Author Topic: Chenowth build/resto project  (Read 23420 times)

Offline komelika

• Never stop learning!
Re: Chenowth build/resto project
« Reply #90 on: April 01, 2016, 03:51:19 PM »
I'm about 90% done on my rear lights. I still need to clearance the holes for a perfect fit on the lights, weld it in, and paint it. I'm pretty happy with it. I was going to skin it, but I wasn't liking the look and chose to leave it naked. I plan doing a similar hoop off the upper rear bumper bar for two more LED's that can be converted to turn signals if I choose to go street legal.

I still need to strip and paint the rear bumper.

I wasn't digging this look, but I did cut and bend a piece. I didn't like it at all. It looked like a bonnet. I forgot to take a pic.
If you remain calm while everything around you is complete chaos... then you probably haven't fully understood the situation!

http://sandjunky710.blogspot.com/

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #91 on: April 01, 2016, 07:47:29 PM »
Gonna be done soon.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #92 on: April 02, 2016, 09:36:05 AM »
it is looking good......looks like a completely diff rail.  just a suggestion and your there so you have to mock it and up and look it over cause the rear pic and side angle doesn't give much to go on.  what do you think the roof would look like if you made it one piece and instead of bending it down around the light hoop to match your tail lights you started say.....4" behind the top bend in the roof and fanned out to the outer roll bar cage straight across from the lights? then make an interior skin attached to it that you could put a speaker in on both side behind and above each seat and an led dome light in the middle in front of your tail lights? you could put 2 dome lights actually....1 for the occupants and one that shines over the motor in case you need to inspect something at night.
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline komelika

• Never stop learning!
« Reply #93 on: April 02, 2016, 02:30:47 PM »
That sounds bad ass! I was thinking about possibly doing a one piece roof back to the lights, but I hadn't thought about lights and speakers. I was just going to run with an Altec Bluetooth speaker and stream Pandora (when signal is available anyway).

Damn you dsrace! It's bad ass suggestions like this that make me obsess instead of finishing the damn thing! 5:
If you remain calm while everything around you is complete chaos... then you probably haven't fully understood the situation!

Offline jersdunz

• Fabricator
« Reply #94 on: April 03, 2016, 12:19:44 AM »
Finally got a plasma cutter! Bwahaha! I'm dangerous now! I told my wife, "When I get a new tool in the mail I'm not opening a box with a tool, I'm opening a box full of possibilities!"

Need to fab some cord and cable hangers on my cart this weekend.

Can you take the Grounds from both the plasma Cutter and the Welder and Make a short Lead that bolts to the Cart and then have one ground cable from there to the work to Ditch one cable? Never seen it done .. just thinking out loud.

Offline komelika

• Never stop learning!
« Reply #95 on: April 03, 2016, 06:10:42 AM »
I don't mind the extra ground. Makes it easier if I have to take one or the other to work at a friend's place anyway.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #96 on: April 03, 2016, 08:48:11 PM »
That sounds bad ass! I was thinking about possibly doing a one piece roof back to the lights, but I hadn't thought about lights and speakers. I was just going to run with an Altec Bluetooth speaker and stream Pandora (when signal is available anyway).

Damn you dsrace! It's bad ass suggestions like this that make me obsess instead of finishing the damn thing! 5:

lol lol well just a suggestion and easily done at this stage in the building process lol  and an i pod or something like that can be plugged directly into an amp then out to speakers or even your phone as long as it has a head phone jack. then you could take your play list with you and let everyone else hear it lol lol dome lights are very nice and one over the engine just in case might come in handy! if not for anything else than add fuel in the dark for a night ride lol
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 08:50:08 PM by dsrace »
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #97 on: April 05, 2016, 05:48:22 AM »
Can you take the Grounds from both the plasma Cutter and the Welder and Make a short Lead that bolts to the Cart and then have one ground cable from there to the work to Ditch one cable? Never seen it done .. just thinking out loud.
you could but I believe it would not be to code nor completely electrically safe.Probably need to ask someone that knows for sure tho.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal