Author Topic: 600cc 2 seater Wood buggy build  (Read 30999 times)

Admin

Re: 600cc 2 seater Wood buggy build
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2008, 04:17:14 PM »
to weak that way, make the front of the arm longer, just make one jig and flip it over for the other side of the car, add the shock mounts later.. ;D

SPEC

« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2008, 04:18:39 PM »
NO NO NO
iF ANYTHING YOU WANT THEM TO COME TOWARDS THE REAR OF THE BUGGY THAT'S WHAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT WHEN WE SAY RAKE... Sorry effen caps lock...There are a couple of ways to to do this, one is to set up the control arm mount tubes at a light rear downward angle andd the other is to twist the mounts on the tubes...I have my tabs CNC'ed so I twist the tabs on the tubes...If you need some pix I can find them in the morning for you...But daylight is burning...

boltz2012

« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2008, 04:36:57 PM »
Yeah, Pics would be great. Im confused now. I think i will just mount them like they were on the quad. Look at these and tell me what you think> The first one is where i square up the frame with the red pieces so the arms mount in the original position. The second is the other hurdle i wonder about.

Admin

« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2008, 04:46:50 PM »
Just make the arms line up with the frame rails, the top as the frame rail goes down to the front, you just need to add an upright for the upper a arm rear tab, so that is square with the lower arm...

Admin

« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2008, 04:47:30 PM »
Maybe i am missing something here, you are using quad a arms? and they are straight at the bushings right?

boltz2012

« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2008, 04:54:17 PM »
Yep. The arms are equal lengths on both sides. Will it hurt for the top arm to be tilted forwards a little. Cuz it i fallow the frame thats what will happen.

Admin

« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2008, 04:56:11 PM »
yes it will hurt it alot... it has to be square with the lower..

plkracer

« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2008, 04:58:38 PM »
Yeah, you don't want it tilted forward. You can have it tilted back, but not forward. If it is forward, it will cause the front to dive hard when braking.

boltz2012

« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2008, 05:13:12 PM »
10-4. And they either need to be staight across from each other or raking back some...but not raking forwards...right?

plkracer

« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2008, 05:18:06 PM »
yes. You probably don't want any anti dive either, so I'd make the two mounting axises parallel to each other

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2008, 05:28:47 PM »
Disregard all that's been said till now and start with a clean sheet of paper so to speak.LOL!

You have the quad the arms came off of right?

1.  Level the old frame as it would have set at ride height.
2.  Plot the X Y and Z positions from a central axis of the 8 mounting points on the quad frame.
3.  Replicate that on your frame while allowing for the difference in width of the quad frame compared to your frame.
4.  Questions? :)
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Admin

« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2008, 05:39:22 PM »
Disregard all that's been said till now and start with a clean sheet of paper so to speak.LOL!

You have the quad the arms came off of right?

1.  Level the old frame as it would have set at ride height.
2.  Plot the X Y and Z positions from a central axis of the 8 mounting points on the quad frame.
3.  Replicate that on your frame while allowing for the difference in width of the quad frame compared to your frame.
4.  Questions? :)

60k???? 8:

sorry had to...

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2008, 05:49:55 PM »
?????????
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

SPEC

« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2008, 04:02:08 AM »
Bolt,
What yamaha arms are you planning to use? I hope not Banshee or Warrior ''J arms''. They  work fine on the quads but they have some seriously funky geometry to use on a buggy... I got a boatload of them for real cheap a few years ago and ended up reselling them on ebay cuz they just never seemed to work the way buggies need them to, you might want to look into honda 250R spindles, and build your own arms...Heres some pix of the yamaha spindles
1st pic right side up
2nd upside down
3rd swapped side to side wit sterring arms lopped off and rewelded

SPEC

« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2008, 04:06:17 AM »
Heres what I ended uo doing...
I used 250R spindles modded to be front steer,and have some ackerman You can see in the pix that there is rake on the arms and how I do the control arm mounting bars...and get the rake I want...I hope this is what you were asking for..
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 04:08:31 AM by SPEC »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal