Author Topic: Dolly Man  (Read 905 times)

LiveWire

Dolly Man
« on: November 05, 2010, 03:52:00 PM »
I was talking to someone about internet sagas that we did not know the conclusion of. It reminded my of dolly man which I had to Google to find out what happened. If you have never heard of Dolly Man, you should be able to find an archive of the original thread and it is a good read. A shortER version of it is a guy's car was legally parked where he normally parked everyday for the previous 3 months, but he forgot to put up his parking pass. Instead of a warning as was policy, his car was double booted. Booting is basically blackmail that people cave to. This guy did not need his car and after verifying what was and was not legal put his car on 4 dollies and wheeled it into his garage. They could not tow his car because they could not enter his property without his permission. They came with Police in an attempt to get him arrested, but since he would give them permission to retrieve their property, the boots, he did nothing illegal. They had a gag order issued against him and without new news, the story died down. The original has great pictures in it. I would find and read that before the resolution.

Here is the resolution: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4643489

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal