Author Topic: toyhauler  (Read 14727 times)

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Re: toyhauler
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2021, 05:04:32 PM »
It does seem as if nobody listens to their customers anymore. I just took a hit in the ass for over 5K on a custom door unit. Somehow it is my fault that I received a veneered door when we specifically went over the fact we /our customer wanted a SOLID not a veneer door. We have it recorded and in writing. Their attitude was FU,we delivered what we THOUGHT you wanted. Tough shit buddy. But they did kindly offer to let me buy another that would be as requested for an additional 2K.   beathorse.gif~c200
« Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 05:08:05 PM by fabr »
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2021, 12:13:54 PM »
100% accurate!   basically what happened to you is almost identical , in attitude, as too how brad the gm handled it. he started by telling me it was my fault as i approved the cad print so they were not going to do anything about it. once i said that i did not approve the cad print because i never received a cad print, he said he was present when casey called me and he heard the conversation with casey telling me a power awning would be best. i replied, yes he did say that, i told casey un-acceptable, i want a manual awning. so then i and casey began discussing options. he said the 19' manual awning wont fit the roof line. i can see that so i agreed.  casey said, either a 17' electric awning or 15' manual awning. i asked why we couldn't get a 17' manual awning and casey simply said they could install it. i didn't ask why as i was at work and fairly busy. i asked if the 15' would cover the deck and entry door. he said yes and would sen me a pic showing me this. he did send a pic of the front to rear location of a 17' and 15', drawn in black line with no dimesions. i said ok the 15' will work. he then informed e they had to move the awning up to the roof  line to clear the deck.... i said ok no problem.   i had no idea they didn't know how to order longer arms nor that they were not smart enough to consider it.   that is why brad says i signed off on a cad print and knew the rails would be that high. a black line stick like drawing with no dimensions and i should've known that the arm handles would be 6' off the ground. my reply to brad was ....... a. why were the two of you unable to simply tell me that the handles would be 6' off the ground and that is why they recommend an elect awning? i said brad, wouldn't that be the best way to be sure all parties are on the same page? especially when only one party had dimensioned cad prints????   he said that anyone and everyone would've been able to look at that pic and know those handles would be 6' off the ground.  not knowing the awning mounting height, the length of arms they installed, the exact ground to floor line height it's just not possible.   

so, fabr , yes, that is basically how i was treated as well. i expect this company to own there mistake and right there wrong. this company expects me to be a push over when they bully me and pay up and be happy like the majority must be.

they have me a bit of a disadvantage as i want the toyhauler.  it is my custom floor plan for my application and i have waited 7 months for it. i do not have it yet to inspect the rest but based on the pics its correct other than what i listed.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 04:50:42 PM by dsrace »
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2021, 12:31:34 PM »
here is the cad print they said i signed off of. according to brad, GM of dune sport, anyone and every one can clearly determine where the side arm handles will be simply by knowing the side wall is 8' tall.   i said the majority don't even know how to read an actual cad print let alone reverse dimension one. i also stated that a line drawing is nothing more than a crap picture and in no shape form or fashion a dimensioned cad print!

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2021, 05:47:08 PM »
I deal with it everyday. Welllllll,Thomas does now. If I had to deal with it I'd be in jail for some level of murder.

ABout 2 months ago we made a deal with a distributor for 3 pallets of flooring and an up to date display/sales aid. We were very specific as to our terms. Deliver all at the same time,period. We went over the all at the same time thing several times. I've learned many times distributors are wellllll , liars. i wasn't paying attention but they delivered 1 of the pallets and no display a couple weeks later and dumbass me wasn't paying attention so I OK'd the invoice and we paid it-on time. About a month later I asked where the other 2 pallets were and the display.  THomas called and was informed they had no idea when the rest of the order would be filled.I told him to have them pick it up and refund our money. They didn't like that but agreed.

About a week later the fawking sales rep comes in and starts bitching about how far he had to drive to basically tell us to F off. I unloaded on the SOB and he said fine they would pick it up and they would pull our account as well and good luck finding a new distributor since he was "putting the word out on us"to all the distributors in the area.  I unloaded on him some more and he luckily decided it was time to retreat with his pull our account victory. 

A month goes by and no refund. Once again we call them and are informed the check has to come from corporate. WTF,where's my check,it's been over a month. I mean I pay all our bills easily as they come in-on time.

Fast forward another 2 weeks and today I get an accounting for the returned goods with a RESTOCK FEE!!!!!!!!  $800+ on a sale of $4500    BS!!!!! GAWD DAMMIT!!!!!  This BS again. It's happened so many times over the years you just get to a point murder becomes a distinct possibility. :m

I  had Thomas look up the corporate top dog. The distributor branch refused to give out the info.  We did luckily find it though. Surprisingly the COO did call back and I must say to his credit it was within 10 minutes.Long story coming to an end . He agreed with us and immediately issued full credit and I believe he will follow thru with the full refund. BTW,he said our account would remain open as we are a valued,pay on time without fail customer.  The man apologized ,I believe sincerely. Can't ask for more than that.

I wish I was a fly on the wall when the SOB sales rep got the call from the COO today. :m :m

The point of all this is I would find out who this Brad guys boss is and give the man/woman a friendly call explaining your concerns and ask what they would consider a fair resolution would be. Can't hurt,might fix all the issues.  DOn't give up until you reach the top of the heap. Brad is only interested in his numbers reported to corporate/his boss being as good as possible and doesn't give a rat's ass about whether you are happy or not.It's a flip of the coin but I have found out that more often than not the higher ups are more inclined to settle for what you want which is ,IMO,more than reasonable. 
« Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 05:48:56 PM by fabr »
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2021, 09:53:51 AM »
well you nor i nor anyone else should have to deal with such incompetence, but we do. what you went through should not have happened and was resolved in the end, sort of  ;). should not have have happened in the first place and those employee's should be fired or re assigned as they clearly are not capable/qualified to think for themselves  ;)!

i did try and find the owners info. they are a privately owned company, under new ownership since 2012.  i couldn't even find the GM's contact info in a search.  i am capable of fixing there mistake but should not have to. once i get a few trips down and everything else is correct, i will make a polite owners video. comments will be turned off so they cannot chime in  ;D. i will send a direct link to all the email addy's i have currently. on there fb page, they normally post a walk around video of the more optioned out toyhaulers. they  have not posted one of mine, its optioned out far more than most.  i wonder why....  ;D  :m

bottom line is , they would've had a very happy customer that would've spread the word about there custom builds if they would've simply swapped the side awning support arms to the correct length. they didn't look the info up, i did and presented it to them. i have asked 3 times that they contact there dometic rep for the correct p/n#. there response is that they dont have a sku # for it so cannot look it up. i have asked twice for there dometic rep's contact info so i can call, they won't give it to me.  rofl

i told them that i could overlook the incorrect light switch placement, the change in stereo , blu ray player, solar controller and microwave placement, the bizarre speaker orientation, the incorrect tie down location and tire size change with out notice ( specifically called out 235-85x16 and got 235-80x16 still g range salun tires as requested). i told them the #1 issue with the awning, is that my wife has to be able to close it, standing on the ground, with out the use of a ladder, in the event i am out and the wind sets in.  i asked that they find a 5'2" person to video that  they are capable of closing it. they did do it but didn't take into account that one would have the awning higher if they were on the side patio. the side patio option was the final deciding factor on purchasing the custom unit.   when i mentioned that they didn't raise the awning for a person on the patio in the video they were done.  am i surprised there team didn't think of this themselves????  ;D

i did find a chart on dometic site ( horrible web site) there is a 3" longer main arms that should work. this would get the handles down 3" and may be the doable w/o cutting walls open. once i get it the toyhauler i can figure out what to do. i can see in the pic that there are 7 more open holes in the lower arm. they appear to be 1" on center spacing. i did ask and the GM ( brad) said no, they were 1/2". i know that is not possible as the holes are 3/8" themselves. i didn't bother to correct him as that would've been like pissing into the wind!  ;)

attached are a pic of dometics 5 diff length side arm sets for manual awnings lol and a pic of the very crude tie down location drawing. it clearly reads 160" over all length, not 176"! it did not indicate on center measurements and i'll own my mistake on that one. i was at work and that was the best i could do at that moment. i can add two more and still achieve my end goal. as i said to the GM..... sort of defeats the purpose of ordering custom built when i have to fix there mistakes. his response was that i'm still getting a floor plan that no one else offers and that he doesn't know why i am complaining. i replied that i am not complaining, i am asking they right there wrongs.  he is correct that there is no floor plan like this as i designed the floor plan. that is the only point he is correct about  :m

« Last Edit: August 28, 2021, 10:12:58 AM by dsrace »

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2021, 10:30:00 AM »
they still cannot understand why i didn't just go with a power awning. they stated they told me to as to avoid this issue. they did not explain why and couldn't imo. they didn't know there were longer arms ( how that's possible i do not know but they really didn't) i knew there were longer arms and never would've guessed they didn't. i called it a miscommunication but brad didn't agree per our first phone conversation. he did adopt the term during our 2nd conversation, once he personally visited the toyhauler and looked over the chart i emailed.  this should be a simple issue to resolve while still at the manufacturing plant, they simply refuse for some reason. i hope i am happy with the remainder of it, only time will tell. i laugh every time i watch the cell video  brad sent. i had asked the salesman i had delt with the entire time to make that video. he would not and just sent it up the chain.

when i say they changed the location of the microwave, stereo, blu ray player and solar controller, this can be seen in the cad print i signed off on.  those electronics were supposed to go in the first cabinet. i wanted to be able to close the cabinet door to cover them up. the microwave was supposed to go in the left wall, over head cabinet, above the flip up counter top. we rarely and i mean rarely use the lp cook top, so the microwave would've been better used over the counter top prep area which is the 36" flip up.  that's what i called out, what was agreed upon and proofed in the cad print.......they decided they liked it all better elsewhere  :m  :nw as it will work where it wound up over the cook top. radio and blu ray player wound up mounted above the fridge and solar controller with the light switch's on the interior wall by the door. i knew the wouldn't correct those mistakes, especially if they won't correct the awning arms!!   beathorse.gif~c200
« Last Edit: August 28, 2021, 11:26:40 AM by dsrace »

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2021, 12:01:19 PM »
was asked an electrical question on facebook on the hughes surge protector group page.   i was looking for an article for that person to read for themselves and found this page. i do follow some of this guys posts as he has some very useful info pertaining to rv's. did not know the info in the article!

https://www.rvtravel.com/rv-electricity-jam-surge-protectors-gfci-dont-mix/?fbclid=IwAR10gyvLclym3MfWMeimdMBXBvq-_hRdLRjjc8Q-ImlAsUAUg8vhZdMaka0

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2021, 01:21:14 PM »
this is the refrigerator that is supposed to be in my new toyhauler. i saw the pic of the renogy 200 amp hr battery so it should be there lol

https://www.rvtravel.com/rv-electricity-jam-dometic-power-usage-part-1/ 

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2021, 08:03:40 AM »
The reality is do you stick it up their ass or do you take delivery. I predict you take delivery,it eats at you that you did not get it as you wanted and another hauler is in your future. 

:nw
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2021, 08:09:59 AM »
I really don't mean to sound like I'm making light of this. If it were me,I'd take delivery and then bring suit against them in small claims court and get all I could there to offset fixing all the shit . In Kansas Small Claims court allows somewhere near $5K . What state is the hauler made?  Downside is that you would likely have to file the action in that state..   I have had to literally ,over the years, file 100's of small claims actions . I have only lost one time. To me it comes down to principle. I did what I promised and was not paid,I sue after making every effort to settle the issues reasonably.  This is the same thing in reverse. You paid ,I assume, a deposit for a custom hauler with the options signed off on. You did not receive what was signed off on and you can prove it with documentation. Simple small claims action.

IF you do go that route,have all your evidence/documentation in triplicate so the judge/yourself/defendant will all have the same info in front of them. Judges hate having to pass info back and forth,most will not and you will lose due to just that. In small claims there are ,depending on state law,no lawyers allowed. Calmly and factually without any accusations or bitching/whining present your case and then shut up. Let the defendant sink his own ship as they usually do. If what you have presented here is factual,and I have no reason to believe it is not,it should be an easy judgement in your favor.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 08:35:41 AM by fabr »
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2021, 11:46:53 AM »
i too believe i would win in small claims court. i believe here in nebr small claims has a $1500 or $2k limit. it just isn't worth the effort in this case. here in nebr (i am not up to date so possible the law has changed) even if you win in small claims ct, if they do not pay, you have to then sue them in civil ct to enforce collections and/or liens.
just not worth the effort in this case.        this floor plan is a 1 off, which is why i am continuing with the purchase.  i hope to have it here in a couple weeks. you are correct on " the principal of it" . i did tell them to shove it up there ass, thats why the agm ( brad ) called me.  brad refused to swap the awning arms out with standard long ones.  finally got pics of the awning with serial #'s.....they used the short arms as in the set you would use on a slide in truck camper. must be ood stock they wanted to get rid of like the awning. for what i spent on a " custom" toyhauler, i shouldn't have to over look and or live with any part of it. i will address 2 issues,#1 on the list is the awning. i am pretty sure i can make a $300 adjustment that will work, but won't know until i have it here.  i will have to add 2 more ties downs to the floor. too late to move the microwave and stereo etc.  they glue the interior panels to the studs so moving the outside light switch's is not going to happen. they would not give me 2 additional sheets of matching paneling and seam tape. yes i asked and they refused. i have an idea on the switch's depending on how they wired them. last on the to do list though. what i will do is put together a really nice youtube video labeled " dune sport owner's review".    ;D   
« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 12:00:08 PM by dsrace »

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2021, 07:51:30 PM »
You're too easy. Brads knows it. Keep trying to get Brads boss info. There's a reason he won't give it out.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2021, 08:05:23 AM »
i havent stopped looking for the owners name.  i did stop asking for it.

Offline DeepBusch69

« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2021, 03:44:46 PM »
I just hope you enjoy the trailer and use it for the next ten years!  Put the rest of the BS behind you :s  bs1  :nw

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2021, 10:44:18 AM »
I just hope you enjoy the trailer and use it for the next ten years!  Put the rest of the BS behind you :s  bs1  :nw

my goal was 15 years  :D :m  its possible especially since i store it under a 3 sided car port.   as long as the rest of it is built even half way dcent ( as compared to most toyhaulers) then i believe 10 to 15 years isnt out of the question. it is layed out exactly for our needs\wants.....floor plan but not the appliances now. the purpose in putting the stereo, solar carge controller, monitor panel and blue ray player in the cabinet was to close the door. out of sight, no lights flashing etc etc. not a huge deal. yes, i hope it works out as well. i will fix there f up with the awning

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal