Author Topic: Edge Evolution CS Programmer  (Read 8398 times)

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Re: Edge Evolution CS Programmer
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2013, 07:39:10 PM »
You guys have too much time on your hands. That's  8) tho.   I just get in,turn the key,wait for idiot(me) dash display to tell me to change oil and fuel filters. That's the extent of the mods I need. Lazy guys way.

I admit,however,that if I didn't now have the '11 DM I'd be just like all of you and be looking for another 100 lb.ft. also.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2013, 07:12:23 AM »
Well Monday I get FEI Live, 4 inch down pipe, and egr deleted. Should see a 80 to 100 hp jump in heavy tow tune. I will have five tunes and its change on the fly. My truck is the early 06 with the LLY but the same as the LBZ just a different tune. So it will be tuned as an LBZ now. So new stock is 325 at wheels. Heavy tow is +60. Light tow +80, Sport +100, and get stupid is 130 over stock. Pretty sure the new stock mode is all I really needed. I had to get a tune to get the egr out. Only $200 more for all 5 tunes vs doing just one to get the egr deleted. So no brain-er, get the big stuff to. Going to see how this trip goes. If my egts are high I will get the water meth. I would just run distilled water. I read on www.duramaxforum.com (http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/propane-nitrous-meth/53494-interested-meth-look-here.html) one of the members ran oil test after each oil change and did just tap water, 50/50 water meth, and distilled water. Only distilled water did not change the minerall levels in the oil. All the others did.

I run an oil test each oil change. Soot level dropped .4% after I rerouted my PVC to the atmosphere.

Cool Dune

Keep us posted on how the EfI Live is doing.  My truck is pulling so good right now that I hate to mess with the Edge that's on it.  Still mite have to if something ever takes a poo with the Edge w/a.

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

LiveWire

« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2013, 09:52:59 AM »
If you route the PCV to a tube welded into the exhaust after the muffler, it will pull a vacuum. I forgot that I wanted to do that one to prevent oil residue from inside the inter cooler.

I don't hit 30 PSI of boost just towing, but do during acceleration. Without the trailer, I will hit 30 PSI by the end of an on ramp.

Offline Dunebound69

• Time flies when drinking rum!
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2013, 06:53:33 PM »
Can never have to much power!
You can just have to weak of componets!
You guys have too much time on your hands. That's  8) tho.   I just get in,turn the key,wait for idiot(me) dash display to tell me to change oil and fuel filters. That's the extent of the mods I need. Lazy guys way.

I admit,however,that if I didn't now have the '11 DM I'd be just like all of you and be looking for another 100 lb.ft. also.
Time flies when having rum!
Famous last words, Watch this
Government can not give you anything it dose not take from someone else first. When we stop laughing we start dying.
"When you stop doing things for fun you might as well be dead" Hemingway

Offline Dunebound69

« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2013, 07:01:10 PM »
If you route the PCV to a tube welded into the exhaust after the muffler, it will pull a vacuum. I forgot that I wanted to do that one to prevent oil residue from inside the inter cooler.

I don't hit 30 PSI of boost just towing, but do during acceleration. Without the trailer, I will hit 30 PSI by the end of an on ramp.
When I did mine I had to take off the tube to the cooler on the hot side. It had an oil film in there. Don't want to think what is in the intercooler. Thought long and hard about taking the intercooler out to bee if it could be hot tanked like a radiator. But then I would be tempted to get bigger boost tubes since it would be out. You know the "Well while I was at it I ......."
Government can not give you anything it dose not take from someone else first. When we stop laughing we start dying.

LiveWire

« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2013, 08:52:50 AM »
When I did mine I had to take off the tube to the cooler on the hot side. It had an oil film in there. Don't want to think what is in the intercooler. Thought long and hard about taking the intercooler out to bee if it could be hot tanked like a radiator. But then I would be tempted to get bigger boost tubes since it would be out. You know the "Well while I was at it I ......."

You can drill and tap a hole in the bottom of the inter cooler. The oil draining will flush the chips. Then put in a plug. It gets you most of the way there with little effort. You can rationalize past the obsession to do it the optimal way by saying to yourself it is a stop gap measure that makes things better quickly. Pretend you don't know one of my sayings: "Too good of a temporary solution becomes the permanent solution".

I know the while I am at it thing well. I often have to catch myself before passing the point of no return. I thought a moment about not taking another tangent, but since it is buggy related and we're on a buggy board... I have been working on bringing back what was previously the Drakart Formula Cross. I do work then throw it away because I decide to do it different and I don't want to go into production then change later. I located a good source of smaller engines that would be similar in power to the lower level Drakart Sport. If I build those first, I can mentally get past everything being optimal for the flagship car. If travel is limited a couple inches by some less expensive axle, it's not the flagship car...

Offline Dunebound69

« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2013, 04:26:54 PM »
Well I got the EFI Live tunes in. First tune is 40 more than I had but it is the stock tune for the LBZ Duramax. The next 4 tunes are stock plus, 60 tow tune with exhaust breaking, 80 sport/eco, 100 break s#$T, 130 break S#$T faster 450 hp at the wheels. Have not run in the 2 big tunes. Got on it in the sport tune and I spotted. The boost shots up like a frigin rocket!

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2013, 05:19:52 AM »
Although this thread has some of the best turbo diesel tweeks on the net, BUMP since this is a for sale ad!

Edge CS gas programmer.  Fit most all gas motors from Ford, Chevy, some Dodge and a few other MFG's. 
Check fit here; http://www.edgeproducts.com/product.php?pk=122&pvk=345

Site also list hp/torque specs for diff motors.  Tunes trans shift points and full gauges.  Got rid of my truck, so I wont need.  Has winshield mount, cable cd, and original paperwork.

$300 shipped in USA
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2013, 06:03:10 AM »
TTT
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal