Author Topic: FALL group run 10/22-10/28 2023.  (Read 17741 times)

Offline fabr

• Administrator
FALL group run 10/22-10/28 2023.
« on: April 30, 2023, 04:17:34 PM »
The week before Halloween has been tossed out there for the fall run. Any other suggestions?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2023, 11:44:04 AM by fabr »
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline DeepBusch69

Re: FALL group run 2023.
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2023, 04:49:37 PM »
The week before Halloween has been tossed out there for the fall run. Any other suggestions?

Maybe their web site isn't working right, but I show the sites all booked.  I checked 10/10 thru 10/14, then 10/17 thru 10/21, finally 10/23 thru 10/28, booked solid?  WTF?

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2023, 05:28:28 PM »
You guys might have to bite the  bullet and stay at Dueces. If the new trail to the dunes is open the ride won't be so bad. And,and,and,,,,,,,,,they have full hook ups! 8)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2023, 05:30:47 PM by fabr »
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline BrianN

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2023, 06:55:50 AM »
I know all you guys trash talk the south campgrounds and think it is for the low life's, but Cowboy and Buttercup really aren't any different/better on the WEEKENDS. Just more activity south because it is bigger. I think whoever needs to decide on specific dates should just call the office there and they will be able to determine/setup enough open spots in Cowboy in your timeframe. I don't trust the website.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2023, 07:16:59 AM »
If you guys should decide to use any of the south camps it will make it basically extremely inconvenient for me to join in on any socializing with you guys. I'm not going to run the length of the dunes to visit each time and going on runs almost impossible to join in. In other words, I am not in favor of using the south end. My .02...
« Last Edit: May 01, 2023, 07:25:40 AM by fabr »
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2023, 08:12:49 AM »
Adam, myself, jon, carl and Allan are all more the. Happy to stay at dueces........as long as its not raining, windy and don't invite wan Valdez lol
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline DeepBusch69

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2023, 10:09:40 AM »
I know all you guys trash talk the south campgrounds and think it is for the low life's, but Cowboy and Buttercup really aren't any different/better on the WEEKENDS. Just more activity south because it is bigger. I think whoever needs to decide on specific dates should just call the office there and they will be able to determine/setup enough open spots in Cowboy in your timeframe. I don't trust the website.

I don't mind the south camp, stayed there for 30 years, but with my current rig, I just don't fit anymore.  I can do Deuces for a couple nights. 

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2023, 10:11:49 AM »
Just curious Mitch,what do you not like about Dueces?
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline DeepBusch69

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2023, 10:19:15 AM »
I do not get any sleep there. So two nights is about all I want

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2023, 11:25:00 AM »

Never thought it was for low lifes. Its party central or has been everything I've camped there. doesn't have the wind block the north side has. Cowboy is a nicer camp ground but has gained in popularity rapidly.
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2023, 11:26:21 AM »

Well then you need to play harder and drink more so you don't hear the train   :m

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2023, 12:04:12 PM »
Dueces is usually very quiet. I've never had an issue with noise other than the trains .With an AC running never paid them any attention.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline DeepBusch69

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2023, 12:35:18 PM »

[/quote]

Well then you need to play harder and drink more so you don't hear the train   :m
[/quote]

Oh, I've tried that, didn't work!   LMAO :m :nw

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2023, 07:03:12 AM »

[/quote]

Oh, I've tried that, didn't work!   LMAO :m :nw
[/quote]

rofl 
There are a lot of parties on the south side.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2023, 07:11:08 AM »
Dueces is usually very quiet. I've never had an issue with noise other than the trains .With an AC running never paid them any attention.

We have only stayed there the one time and aside from the train alarm clock at 5:30  am it was quiet and calm. The whooped out trail isn't fun but if thats how we get spots together with out reserving 1 year in advance then thats what we will have to do. I know carl and Yvette would be happy with renting that cabin again, so he could cross the USA on a flatbed rather then a camper. My children would also enjoy the cabin so I could haul both down on a flat bed GN. Called yesterday, new 30' low boy 102" wide GN are now $10k with a 10k lbs winch and tool box.  or I found 4 camper rentals with in a 30 min drive of waynoka for $80 per day.  $75 cleaning fee and $100 delivery and pick up fee if needed.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal