Author Topic: Winter mods: whatcha got?  (Read 14126 times)

Offline BrianN

Re: Winter mods: whatcha got?
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2022, 01:11:51 PM »
shifter
makes sense know. i was way off. lol
Dave, if you saw some of the things I have to do to accomplish my mods, WORKING OUT OF MY SHED, then you would realize that you weren't that far off after all!!

Offline BrianN

« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2022, 01:15:32 PM »
is that shifter a direct bolt on for the new 6 speed or needs modification?  so any idea what they rate the 6 speed as far as power input?  i just ask cause i know your turning that hair dryer up  :nw   10:
The shifter is supposed to be bolt-on, except for a small mounting bracket modification. And I may have to turn it up to offset all the fricken weight I am adding for strength.

Offline DeepBusch69

« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2022, 01:51:02 PM »
Great progress, I like the rear cage so far.  Keep cutting, welding and adding more steel! 

Offline big dave

« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2022, 04:19:50 PM »
shifter
Dave, if you saw some of the things I have to do to accomplish my mods, WORKING OUT OF MY SHED, then you would realize that you weren't that far off after all!!
i totally get that. i find myself trying to make tools out of junk around the shop. rather then just buying the dam thing.  penny saved is a penny earned.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2022, 04:13:55 AM »
shifter
i totally get that. i find myself trying to make tools out of junk around the shop. rather then just buying the dam thing.  penny saved is a penny earned.

now isnt that the truth! 
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2022, 06:32:38 AM »
shifter
A penny saved is a penny earned and it only took all day to do so........... ;D
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline BrianN

« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2022, 09:10:38 AM »
Got a few parts located. I will definitely need stiffer springs now. I went from basically 1:1 motion ratio to 2:1. ( I think I said that right) And new brake lines, shifter cables, etc.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2022, 11:01:52 AM »
WHAT WILL YOU NEED FOR SPRINGS?  I MAY HAVE WHAT YOU NEED.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline big dave

« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2022, 02:55:55 PM »
might have some springs out this way to.  if fab does not  have what you need.

Offline Grimm Reaper Racing

• Forum Sponsor
« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2022, 05:36:30 PM »
I can help you with the calcs, and get your spring rates figured out if you need?

I also have some eibach 2.0 springs in my collection.
See you all duneside.😎🤙

Offline BrianN

« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2022, 07:30:25 PM »
Thanks ya'll for the offers. My rear springs will be 2.5". My current springs are 125 lb-16" primary and 175 lb-18" secondary. Eibach. First chance I get, I will get some angles, weights(to the best of my ability) actual motion ratio, shock shaft showing at ride height. Am I missing anything? I will admit that I have sucked in the past at determining spring rates!! I do not have my valving specs available, but should be able to get them. And Dave, we need to plan some other trips before fall.

Offline big dave

« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2022, 04:15:23 PM »
Thanks ya'll for the offers. My rear springs will be 2.5". My current springs are 125 lb-16" primary and 175 lb-18" secondary. Eibach. First chance I get, I will get some angles, weights(to the best of my ability) actual motion ratio, shock shaft showing at ride height. Am I missing anything? I will admit that I have sucked in the past at determining spring rates!! I do not have my valving specs available, but should be able to get them. And Dave, we need to plan some other trips before fall.
I agree with that. I'm sure i will make it down a few times this summer.

Offline DeepBusch69

« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2022, 05:39:59 PM »
Briann, your springs are much softer than mine, but I am probably over sprung.  I have 300 over 500# right now.  Thinking of dropping the bottom spring to 400#. 

Hate to hear that Dave.  Get me your bosses phone # and I will tell him  <a href="http://www.animateit. <a href="http://www.animateit. <a href="http://www.animateit.    rofl

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2022, 06:26:25 PM »
Brian , when choosing springs remember that the combined rate should be only as stiff as needed to set the car ride height.  You can vary the secondary rate and crossover placement as needed to help with g-outs.Shock valving is for ride characteristics . That is why bypasses are so superior to all other shocks.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline BrianN

« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2022, 06:41:00 PM »
fabr, please explain "combined rate". Budlight, my springs are/were so light because of the placement of the shocks. They were mounted directly on top of bearing carriers, close to tires, and straight up and down basically. I was using nearly all 16" of shock shaft for 16" of wheel travel.That is what I consider 1:1 motion ratio.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal