Author Topic: Winter mods: whatcha got?  (Read 14107 times)

Offline BrianN

Winter mods: whatcha got?
« on: January 04, 2022, 04:29:37 PM »
I decided to cut the back of my buggy off, rebuild it, lengthen wheelbase, and swap to a 6 speed.

Offline Grimm Reaper Racing

• Forum Sponsor
Re: Winter mods: whatcha got?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2022, 06:13:17 AM »
That's awesome Brian! I'm looking forward to seeing it as an even more improved version. 😎👍
See you all duneside.😎🤙

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2022, 11:43:46 AM »
your going to need a bigger shop soon lol nice work and i hope the 6 speed is as much stronger than the 5 as most say it is!!   maybe time to turn it up??  ;D  or are you back in baa??  :m
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline BrianN

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2022, 05:15:22 PM »
Oh, dsrace, you are an instigator! OK, let me find a new tuner and we will "turn it up". What's next, power steering?! Bigger heims?! (Inside joke)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2022, 05:18:23 AM »
Oh, dsrace, you are an instigator! OK, let me find a new tuner and we will "turn it up". What's next, power steering?! Bigger heims?! (Inside joke)

what.....you dont have power steering..... YET  ;D :m :m

Offline big dave

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2022, 11:44:50 AM »
COOL, Cant what to see how it holds up. your 5 speed held up pretty well. the wheelies will be a little more controllable to with the longer wheel base.

• Forum Sponsor
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2022, 11:16:17 PM »
I'm going to put power steering in mine this spring. I hate the steering wheel jerking through the chop.
See you all duneside.😎🤙

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2022, 04:54:06 PM »
I'm going to put power steering in mine this spring. I hate the steering wheel jerking through the chop.

you will enjoy that for sure!

Offline BrianN

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2022, 10:00:21 PM »
Finally got some tubing and made a few bends. Braced the A-arms and built a passenger seat base. Yaaay! Now my seats will match.

• Forum Sponsor
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2022, 01:12:48 AM »
Lookin good Brother!😎👍
See you all duneside.😎🤙

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2022, 06:01:27 AM »
def will extend the wheel base but looks good!

is the exhaust going to remain the same?

is there only one shift shaft out of the tail?

on another note..... my hv24 trans will not be done until late april or early may now. they called me thurs and informed me of that.

Offline BrianN

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2022, 08:11:03 AM »
Thanks Adam. Looking forward to the next group gathering. The headers will stay the same. I may end up changing/lengthening the dump pipe. The shift shaft is basically the same as the 5 speed. My cable shifter is supposed to still work, other than building new mounting brackets on the trans. Do you want me to call Sean at Weddle and convince him that it would be in his best interest to move your build to the top of the list?!!! Can you have your buggy modified and tabbed for the hv24 prior to getting it?

Offline DeepBusch69

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2022, 09:28:04 AM »
Good progress on the new tranny and frame build.  Keep plugging.
Sucks to hear your HV-24 is so far out.  Have you got a backup plan? 
I am tearing mine down to switch tranny's cause I was popping out of first gear for some reason.  And trying some new shock valving

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2022, 12:04:00 PM »
Thanks Adam. Looking forward to the next group gathering. The headers will stay the same. I may end up changing/lengthening the dump pipe. The shift shaft is basically the same as the 5 speed. My cable shifter is supposed to still work, other than building new mounting brackets on the trans. Do you want me to call Sean at Weddle and convince him that it would be in his best interest to move your build to the top of the list?!!! Can you have your buggy modified and tabbed for the hv24 prior to getting it?

i would like to say ....yes???  rofl   not sure if it would speed things up or would result in a refund  :m :nw  cause i'm pretty sure if i were to repaeat to sean that he said they had all the parts for the hv24's so those could be built right away......i'd get a refund w/o prior notice  :m  he said they had a huge surge in vw parts sales and there is 3 performance vw pieces still used in the 24 and those will take time as those parts have been transitioned back home to a new addition. i'm sure dealers trump my trans too. dont know that for sure but a feeling lets say.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2022, 12:09:04 PM »
Good progress on the new tranny and frame build.  Keep plugging.
Sucks to hear your HV-24 is so far out.  Have you got a backup plan? 
I am tearing mine down to switch tranny's cause I was popping out of first gear for some reason.  And trying some new shock valving

kind of sort of maybe possibly have a back up plan  :D so the last 2 weeks i thought i was just battling covid but turns out it was the wuhan limited edition influenza a/covid bundle plan. today is my first full day back at work in almost 2 weeks now. on some pills to kill bacterial/fungel infections as that is what covid causes/is.  cannot drink caffinated liquids while taking the pill.........no coffee and no mt dew is cruel and unusual torture! i said F it yesterday and had a soda for lunch. the headaches get annoying w/o caffine!! 

so as soon as i can i need to go get scotts rail and go through it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal