Author Topic: Miller Dynasty 200DX Error  (Read 4077 times)

tarmacblack

Miller Dynasty 200DX Error
« on: September 22, 2008, 07:39:56 PM »
 >:(
So I bought a Miller Dynasty from a guy on ebay, after I paid he took 3 weeks to ship the welder, so I opened a dispute....... which wouldn't allow me to leave feedback....

After recieving the welder I fired it up, ran a few welds on some mild and thought, hmm it works great.

Well 4-months later I try to weld aluminum with it and as soon as I switch it over I get an error.  The Error definition is AC circuit Hight/Low.

The guy I bought it from won't even answer a message... go figure.

Anyone here have any ideas on what could be the problem?  It's wired correctly and works great on DC.

I'm a little scared to take it to miller, it's out of warranty and if it's a big repair i'll be into this thing more than what I would have paid for a brand new one!  :o  :(

borris

Re: Miller Dynasty 200DX Error
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 08:07:37 PM »
Are there any circuit breakers/fuses to check on it? Did you get a manual with the machine? If not maybe you can get a service book online.

rowycoracing

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 08:45:51 PM »
You can go to millerwelds.com and download the owners manual if you don't have one.  The owners manual has a list of error codes.

Admin

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 08:53:17 PM »

tarmacblack

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 07:52:01 AM »
Thanks guys, doesn't look to be any circuit breakers, but there are a couple fuses, i'll run through them tonight when I get home, and check to see exactly what error it's setting.

I sure was excited to try some square wave welding on aluminum! (i've only ever tig welded with an Econo tig).

Hopefully this doesn't turn into a major expense!

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 07:18:23 PM »
Let us know how it turns out.Also let us in on how much difference you see between a square wave  and "old school"  TIG welders. Good luck on the welder.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal