Author Topic: 2014 L/S trips  (Read 29784 times)

Offline sandracer1

Re: 2014 L/S trips
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2014, 07:49:03 PM »
Another issue is I do not own an RV so the wide open country of dunes puts me in a tent or I have to rent an RV. That aint cheap from here to Idaho. I just have to budget for it. Unless there are rental options at the dunes there. What are the options for lodging at StA?

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2014, 09:30:16 PM »
It's about 13 miles to the nearest town. Not a bad drive at all. Good road. Had to do it about 10 times for parts last trip. LOL!!!! You could leave your toys in camp with us.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2014, 06:10:32 AM »
Fabr, at St A did you stay at campground by that big lake?  It appears to have hookup, potties, and showers.  Or at least a big bathtub(lake).  For me St A is 30 miles closer than Glamis. 
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline sandvw

• Fabricator
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2014, 06:35:08 AM »
The last time we went to Idaho we stayed at the motel as it was $60 something a night and Don and I split the cost and had breakfast in the morning, hot shower and good bed. It was also hot and we had air at night too. Unloaded at the lake area and that puts you at the start of the big dunes.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2014, 07:06:54 AM »
No ,Carl,that's where sandvw  is talking about. I stay @ Idaho Dunes RV Park. A mile or 2 away. The one you are talking about is a no reservation place. I gotta have a spot,for sure,to stay at.Honestly,Carl,I think our group would really like St.A..
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2014, 08:34:49 AM »
No ,Carl,that's where sandvw  is talking about. I stay @ Idaho Dunes RV Park. A mile or 2 away. The one you are talking about is a no reservation place. I gotta have a spot,for sure,to stay at.Honestly,Carl,I think our group would really like St.A..

I KNOW OUR GROUP WOULD LOVE ST A  rofl rofl rofl rofl
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2014, 08:36:08 AM »
The group I run with has talked about a trip there. It will not be this year but 2015 would be an option. Glamis is too far for me for sure. I have also thought about pink coral. You guys ever been there?
I like L/S because I can make a couple runs around it and feel pretty safe that I won't find any surprises. But I sure would like to see some real sand dunes in the future.
What time of year do you guys generally go to St A?

also kill pecker dunes are on the way there or on the way back!! hit two on 1 trip with out going way out of your way
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2014, 10:05:01 AM »
Fast has been to coral pink ,says it is the most colorful of all ,I think. Also says it's a 1 day dune . Same with killpecker. I've always thought killpecker,would be fun but definitely not solo. The 20 miles or so of shit road is a negative as well. Still would like to try it.   Coral pink is also on my radar  and the "other " Little Sahara,Utah is too someday.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Carlriddle

« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2014, 11:17:49 AM »
I hear you on the spot thing.  I need more than maybe before that kinda drive. 
If its got sand, campfire lies, ice cream and beer count me in on the fun.  I've just got to get trailer done or go back to a toyhauler.  Still weighing it out.

Offline Carlriddle

« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2014, 11:29:31 AM »
Idaho Dunes, aka Desert Oasis??  Do they have any hookups or accomodations?

Found their site, answered on ?? ??
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 11:38:40 AM by Carlriddle »

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2014, 12:29:31 PM »
No carl.
http://www.idahodunesrv.com/
In the mid section of the dunes between small dunes and the huge dunes. Easy access to both.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline sandracer1

« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2014, 01:16:13 PM »
No carl.
http://www.idahodunesrv.com/
In the mid section of the dunes between small dunes and the huge dunes. Easy access to both.

Ok I am sold. I will work on some in my group to make a trip in 2015 to St A. My brother and me may try and rent an RV he has an inside track through friends on cheap rentals. If not I will take you up on leaving them at your camp since my trailer is open. No keys of coarse. ;D 8) unless you want to work out a time share on your rail.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2014, 02:20:23 PM »
Ok I am sold. I will work on some in my group to make a trip in 2015 to St A. My brother and me may try and rent an RV he has an inside track through friends on cheap rentals. If not I will take you up on leaving them at your camp since my trailer is open. No keys of coarse. ;D 8) unless you want to work out a time share on your rail.
Glad to hear it! You guys won't be disappointed,I guarantee it.Well.................. LMAO LMAO LMAO rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO ;D ;D Think again ,grasshopper.  ;)
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2014, 03:02:38 PM »
well i'm sure killpecker isn't that nice but nor was syracuse sand dunes as informed before hand but worth the trip once to me. i plan on stopping at killpecker if possible on the way back and figure on next trip out i will see utah and st a on that trip then i want a trip to oregon dunes!!   ;) ;) ;D ;D

sand racer if you want to leave your toys at camp that's fine.....bring a cable and lock and you can other wise i will be testing it for you lol lol   hell motel fee's sound to be as much as camping site fees?

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2014, 05:18:53 PM »
I think I'd like killpecker as it is supposed to be more rolling dunes that can be run pretty fast. Big ,tall dunes are not there from what I have been told but that's perfectly fine with me. I like running whoops and rollers much more. I believe it's pretty low on visitors so there's little chance of a head on accident.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal