Author Topic: Six to Four But defiantly not a down grade for Fast.  (Read 20972 times)

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
Re: Six to Four But defiantly not a down grade for Fast.
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2010, 05:48:59 PM »
I know - that's why I said "Flat Six"  But the same math applies for them that are thinking of switching out of a six cyl v to a flat four.......
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2010, 06:29:35 PM »
I know - that's why I said "Flat Six"  But the same math applies for them that are thinking of switching out of a six cyl v to a flat four.......

Weight and balance.  That's where it is all at. 

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2010, 02:36:58 PM »
            Did get some work done this week end. Lost four days to a bad reaction to a new med the doctor prescribed. Back up to 80 percent today.  Got the intake back together and got my throttle linkage back in working order.  Won't need the small alum wedges when I get the motor up where it belongs.  Just had to get the angle of dangle right to make sure it would work. Just wondering how to get everything done before the fall get together.  Was going to make Labor day but now will joining you all instead.  Got the SSSS coming up and still have to get my trans sent off to  Bill at AZ trans.  Did find out that my reverse problem was in the shift rail coming lose.

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline Wyattboche

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2010, 03:47:20 PM »
What does something like that 4cyl cost with all the goodies?

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2010, 04:01:40 PM »

This one reportedly cost 25K to build.  I picked it up for 7K.  I think that it had a lot to do with the builders name.  They can be had from a salvage yard for six seven hundred and buy and good turbo and plug it in and still get a respectful engine. 

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2010, 06:25:36 PM »
        Got a good start on putting in the new subi.  Got the trans axle ready to ship off to Bill at AZ Transaxle.  Got a couple of issues with the reverser shift rail that Bill will have to mend up. Had to take it all back out to cut out the old trans mounts anyway so off to Bill it go's.  Looks kind of empty in there right now.  Got a few parts on order from Kartec. New front trans mount and some tubing clamps.  Still waiting on Crawford to let me know how the Motec is coming along that I sent out to him two weeks ago.  Hope to have it all back and in for the LS get together.  If not I know I'll find a ride ifen I go down and camp.   ;D ;D

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2010, 06:40:29 PM »

Plan on 4 or so for buy in - need ecu etc. 
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2010, 05:46:35 PM »
OK the big brown truck shows up at my door tonight.

Brought me in a real purrrr-dy BOV. Now my new subi can go Fittttt Fitttt when I get off throttle. even got billet clamps with it.  these things are machined aluminium.  Got me some real professional radiator mounts to.  Have to relocate the radiator so figured I would go with the professional mounts this time insted of the farmer jobs I had on it.  To help with install of the all the new stuff I got me some of them Kartec tube clamps.  And a new front trans mount. 

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2010, 06:49:09 PM »
You're so cool now I feel a chill.LOL!!!
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

chrishallett83

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2010, 03:02:28 AM »
Once you've fitted the blow-off valve, you're going to have to start wearing a flat-peak baseball cap sideways when you drive your rail.

To fit in with the crowd, you see...

rofl LMAO rofl

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2010, 06:11:04 AM »
Not in this part of the world. This ain't Glamis. ;D ;D Not YET any way.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2010, 06:14:16 AM »
        Got a good start on putting in the new subi.  Got the trans axle ready to ship off to Bill at AZ Transaxle.  Got a couple of issues with the reverser shift rail that Bill will have to mend up. Had to take it all back out to cut out the old trans mounts anyway so off to Bill it go's.  Looks kind of empty in there right now.  Got a few parts on order from Kartec. New front trans mount and some tubing clamps.  Still waiting on Crawford to let me know how the Motec is coming along that I sent out to him two weeks ago.  Hope to have it all back and in for the LS get together. If not I know I'll find a ride ifen I go down and camp.   ;D ;D
You KNOW you got some seat time coming from me assuming my POS holds together that is. 
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2010, 06:28:20 AM »
No flat bill-er here Chrishallett83  bs1 kick.  I'll take you up on the seat time Master.  I'm sure that thing of yours will hang for the week at LS. 

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2010, 06:32:03 AM »
        Will I'm off to the big city of Great Bend Kansas this morning.  Called Phillip Jackson of Jackson Motor Sports up there and he has a setup Mindy trans case that he is going to let me us to get my mounts welded in while my trans is at AZ Transaxel with Bill.  Still hope for the LS get together with mine.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2010, 06:45:10 AM »
Cool . Jackson is a real nice guy.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal