Author Topic: DS a-arm kit information needed.  (Read 103004 times)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
Re: DS a-arm kit information needed.
« Reply #360 on: October 27, 2021, 03:16:47 PM »
btw , only half the order showed while i was at the dunes. received an e mail that the rest shipped today.

No problem at all, have not had a chance to get started on this yet here either. We are going to stripping one of the rails later this week. We have to get the engine pulled and into the frame that is getting the a-arm kit so lots to do yet.

More importantly, how was the dune trip?

the 20 psi range is the weird part.

the dune trip..... i laid the first tracks out the gate wens a.m.!  weather was perfect, learned my engines mechanical timing was retarded prob 8* and has been 3 years   :m i've often wondered why the exh manifold was glowing red sometimes  :m only seen that 3 time to be honest and always on night runs which i have made to many of with it.  everything was great up to locking up my megasand transaxle. had to pull the axles on the side of the dune to get a tow back.  not really upset about that as i knew that trans was on borrowed time. nothing better then cv grease out in the sand  :m i run with a fantastic group of duners that all came to help and block traffic. big thanks to all and you all know who you are!  what gets me is that a new 2d is $7k and only rated for 350/350 ! when one considers you can buy a built e40d for a f350 diesel for $4500 that is rated for 1200 ft lbs tq......the mendi just doesn't seem worth it  ;) ;D weighing my options on what to do as i will have to cut my suspension cradle off to install a mendi as it's 2" narrower which will change my engine mounts too.  i know a cvt won't take my engine at 30 psi boost and don't know that i want to turn it down either.    now, got home sat, unpacked the perishables. thunderstorm broke out early sun morning. wife went out to finish unloading the new custom toyhauler sun morning....... this is how my sun morning went and i cut that hole in the wall to find the water leak . https://rumble.com/embed/vlobjl/?pub=4
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline Aprilfools

• Fabricator
« Reply #361 on: October 31, 2021, 04:52:00 PM »
Well sounds like a good trip.....

Time to build a bad A$$ transmission! 

And i cannot believe the issues yet again with the new hauler. I cant even imagine your frustration with that. Sure hope they stand behind theses.  bs1

Offline Aprilfools

• Fabricator
« Reply #362 on: November 29, 2021, 07:25:11 AM »
So after the great results from the a-arm conversion we completed this summer, we decided what the heck, might as well do another!! This rail was my daughter’s car and was complete. After getting the first conversion done and learning the HUGE benefits from the beam to this kit, we wanted to do this car as well but making the decision to do it was not easy being it was done and powder coated. It was the only one out of the 3 we have that was done and finished painted. The other 2 have been work in progress and not tore down for paint yet. The kids made the decision they were going to swap frames/cars for a few various good reasons, so that meant this frame would need re-painted as he didn’t really want it to be pink!! So, once again thanks to DS, our second swap is under motion and we will have some great projects to work on over the winter months. I will post up pics as we progress.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #363 on: November 29, 2021, 09:51:44 AM »
Too cool!!!!!  A toofer deal. You get a great front suspension and rid of that PINK at the same time.  Obviously you are very happy with the first conversion.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #364 on: November 29, 2021, 03:49:02 PM »
well damn that was fast!  ;D

it would appear that you have done that before  :m

i understand your daughter liking pink, i also understand your son not wanting pink  :m great pics and flying right through the conversion process!

Offline Aprilfools

• Fabricator
« Reply #365 on: November 30, 2021, 08:48:27 AM »
Definitely happy with the first one, its crazy what updating these old beams cars to something more modern like this does to them.

The first conversion went pretty smooth for never doing one, the second seems to be going pretty well to and coming together pretty quickly. Definitely helps having one under our belts and using that info we learned on the first one. We enjoy doing these and like the time in the garage as well, and we know when we are done it will be a huge improvement, not only in looks but in functionality as well. Hopefully we can make some good progress on it again this coming weekend.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #366 on: November 30, 2021, 06:01:58 PM »
 8) 8) 8)
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Aprilfools

• Fabricator
« Reply #367 on: December 01, 2021, 06:56:20 PM »
We tinkered out in the garage a little more tonight. Played with our new addition to the garage and our fab tools. Still got some work getting it put in but gives the idea of the end goal.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #368 on: December 02, 2021, 01:33:01 PM »
nice work

Offline Aprilfools

• Fabricator
« Reply #369 on: December 03, 2021, 07:14:53 PM »
Some more updates. Got it tacked in place

« Last Edit: December 03, 2021, 07:17:58 PM by Aprilfools »

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #370 on: December 04, 2021, 05:35:48 AM »
the lines look very nice.

amazing the transformation in over all look they take once converted!

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #371 on: December 04, 2021, 06:24:14 AM »
That is so true!!
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Aprilfools

• Fabricator
« Reply #372 on: December 09, 2021, 01:28:37 PM »
They definitely don't look like the same cars once converted over and look so much better as well.
Some updates, getting close to just needing to do final bracing and it will be completed.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #373 on: December 10, 2021, 06:59:13 AM »
might be some fighting between siblings over this one  :m

looks good and always great to see the transformation. which trailing arms are you going to run on the rear? or does this one have 3x3's on it already?

Offline Aprilfools

• Fabricator
« Reply #374 on: December 22, 2021, 09:11:25 AM »
Definitely some brother - sister rivalry over this one. The one in the background has been torn down and being rebuilt over the winter as well so hopefully come spring they will be ready to go again!
We decided to try 5x5 on my car (another project over the winter) and this one as well when we re-assemble. It did have 3x3 prior to the conversion.
Front end is completed, time to start the EcoBoost swap on it  :s

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal