Author Topic: toyhauler  (Read 14720 times)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
Re: toyhauler
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2022, 06:29:51 AM »
so just a tiny update.......

i can say that i would never recommend purchasing anything from dunesport. it's sad as they are the only ones that will build your floor plan. there is a lack of quality control and there is at any company however there greatest issue is in the admin. 

in writing, they claim 2 year structural, 1 year full bumper to bumper ( specifically stated appliances)  but when you have a water heater or furnace that don't work correctly they tell you to take it up with the manufacturer. i know warranties are only as good as the people backing them so this is of no surprise.

this year was i an my wifes 20th anniversary. she has never been to mt rushmore so i decided to take her on a trip to see the sights. we visited mt rushmore, custer nation park as well as wall drug and the badlands. i drove across iron mountain road too but would not recommend that in a drw truck lol it was tight but luckily it was a slow weekend being the weekend before memorial day. it dropped down to 28* for two of the nights. there is no insulation in the floor of this toyhauler and they do not tell customers that they do not insulate. luckily it only dropped to 28* for 2 or 3 hrs the one night and 5 or 6 hrs the next with highs in the low 60's those days. the night it dipped for 5 or 6 hrs the water in the hose began to slush but never froze under pressure.  had to drive into rapid city for a 2nd space heater. wife had it up to 80* in there at one point and that is too hot for myself  :m we had full hook ups at both camp grounds and i have to say that it is very nice to have sewer hook ups!  had a great time all in all and put 350 miles on the truck just touring the mt rushmore custer park area and the bad lands area.

our first trip with the toyhauler i found a water trail and couldn't tell where it came from. thought it was a water fitting so i hand tightened all i could find. took the access panel off the base of the shower thinking maybe the drain fitting, that was dry. well i found the source of the leak on this trip, the water pump itself.  i know the check valve didnt work from our first trip. the 3 days at the dunes it allowed the city water to fill up our 100 gal fresh tank. i installed shut off valve so that cannot happen again and that valve is part of a winterization kit to pump anti freeze into the water lines.  i spoke with the owner of dune sport ( brad ) personally and he said they would warranty the pump.  took 6 more emails and 8 months but i got one! so the body of the pump leaks under pressure. doesn't leak a huge amount and not consistent when and how much it leaks.  leaks when city water is connected and when the pump is in use. had to swap out small towels under it for a few days to get by. found our the furnace doesn't work and the thermostat on the water heater isn't working correctly. the water shouldn't get hot enough to roll steam off the bottom of the sink!  :m  when i emailed asking for dune sport to warranty these items they said thats between i and the manufacturer. not a surprise in the slightest bit coming from that company.

the roof also leaked on the first trip so they sent me 5 tubes of glue to fix it........i did get it fixed and learned they do a shit job on the roofs. i did get 200 watts of solar installed and it works quite nicely.

only ran into a dusting of snow up in the altitude 3 times, no big deal and didn't last long but the whole trip was warm weather clothes. i was quite comfortable personally.

the slanted nose of the camper def creates down force in a head wind or atleast 90% head wind. ran into a lot of wind on that 8 hr drive up and 9.5 hr drive back. enough of a down force the truck runs 10 psi more boost to overcome it! other then that it tows very nice empty.

Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: July 04, 2022, 10:56:05 AM »
Won't be long now. When you throwing in the towel and getting the next hauler?  ;) ;) :)
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #47 on: July 04, 2022, 10:58:47 AM »
Won't be long now. When you throwing in the towel and getting the next hauler?  ;) ;) :)

rofl rofl i cannot say the thought hasn't crossed my mind!  ;) if it were still a sellers market i would post it to see but......ya

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2022, 11:00:23 AM »
just about got everything fixed as well so that's another non selling point .......plus........ there's the matter of who wins the bet  LMAO LMAO rofl rofl

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2022, 11:08:30 AM »
 :m Sorry you are having all the issues. Very frustrating for sure.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2022, 10:34:32 AM »
definately frustrating , but, not sure which is more frustrating, the flaws or the managment   beathorse.gif~c200  beathorse.gif~c200  :nw

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2022, 11:16:14 AM »
Sounds like the buck should stop at the management. I can understand/sympathize with their likely stupid/don't care employees problems but if management was to remedy the issues promptly without hesitation I could overlook the whole stupid employee issues. Anyone who has employees knows the headaches they cause. Smart companies fix issues without whining or just sending 5 tubes of glue for a roof with obvious issues........ That would have made my blood begin boiling.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2022, 06:22:38 PM »
Yes, that would have been "fuse reaches explosive" moment for me.. Sends glue, what a douche rocket!
 Is there any thing you LIKE about this rig yet? How is that 12v refrigerator holding up?
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #53 on: July 07, 2022, 08:31:11 PM »
Sounds like the buck should stop at the management. I can understand/sympathize with their likely stupid/don't care employees problems but if management was to remedy the issues promptly without hesitation I could overlook the whole stupid employee issues. Anyone who has employees knows the headaches they cause. Smart companies fix issues without whining or just sending 5 tubes of glue for a roof with obvious issues........ That would have made my blood begin boiling.

oh i already hit the blood boiling point a while ago!

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #54 on: July 07, 2022, 08:32:30 PM »
Yes, that would have been "fuse reaches explosive" moment for me.. Sends glue, what a douche rocket!
 Is there any thing you LIKE about this rig yet? How is that 12v refrigerator holding up?

we like the floor plan, side patio, dual ac unit and #1 on the list is the 12 volt fridge. will never go back to lp/electric ! hands down far far better for my expectations. i am soooooo glad dune sport didn't build the fridge  rofl

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2022, 06:30:21 AM »

we like the floor plan, side patio, dual ac unit and #1 on the list is the 12 volt fridge. will never go back to lp/electric ! hands down far far better for my expectations. i am soooooo glad dune sport didn't build the fridge  rofl
:m    It's really not funny in the least but it is kinda fun ribbing you about it. I truly hope your issues can be put behind you .
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2022, 09:55:56 AM »
i know you 2 well enough to know that. 

i do need to clarify on the fridge........there is a time and a place for lp/electric absorption refigerators. only scenerio i can think of is boondocking with shit batteries and no solar. the term  "shit batteries" encompass's near dead from over discharge or at the end of its life, 40 usable amp hrs, or walmart never start specials cause hey, there batteries right  LMAO .     

i cannot forsee a reason i personally would go back to a lp/electric fridge. havent come across a lot of neg posts on the dometic model we opted for but there have been a fair number on furion and 2 other brands. i forget the names of the 2 other brands but i'm sure there all 3 the same chinese company.

interesting observation on the other 3 brands is that there are no diff power level settings. they have diff temp settings but no option for diff power level settings. our has 3 power level settings and 4 temp settings. the eco power level setting draws 3.5 amps when it cycles. performance ( max) draws up to 15 amps. have verified that one yet but have the 3.5 amps. so performance and temp setting 2 is a few degrees warmer then i would like but temp setting 3 in performance mode begins to freeze soda overnight to the point of deforming the cans. will give power level 2 a try in tep setting 3 to what thats like.

now exterior temps effect lp/electric rv fridges a lot. this 12v has no exposure to outside temps unless you leave the windows and doors  open. it operates very similar to a residential 120v fridge. iterior temps can effect it but no where near as much as ambient does lp/elect fridges. this one is food safe in 4 hrs rather then 24 to 48 hrs.

the attwood air command no ducted ac units have got to be the quietest roof ac units i have ever owned.   

i would like to look over the new 24 volt roof ac systems and they say they are lower profile and have the db's. not spending the money to find out on a personal level but would like to know.  the hot water heater works, it just doesnt shut off soon enough and the water begins to get so hot its on the verge of spitting out the over flow blow valve on its exterior. steam rolled off the bottome of the sink when i ran the hot water. on the upside, didnt really need soap to clean the greasy spatuala off  ;)   i called dometic and they use snap switches for a thermostat. now i wonder if the windy 40* weather was messing with the snap switch? it dipped down to 28* 2 nights in a row and theres no insulation in the floor. the water heater sits on the floor. never had issues with it on the first trip. plenty of issues with other items but not the water heater.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #57 on: July 16, 2022, 05:38:31 AM »
in an email and according to the owner Brad, he ordered our left swing door finally. we will see if they atleast correct that mistake.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: July 18, 2022, 06:46:19 AM »
Shit like that should have been addressed immediately.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2022, 01:20:36 PM »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal