Author Topic: DS a-arm kit information needed.  (Read 102882 times)

Online fabr

• Administrator
Re: DS a-arm kit information needed.
« Reply #405 on: September 01, 2022, 07:17:03 AM »
Looks as if it was built that way . Nice job!
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #406 on: September 01, 2022, 11:37:02 AM »
I like it.

I am surprised the 3 rib withstood the abuse of that 2.3 as long as it did ;) my megasand made 3 years as a 3 speed and I babied it. Converted to a 4 speed and only lasted 2.5 trips  :m

The new hd24 damn sure had better not even cough for what that cost. ;D

Btw, I had to pull the axles off my rail to get it back. When the megasand went it locked solid ! Luckily the custom installed winch that dunesport installed for $550 quit with the rail 3/4 of the way up the ramp. Then we pushed and blocked the wheel. I say this because I watched a friends ( glenn) rail roll out of his toyhauler after detaching the winch hook. It happens to the best of us.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 11:41:11 AM by dsrace »
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline Aprilfools

• Fabricator
« Reply #407 on: September 01, 2022, 02:59:47 PM »
Looks as if it was built that way . Nice job!

Thanks!  We like doing these conversions, it is a lot of fun and can be done so many different ways for the final look. And the plus is they ride and handle so much better as well !

Offline Aprilfools

• Fabricator
« Reply #408 on: September 01, 2022, 03:08:31 PM »
I like it.

I am surprised the 3 rib withstood the abuse of that 2.3 as long as it did ;) my megasand made 3 years as a 3 speed and I babied it. Converted to a 4 speed and only lasted 2.5 trips  :m

The new hd24 damn sure had better not even cough for what that cost. ;D

Btw, I had to pull the axles off my rail to get it back. When the megasand went it locked solid ! Luckily the custom installed winch that dunesport installed for $550 quit with the rail 3/4 of the way up the ramp. Then we pushed and blocked the wheel. I say this because I watched a friends ( glenn) rail roll out of his toyhauler after detaching the winch hook. It happens to the best of us.

Honestly i am surprised it held up that long as well, I have babied it "most of the time". To run this engine how it could be ran, I will definitely need to have something built in the future i am afraid. We trail ride a lot and only hit the dunes a few times a year. If it was full time duning, i bet it would be a hole other story on the life cycle of it.
My son has a 6 rib side shift out of a 85 transporter, its actually a 5 speed (only use 4 of the gears). He has a cable shift set up on that. Knock on wood that has held up well up to this point. He is running the same 2.3 as i am in that orange rail. Guessing the same for him, our trail riding VS full time duning is the difference maker.

Glad this one didn't lock up, that would have been fun getting back to and on the trailer. However that may have saved it rolling off the trailer when i unhooked the winch as well!!  Live and learn i guess.

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #409 on: September 02, 2022, 11:30:04 AM »
My torque converter Fortin took a couple near misses before it became second nature to always park on the level or across the slope . A few times having to roll back off the trailer to put a chock in place finally convinced to do it first. So far I haven't had to chase it anywhere.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2022, 11:36:10 AM by fabr »
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal