »
we had both the pilots out on tues, heres a few pics, as you can see a few days of dry weather and the place seems so different, dust every where

to save me typing finger heres a link to some more of the pics
http://shropshire-suzuki.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=7729
is that ok posting links like that?

Andy 

Admin

Re: More Pilot pics
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 01:55:38 PM »
Yes, but you have to be a member to see them, so it dont do much good...

Offline Baloo

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 02:19:18 PM »
oops  l keep forgetting that  ::)
will post them here in a bit

Offline Baloo

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 02:34:27 PM »

odypilots

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 02:51:23 PM »
Baloo, you'd better stay out of that 800cc monster or you'll never be happy with 400cc's.

Offline Baloo

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2009, 03:12:59 PM »

hi odypilots

it is very addictive  ;D  but its just crazy power you arrive at the corners way faster than the drum brakes can possibly stop you ;D and it lifts the front wheels at the slightest prod of the throttle lever which dosent do the front end grip any favors,   in most of the pics you can see it lifting the front right wheel with just a bit of throttle on, any more than half throttle means you cant see where you are going as your knees block the view ahead  ;D
but for all the 800's power the 400 has its good points as well, its a lot more manageable, controlable power slides and you dont get into so much trouble

h'mm 800cc  ::)

SPEC

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2009, 05:24:18 PM »
MMMMMMMM :o ;D

artie on edge

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2009, 06:34:08 PM »
we had both the pilots out on tues, heres a few pics, as you can see a few days of dry weather and the place seems so different, dust every where

Andy

Looks a blast Andy, im the same with horsepower.. can NEVER have enough...too much? huh?

To paraphrase a famous aussie (sort of)
Mate, thats not dust..THIS is dust.....

Coming.....

Arrived!

odypilots

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2009, 05:31:33 AM »
hi odypilots

it is very addictive  ;D  but its just crazy power you arrive at the corners way faster than the drum brakes can possibly stop you ;D and it lifts the front wheels at the slightest prod of the throttle lever which dosent do the front end grip any favors,   in most of the pics you can see it lifting the front right wheel with just a bit of throttle on, any more than half throttle means you cant see where you are going as your knees block the view ahead  ;D
but for all the 800's power the 400 has its good points as well, its a lot more manageable, controlable power slides and you dont get into so much trouble

h'mm 800cc  ::)

Maybe I've hit the sweet spot with a 600 Rotax, then. I've kinda been thinking about an 800, but concerns about the stock gearbox has kept me from getting to worked up about it. The ATV Racing long travel suspension kit on mine may be helping tame the 600, though. I've thought about doing a 600 standard suspension Pilot, for the smooth tracks, as the stock frame turns quite a bit better, in my experience. That would be more of an "apples to apples" comparision.

Offline Baloo

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2009, 02:12:54 PM »
Looks a blast Andy, im the same with horsepower.. can NEVER have enough...too much? huh?

To paraphrase a famous aussie (sort of)
Mate, thats not dust..THIS is dust.....

Coming.....

Arrived!

so whats that then artie ?  a dust storm blown up by the wind, l bet you dont drive around over there with out the air filter on do you

Offline Baloo

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2009, 02:20:37 PM »
Maybe I've hit the sweet spot with a 600 Rotax, then. I've kinda been thinking about an 800, but concerns about the stock gearbox has kept me from getting to worked up about it. The ATV Racing long travel suspension kit on mine may be helping tame the 600, though. I've thought about doing a 600 standard suspension Pilot, for the smooth tracks, as the stock frame turns quite a bit better, in my experience. That would be more of an "apples to apples" comparision.

l would think a 600 would be just right, the 800 is just so fiece, its either on of off, and once its on the steerings not vey effective as the front wheels are trying to lift, it got away from me more than once due to the front wheels being in the air
have you any pics of your long travel suspension, l wouldent mind a set  for mine,  how are your brakes ? ,  mine are worse than crap  :o

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2009, 02:30:07 PM »
Dust?  Got you beat....

« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 02:34:28 PM by Yummi »
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

artie on edge

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2009, 02:38:36 PM »
Dust?  Got you beat....

Defeat conceded (gracefully I hope), damn thats good! I would love to get Baloo to send some of that water over here. We are in our 8th year of drought, loving it.... blah!

artie on edge

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2009, 02:40:17 PM »
Whoa! Is that your town? If not.....doesnt count....sorry competition rules are rules... all must abide.... (yes I willl take your word for it... we aussies arent always hard to get along with)  8)

artie on edge

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2009, 02:42:22 PM »
so whats that then artie ?  a dust storm blown up by the wind, l bet you dont drive around over there with out the air filter on do you

Yeah mate it is, and nooooo we dont. This was fairly big but we get them several times a year. Two in the last couple of weeks, gets into EVERYTHING!

Cheers mate.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal