Author Topic: Boostinjdm's Pilot  (Read 12016 times)

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
Re: Boostinjdm's Pilot
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2009, 05:48:26 AM »
I got you, hadn't thought about the tooth size changing the sprocket diameter ???.  And depending on weight of buggy the two smaller chains/sprockets ( of good quality) should do the trick.
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline Boostinjdm

« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2009, 11:48:52 AM »
for my pilot, goal is 600lbs or less and 40hp to 80hp.  The last buggy I built was kind of sidewinder style somewhere around 35hp and 320lbs.  so I think my goal is reasonable.
This post has been edited due to content.

Offline Wyattboche

« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2009, 05:23:47 PM »
Boost,
I'm glad you  got a build log started
I live  about 50 miles from the stillwater crashed toys.com Just tossing that out there for a just in case you need it shipped
were abouts you live? you far from New Richmond, Wis?

Offline Boostinjdm

« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2009, 06:38:27 PM »
who? spec or me?

SPEC

« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2009, 10:52:30 AM »
I used to live in hudson...
Now I'm about an hour from you...

Offline Wyattboche

« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2009, 09:45:34 PM »
Spec you have a buggy? Where do you ride around these parts?

SPEC

« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2009, 05:19:11 PM »
Spec you have a buggy? Where do you ride around these parts?

Do I have a buggy...I have 2 for sale...
Well 1 for sale, and they just closed my favorite riding place 7 mins from my house...Some fookin stupid cxxt wants to reintroduce .....
Prairie dogs...We might run them over by accident...NOT...NO FOOKIN ACCIDENT ABOUT IT...I used to shoot the little fookers for the bounty...
10 year old with a 223...Box's of match grade GI issueed MATCH GRADE ammo...= lots of spray ;D
Looks like it'll be cross bow time...no sound and lots of Muskie bait ;)

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2009, 08:25:56 AM »
10 year old with a 223...Box's of match grade GI issueed MATCH GRADE ammo...= lots of spray ;D

How many box's per dog?

J/K  ;D ;D ;D

WTH is the world coming to?  Closing riding areas to protect prarie dogs huh.  If they think those dogs are endangered they need to come visit Kansas for re-education.

Offline Voodoochikin04

• Vip Eye candy Supplier!!
  • VIP
« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2009, 08:24:57 PM »
or western nebraska or colorado..  land owners pay to have people come kill em.
"it's only when you have lost everything, that your free to do anything"

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2009, 08:45:19 PM »
What cv's are you using.have you checked what is available in bearings that size and cost? The seals will be pricey also. Just mentioning it in case you hadn't thought about that part.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Boostinjdm

« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2009, 12:26:53 AM »
What cv's are you using.have you checked what is available in bearings that size and cost? The seals will be pricey also. Just mentioning it in case you hadn't thought about that part.

Type 2 or 4 as stated previously ;).  I already made a list with part#'s, prices, sources.  I have it around here somewhere, but I'm going to leave it hidden till I can actually build something.  Off the top of my head I think 2 bearings and 2 seals where like $150 or $250.
That doesn't scare me, the machining is where the money will be at.  I'm working on that though (slowly, very slowly). I could prolly scrounge up some material if I knew somebody that had a VMC they wanted to test out (cough, cough) ;D.

No, really though.  This project has been put on the back burner till I can get moved ::).  Right now I am still working on the house and trying to scrape together enough cash to buy another welder without the GF finding out. ;D Got a job lined up that a Maxstar would make a whole lot easier.

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2009, 03:54:42 PM »
Type 2 or 4 as stated previously ;).  I already made a list with part#'s, prices, sources.  I have it around here somewhere, but I'm going to leave it hidden till I can actually build something.  Off the top of my head I think 2 bearings and 2 seals where like $150 or $250.
That doesn't scare me, the machining is where the money will be at.  I'm working on that though (slowly, very slowly). I could prolly scrounge up some material if I knew somebody that had a VMC they wanted to test out (cough, cough) ;D.

No, really though.  This project has been put on the back burner till I can get moved ::).  Right now I am still working on the house and trying to scrape together enough cash to buy another welder without the GF finding out. ;D Got a job lined up that a Maxstar would make a whole lot easier.
Cough,cough,I MIGHT be able to help once i get a few things done.Be likely late fall tho.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal