Author Topic: Future powerplant option..  (Read 3534 times)

gamblr2355

Re: Future powerplant option..
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2014, 09:23:32 PM »
Please excuse the spelling in my posts, I have to get a new keyboard, this one doesn't spell worth a hoot. rofl

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2014, 06:54:52 AM »
I know I'm getting in the conversation a little late, but I thought I would throw out a fun fact from the old days. In the 70s and 80s I spent 5 years with Suzuki and owned a Yamaha dealership for 11 years. In 1979 I spent 10 days with Yamaha in Japan, back then Honda had their cars and motorcycles, Yamaha had the bikes but their big income was music equipment. Suzuki was was always ahead of their time with rotary engines, pressure controls. Anyway. Honda and Yamaha were always trying to outdo each other in a horse power race. They wanted to have the first 100 HP engines the 120 HP, and the time the US had restrictions on speed. Everything had to be geared at no more than 125 MPH coming into the US. That speed restriction was lifted in 79 or 80. I remember Kawasaki would wait for the other two offer up there speed demons each year and Kawasaki would come right behind them with a bike that was 5 or 10 more horse and 10 MPH faster. We were always ticked about it. While in Japan I had to ask why that kept happening. The answer pretty much said it all. Kawasaki Heavy industries, made their big money then in big ships, oil tankers and freighters. I even road a couple of Kawasaki elevators while I was in Japan. I was told that Kawasaki Motorcycles consist of 1/2 of 1 percent of gross sales and they did it for fun, Yamaha at least thought they might never be able to stay at the front of the pack. They said they would never stop trying. Just a little trivia from the old days.  8)
Funny how business "politics" seem to work.  It's all about money. I have no issue with that.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2014, 08:26:47 AM »
Moare info released;

https://autos.yahoo.com/news/25-000-kawasaki-h2-street-114950752.html

Love da factory BOOST gauge!!
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2014, 11:59:55 AM »
Moare info released;

https://autos.yahoo.com/news/25-000-kawasaki-h2-street-114950752.html

Love da factory BOOST gauge!!

that is the biggest muffler i have ever seen on a sport bike!! lol

8.5 to 1 compression........wonder what rpm boost comes in cause at that low a ratio the bottom end while still n/a like will suffer compared to an 11:1 ratio etc etc.   still a very nice bike and i bet a blast to ride, although i have to wonder when someone will put that up against a 12 r with a tubo stapped to it lol
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2014, 12:00:51 PM »
I know I'm getting in the conversation a little late, but I thought I would throw out a fun fact from the old days. In the 70s and 80s I spent 5 years with Suzuki and owned a Yamaha dealership for 11 years. In 1979 I spent 10 days with Yamaha in Japan, back then Honda had their cars and motorcycles, Yamaha had the bikes but their big income was music equipment. Suzuki was was always ahead of their time with rotary engines, pressure controls. Anyway. Honda and Yamaha were always trying to outdo each other in a horse power race. They wanted to have the first 100 HP engines the 120 HP, and the time the US had restrictions on speed. Everything had to be geared at no more than 125 MPH coming into the US. That speed restriction was lifted in 79 or 80. I remember Kawasaki would wait for the other two offer up there speed demons each year and Kawasaki would come right behind them with a bike that was 5 or 10 more horse and 10 MPH faster. We were always ticked about it. While in Japan I had to ask why that kept happening. The answer pretty much said it all. Kawasaki Heavy industries, made their big money then in big ships, oil tankers and freighters. I even road a couple of Kawasaki elevators while I was in Japan. I was told that Kawasaki Motorcycles consist of 1/2 of 1 percent of gross sales and they did it for fun, Yamaha at least thought they might never be able to stay at the front of the pack. They said they would never stop trying. Just a little trivia from the old days.  8)

that very reason is why i respect them  rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2014, 07:22:51 PM »
Like the perfect job; doing it because you like and love it. Bonus you get paid! 

Read in there it made something like 35lbs boost at redline. And boost
Started around 2k.

A new r1 from Yamaha released yest, lots of cool elec goodies, wheelie control (oh yeah), it should be in 210-220 hp level from factory on a street bike.

Also read about some new elec turbos coming to production cars. No lag, instant low rpm boost, easy to plumb.  Very interesting stuff.
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal