Author Topic: Fall Gathering Oct 23-29 2022 Final Decision  (Read 12157 times)

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Re: Fall Gathering Oct 23-29 2022 Final Decision
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2022, 08:41:01 PM »
Should be another great get together, spread the word! The more the,well you know. :m
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline DeepBusch69

« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2022, 08:36:36 AM »
I don't have Brian Strange contact. Has anyone let him or Jerry or??? know?

Mike has a spot.  Dr Strange and J C both are aware of the dates

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2022, 03:16:37 PM »
i can always squeeze another trailer in my slip. it has 50 and 30 amp sockets and i am 50. i doubt carl will make the fall trip after having moved even farther east.
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2022, 06:35:45 PM »
Always  a last resort spot for a couple in town. Still only 15 amp 110 extension cord service.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2022, 07:27:38 AM »
Always  a last resort spot for a couple in town. Still only 15 amp 110 extension cord service.
thats very nice of you to offer!

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2022, 09:00:08 AM »
We may be further but the car is closer back in N ga. We are completely up in air with everything. We’ve talked about learning a foreign language 🤔

We have a wedding right before these dates. We will be runes next yr, hopefully into Yvette to some real dunes.
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2022, 06:51:14 PM »
Found a site at the Cowboy! Hopefully have my engine back together by the end of the week, found the culprit of my transmission woes... A nearly locked up shift cable... It did a number on the 3-4 slider and cooked the shift forks. I have another cut trans on standby I totally forgot about, just finished swapping it over to the HD output shaft, going to a slightly lower ratio HD 1st gear and billet shift forks...

and an APE billet clutch basket..

and a billet clutch hub....   

Stupid shift cable.
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline DeepBusch69

« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2022, 03:12:01 PM »
Found a site at the Cowboy! Hopefully have my engine back together by the end of the week, found the culprit of my transmission woes... A nearly locked up shift cable... It did a number on the 3-4 slider and cooked the shift forks. I have another cut trans on standby I totally forgot about, just finished swapping it over to the HD output shaft, going to a slightly lower ratio HD 1st gear and billet shift forks...

and an APE billet clutch basket..

and a billet clutch hub....   

Stupid shift cable.

Good to hear that you are getting it sorted.  Now you need to bug DSrace and get his butt in gear!   :m

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2022, 07:58:41 PM »
I'm ready for some fun.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2022, 01:41:51 PM »
I'm ready for some fun.

I'm ready for some fun too, ready for the roofers to get to my house as well as the siding guys. Still awaiting approval of 2 bids from insurance company as well. Couldn't wait on the glass guys so I bought new const windows and installed them myself. Cut the siding as its getting replaced. Had to trim a lot of bush's and trees and been waiting for some cooler weather to start shredding also waiting for the neighbor to run over and yank 7 trees out before I can deposit the wood chips. This heat gets to be harder to handle with each passing year. Highly doubt my rail will be done before the trip. I hope to run Scott's rail. I was informed we have an a wedding the same weekend of the trip and that my daughter and grandson would be back for it as well and staying with us for 4 or 5 days. So as long as I get Scott's rail going, then I will have to leave very early Sat morning and catch the reception. Prob looking at a 2 day dune trip so I can spend time with my grandson as well. Time will tell for sure.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2022, 01:53:16 PM »
As far as my rail goes......I have some plans for it as a winter project. There are a few other mods I have been wanting to make and as far as I will be stripping it to fit the hv24 trans, well, might as well get it all done at the same time. I still have the tube to build another frame but this frame has been capable so far and is plenty heavy. The new trans is 50 lbs heavier and I have been at the limits of the 2.5 air shocks ..... imo. I have 12" stroke internal bypass coil overs for the front already.   Been waiting and watching for a pair of 3.0 internal bypass coilovers for the rear. Need a min of 12" stroke and I'll reduce to 22" stroke in the rear. I bet the 3.0 c/o would do fine at 2-1 ratio.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2022, 06:14:39 PM »
Getr' done!! Maybe we'll both be ready with new combos come spring.  I'm still waiting on some pieces for the 427 sb2.2   This is getting ridiculous as all get out!  The 360 sb2.2 is still going though. Cross fingers on how long the spindly crank will hold up to constant on/off throttle. Maybe I'm gun shy for no real reason. Those Bryant cranks are tough SOB's.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 06:17:03 PM by fabr »
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2022, 05:31:30 AM »
Getr' done!! Maybe we'll both be ready with new combos come spring.  I'm still waiting on some pieces for the 427 sb2.2   This is getting ridiculous as all get out!  The 360 sb2.2 is still going though. Cross fingers on how long the spindly crank will hold up to constant on/off throttle. Maybe I'm gun shy for no real reason. Those Bryant cranks are tough SOB's.

it is sad these gov made shortages have hit all of us sooooo bad! that truly sucks it has taken so long to get your parts. i know your more then capable of building the engine hands down! i can understand the gun shy part though.  after working all day in the heat, it's just so hard to force myself back into it after i get home and cooled down. my parts for the garage ac just showed up yesterday after 4 weeks on order! that's just rediculous and am going to spend the day working on scotts rail today. i have some plans for mine but it will be a winter project for sure. been a crazy year for myself this year and the 4 rounds of hail storms has sent us in to overdrive at work. didn't even have time to for my wifes family's annual lake get together or my own families. infact i have only taken time off to take the miss's to mt rushmore for our 20th this year. throw the hail damage on top of that, hell i haven't even had a day to pull the brand new customer fixer upper toyhauler out to replace the water pump and the thermostat snap switch's on the water heater and still need to figure out how to get to the furnace to check the sail switch! i have a full set of power stabilizers to install on it yet as well. the upside is that i should be able to fire up the ac in the garage today, finally! 

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2022, 06:37:01 AM »
I hear you!! I have more stuff to do than time.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Grimm Reaper Racing

• Forum Sponsor
« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2022, 11:53:54 PM »
I've just got a coule things to address with my rail, and toy hauler, and I'm ready for the fall trip. We're getting closer, and I'm definitely in need of some dune therapy.
See you all duneside.😎🤙

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal