Author Topic: crazy trailer question  (Read 22992 times)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
Re: crazy trailer question
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2009, 10:15:07 PM »
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline Boostinjdm

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2009, 10:28:03 PM »
I think if I were you I'd sell off your trailer and pick up a used car hauler.  I have seen the cheapy 16-18ft tandem angle iron trailers go for as low as $500 used.  I think I would find a used one and throw a couple hundred into fixing it up and you will end up with what you want for not a lot of green.
This post has been edited due to content.

Admin

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2009, 07:21:54 AM »
I have been looking, i need 18' tho... i would buy a 16 if its cheap and add 2, no problem tho...

Hoodlum

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2009, 08:47:19 PM »
Here's an idea of how to get the most from your trailer...Might be some help....One is a 6x10 with a pilot and an oddy, and the other is an 18 ftr with 2 pilots and rzr with room to spare....
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 08:48:53 PM by Hoodlum »

Hoodlum

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2009, 08:49:29 PM »

Admin

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2009, 09:59:57 PM »
cant turn the drak sideways, its to long legally... ;D I need an 18' trailer, id be set, found a 20 local cheap, waiting for a reply...

Hoodlum

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2009, 10:55:38 PM »
I had my 18ftr built locally...Light weight with mesh floor and 3500lb axles with brakes on 1 axle...
The welds were not the cleanest,and the paint was not prestine,but it only cost me $1200....I can get you the info of the builder if interested.....
Hoodlum

Admin

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2009, 10:59:01 PM »
I had my 18ftr built locally...Light weight with mesh floor and 3500lb axles with brakes on 1 axle...
The welds were not the cleanest,and the paint was not prestine,but it only cost me $1200....I can get you the info of the builder if interested.....
Hoodlum

No thats fine, I likely will build one after i get down there, or mod what i have if I dont buy this 20' cheap, just hard to spend any money when spending 5k to move... I did find that tennessee and ga are the least expensive trailers even new... I have thought about 2 trailers, Indiana is legal, If ga was legal id be welding a hitch on the front one and adding another and say fxxk it, lol...

Hoodlum

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2009, 11:05:14 PM »
I have seen several different tandom set ups in GA,so I know it's legal,just don't know the specifics....

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2009, 11:07:13 PM »
Often a second trialer is only allowed behind a fifth wheel. Not two normal trailers. Usually.
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Admin

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2009, 11:15:20 PM »
Indiana is legal to pull two bumper hitched trailers, Michigan is not, I have seen indiana plated trailers in michigan tandem, but only one time, hauling two t trailer with buggys on them...

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2009, 06:42:31 AM »
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2009, 06:45:28 AM »
How about an angled ramp so one humps the other ?You know let the drak mount and hump the predator!LOL!!! You'd gain a few feet that way.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2009, 06:50:25 AM »
That explains a few things....  insert banjo music here........ thanks, i knew there was more the meets the eye....

I resemble that remark. :P

Seen quite a few motor homes towing their daily driver car that was towing a 20' boat.  By an old fooker from up north headin to Fla. ;D  Scary
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline Dunebound69

• Time flies when drinking rum!
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2009, 07:28:45 AM »
Single axle trailers start to pogo stick to much as they get longer. They are also more prone to whip on you. I have a single under my boat, only 16ft. Boat can get away with a little more since their weight is usually very biased to the rear. My axle is about 2 feet from the rear and I still have a very light tongue till we put in all the gear. Tandem is just more stable, triples are bit of a nightmare. 
Time flies when having rum!
Famous last words, Watch this
Government can not give you anything it dose not take from someone else first. When we stop laughing we start dying.
"When you stop doing things for fun you might as well be dead" Hemingway

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal