Author Topic: 600cc 2 seater Wood buggy build  (Read 31013 times)

Online fabr

• Administrator
Re: 600cc 2 seater Wood buggy build
« Reply #90 on: November 29, 2008, 06:43:32 AM »
You shoulda stuck those tabs where the sun doesn't shine.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #91 on: November 30, 2008, 04:17:47 PM »
Or used one of the "new toys" to persuade a discount. 4:
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

boltz2012

« Reply #92 on: December 05, 2008, 03:13:07 AM »
The tabs are deffinatly thicker than what i wanted...so from now on ill deal with Phelps only on those since he is kinda local. I know i got screwed on them...but..im trying to keep my cool about it and i can use them ...they will just be beefy. The gun in the pic is my AR15 with a 400yd scope on it. I dont mess with it much any more. As i have a new toy..the UZI. That thing rocks. Its a carbine and can fling a standard 9 mill chunck of hot lead 200 yards accurately. I am very impressed with it. Ill post pics of it sometime. Yeah i think that copperhead was kinda sick. I most deffinatley wasnt expecting to see him in the driveway this time of year. Although i did kill alot of snakes on my land this year. 5 rattlers and 3 copperheads. I have been super swamped trying to get everything set up for this company and juggle my job all at the same time. So i quit my job yesterday cuz the buggy needed some attention. I know what you are thinking that it is kinda drastic to quit a job over the buggy not getting done but i was gonna leave work today anyways cuz im hauling a load saturday. Ill only be running local with alot better hours and that will give me more family time and buggy time. :) Ill be on here more often as soon as i can get this thing strolling good on its own. Well...thats about all the new news i have for m\now..see ya in a day or two.

boltz2012

« Reply #93 on: December 05, 2008, 03:17:37 AM »
Oh and the company i used was local so no chance of anyone else ever using them but they are called "Mexia Industrial".

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #94 on: December 05, 2008, 06:28:38 AM »
Mexica Screwica?
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

boltz2012

« Reply #95 on: June 04, 2009, 10:35:14 PM »
OK..made some progress and didnt see then need in starting another build log when i already got one...so ill continue in this one. Here are some pics of it so far. I got the motor in tonight and am trying to figure out a way to mount up the pillow block bearings. If anyone has any ideas please share them with me. Here in a minute im gonna go out and mount the rad and finish mounting the tank. Oh...and i think i have plenty of chain on that sucker. Have to move the seats forwards 5 inch's to get the motor in to use alot of chain. I got 75 links on that sucka. That should deffinatly work huh? Tomarrow im mounting up pedal box's and gonna go get the metal for the floor and some more tubing that i need.

Offline Voodoochikin04

• Vip Eye candy Supplier!!
  • VIP
« Reply #96 on: June 05, 2009, 06:45:20 AM »
awesome!!!  from the pics, it looks like your axles wont be long enough??   also, is that tilt steering?
"it's only when you have lost everything, that your free to do anything"

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
« Reply #97 on: June 05, 2009, 08:50:45 AM »
To mount the Pill-o-blocks you could get square or flat tube and notch the ends with a hole saw on a drill press to fit around round tubes you run for the cross braces.

Just run round tubes across and for bracing around the bearings. Then make the square tube fit inbetween the round with holesaw notched ends.   

I see people all the time mount Pillowblocks so that they are flat (to the ground) and the load is pulling on them sideways. I have not seen any break the bearings outside case like this (but I am sure its happened) But myself I would try to mount them so that the the bottom of the bearing mount is facing directly towards the load (motor). This way the load is being compressed into metal with no side pull. The bearing itself would have to fail as the housing in this mounting style literally could not.

Plus done this way you could simply shim it to take up chain slack IF the tranny was also on moveable mounts. And easy shimming for alignment to the tranny that would not loosen easily.

Just how I think it should be done. Flat works for a lot of people though.

It does look good. 
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Admin

« Reply #98 on: June 05, 2009, 09:08:55 AM »
Very valid points Nuts, I can say i agree myself with that, most pillow blocks are cheap POS to start, no sense in pulling the load on the casting it self...

boltz2012

« Reply #99 on: June 05, 2009, 01:04:30 PM »
The axles are gonna have to be lengthened to fit. And no tilt steering. I am gonna have to get a quick connect for the steering wheel to make it easier to get in and out. I lost a little cabin room by moving the motor up so id run a longer chain.
 Also i am gonna do like you said Nutz and mount them so the bearing points to the back. It will also make for less mounting bracing i have to use and will keep it away from the axle. I want to run a longer chain to help with the heating issue. I got a ways to go before she will move on her own but i can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Now all i got to do is redo the front end and hook up the steering and then im down to mounting the little stuff. Like the shifter...lights...rad...and guages. im going to get the floor metal today so i can get that put in and then ill be able to mount up the pedal box's. Thanx for the input...

boltz2012

« Reply #100 on: June 07, 2009, 10:46:59 PM »
Just an update. Got the back loops done tonight and the rad mounts tacked in place. here is some pics...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal