Author Topic: electric turbo  (Read 3964 times)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Re: electric turbo
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 08:09:03 PM »
I love it . Good unit. Just right for you. 250 watts = 1/3 HP.  LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 08:36:02 PM »
 rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl i thought about 2 of them for more power  LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 09:47:53 PM »
I was thinking about 120 of them but the electrical overload would fry the wiring.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2014, 06:32:54 AM »
This idea popped up a while back.  Someone posted a link for elec turbo being used on some new cars.  And while that little hairdryer might only be sized for a r/c truck, the idea is there and feasible. 
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2014, 07:27:55 AM »
I would think aimed at the small engine market,if any.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2014, 08:50:00 AM »
the ad just says bike. i got a kick out of it. the ad does not include any info on cfm, rated flow or anything of the kind. it would have to atleast be capable of what the engine flow n/a or it would hurt the perfomance.  if it did support say 250 cfm where the gen 1 busa seems to be rated at 250 cfm? but with intake restrictions i read actually 212 cfm. if it could produce more than this i would think it would help bottem end and midrange performance and response. i don't think it would do what a turbo or super charger would or could just saying it could help and produce a little over n/a???????????????

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2014, 11:09:59 AM »
I saw it say 100-250 WATTS.  Yup,just rechecked. It doesn't say cfm. I went a watts to hp calculator and that is where I came up with the 250 watts=approx.1/3 HP.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 11:11:51 AM by fabr »
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2014, 01:06:32 PM »
I believe the "watts" are for the elec draw.  Dont think you can draw a line between elec draw and the "possible hp increase"??  Not sure?  It does look better than most I've seen like that.  Can it produce positive pressure on intake charge?  Thats the question.
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2014, 01:15:27 PM »
I believe the "watts" are for the elec draw.  Dont think you can draw a line between elec draw and the "possible hp increase"??  Not sure?  It does look better than most I've seen like that. Can it produce positive pressure on intake charge?  Thats the question.

+!    i would like to see what it can do, i also would like to see how one would address back pressure in the exhaust since the turbo isn't backing it up. still too high of an amp draw imo for a busa rail. during the day maybe no but come night the lights would kill the charging system with that one.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2014, 01:58:30 PM »

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2014, 02:33:31 PM »
bawaaahaaa   i love this one  LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO   thinking about getting one for my cavalier so when i pull up next to one of these kids in lincoln you know the purple penquins lol   i can hit the switch    rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Offline Punkur67

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2014, 08:19:31 AM »
It is so funny when people try to make their car look or sound in this case fast. I like to look stealth and make you feel bad while you watch my tail lights in the distance.
Its better to be a smartass than a dumbass!

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2014, 09:15:09 AM »
It is so funny when people try to make their car look or sound in this case fast. I like to look stealth and make you feel bad while you watch my tail lights in the distance.
100% agree. Stealth also helps keep you out of jail and big tickets.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2014, 10:26:57 PM »
stealth, hell i think it would just be funny to sneak up and install one on a buddies truck over night just to see him try to figure out wtf was wrong  rofl rofl

reading through that guys info, the electric turbo seems to really be only good for 5 to 8 psi and heat seems to be an issue with long term consistent boost. over all not a bad option for some builds!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal