Author Topic: new 2020 toyhauler design  (Read 8682 times)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
new 2020 toyhauler design
« on: November 17, 2019, 12:40:24 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/genesissupremerv/photos/pcb.1283901555126401/1283901288459761/?type=3&theater

saw a few on rvtrader for $16k. would work well for just i and my wife and easy to pull.
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
Re: new 2020 toyhauler design
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2019, 12:43:34 PM »

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2019, 02:25:23 PM »

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2019, 06:02:21 AM »
Deck is too short. Needs to be 20' minimum for 2 SXS's.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2019, 07:22:38 AM »
loll only needs to be 14' for one sand rail

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2019, 06:40:46 AM »
needs to be 24' for 1 rail and 1 sxs....................... ;) ;)
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2019, 07:15:18 AM »
your not the only one to say that. to go that long one would want a gooseneck to start with lol

so i did speak with a salesman in arizona who is a fellow duner that runs sand rails.  the 2020 units are called wide body on genesis's site but then they follow with 96". so 96" isnt wide body and apperantly they will be offering 101" wide models next year. he went out and measured the opening for me.....93". my rail will fit through that with paddles on. i asked how long ( with 14'6" as all floor plans are built on 31'6" trailers) the inside of the camper is.......he measured 12' interior.  6" wider inside the camper is more than one thinks! tech 5" wider as for some reason in the camper world they only go 101". i asked if it could be ordered with 235-85x16 wheels with the 6k lb axle option. he called the rep to get that and the next couple answers. rep said would have to go to 7k axles and with enough lead time they would. standard axle is 4400lb. so i like the unit with the twin jack knife sofas in the rear for the lay out not for the sofas lol i asked if i could delete the sofans and have a full height happy jack bed instead....rep said no then gave some poor excuse that the wall wasnt support properly for it. i am not positive what the maeans but the rails are already mount they just dont go to the floor which is why the couchs are screwed to the wall instead of attached to the happy jack rails. i just dont think they want to make that change. they will delete the sofa's as i want recliners anyway.  they 190watt solar system i saw in the video will not be an option until 2021 models. the 9' awning option is over the deck. didnt ask if one could add one to the side but i but one could. 

with a on the lot sale price of $16 i think this is a very good option for many. prob not a family of 4 but for couples or just 2 people making a 2 or 3 day run. there is 2 floor plans that have a large door in the rear and that is wide enough for a stock quad to go through and tie downs in the floor inside.  the salemen did offer to sell me a full size hapy jack assembly so i can install my own and he priced out roller recliners at $350. thats the key point since its only 12' long is a bed that rolls up to the ceiling so you have a living room so to speak. there is no room to pull blankets and pillows and/foam mattress off the couch's and stuff them somewhere. just need to roll the bed up and use the recliners plus the door is large enough to roll the recliners out onto the deck under the awning.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2019, 07:32:23 AM »
I'll look at yours when you get it.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2019, 12:05:46 PM »
no problem

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2019, 01:25:09 PM »
Got it ordered?  I like the concept on the one hand but ,on the other,I hate the buggy being exposed to the weather/rain/thieves on the road. I've been hauling the kids YXZ's back and forth this last summer and it is BS putting up with the weather on an open trailer. They're doing all their own transporting next year!!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 01:28:35 PM by fabr »
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2019, 03:56:08 PM »
i to like the concept and question the open trailer hauling. now with that being said i did stop and inquire about a custom travel cover by a guy that makes custom boat covers for traveling and custom rv covers. he is on the expensive side but form fit and double layer .  as far as exposed to the weather.....well the only thing i have to worry about is the rugged radio. i will make a cover for the center console and one for the rail and that will be fine. if i stop and nap then i'll be right next to it anyway. the point is to make it eaiser and cheaper to run to the dunes and back. it would make the drive to st a better as well lol towing that compared to my fifthwheel. 8400 empty compared to 5000 empty plus wind drag!

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2019, 04:00:10 PM »
i to like the concept and question the open trailer hauling. now with that being said i did stop and inquire about a custom travel cover by a guy that makes custom boat covers for traveling and custom rv covers. he is on the expensive side but form fit and double layer .  as far as exposed to the weather.....well the only thing i have to worry about is the rugged radio. i will make a cover for the center console and one for the rail and that will be fine. if i stop and nap then i'll be right next to it anyway. the point is to make it eaiser and cheaper to run to the dunes and back. it would make the drive to st a better as well lol towing that compared to my fifthwheel. 8400 empty compared to 5000 empty plus wind drag!
Funny you say that. Just this morning I ws thinking of vavuum forming some water proof front enclosures for the YXZ.s and both buggy's. Will be plenty east to do I think. Gonna give it some serious thought while waiting for new custom dry sump pump.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline DeepBusch69

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2019, 04:50:52 PM »
Cool idea to lighten up the load, but the camper just seems small, and where do you put all the tools and spare parts?  And the buggy exposed to the wet weather is just a no! 

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2019, 05:08:05 PM »
Only plus I see is the easy access to tying down. Only thing I like about hauling the kids YXZ's on the flatbed. :m I cross strap both front and rear even in the enclosed. DOT habit.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 05:10:24 PM by fabr »
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2019, 05:19:25 PM »
Then buy a nice slide in camper,not some monster thing but a cab over only and a lightweight tag trailer just heavy duty enough to haul the rail. You guys don't spend time inside your trailer anyway but for sleeping.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal