Author Topic: Another dirty adventure. - This is desert TRAIL and sand right?  (Read 5060 times)

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
Re: Another dirty adventure. - This is desert TRAIL and sand right?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 08:10:43 PM »
Business is good?  ;D

Dirt bikes are fun, but don't even bother taking them to the dunes unless your hard core.  And crashing is a matter of when not if.....

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 08:18:59 PM »
Business is good?  ;D

Dirt bikes are fun, but don't even bother taking them to the dunes unless your hard core.  And crashing is a matter of when not if.....

We have invoiced more as of July 29th than we did all of 2009.  Yes, good and still at a 30% growth rate.  I am fortunate.

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 07:43:57 AM »
We have invoiced more as of July 29th than we did all of 2009.  Yes, good and still at a 30% growth rate.  I am fortunate.

Yummi
Tell your company to send my wife's company some work.  She works for G A B Robbins North and adjusting firm and they have really been slow for the last couple of years.  She has 33 years with them and don't know from one day to next if they are going keep the doors open.  She keeps saying she wants to retire in three years but I keep telling her that we really need that new 550 Dodge one ton.

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 08:11:37 AM »
I will gladly send GAB Robbins some work - Just  as soon as they send me a complete customer list so i can make some calls.....

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 09:10:10 AM »
I will gladly send GAB Robbins some work - Just  as soon as they send me a complete customer list so i can make some calls.....

Already have a few guy's in the Kansas area doing that.  With out Permission from GAB.  Both got fired last month.

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2010, 10:52:59 PM »

That is good news!  You must be doing it right!

Any more thoughts on a bike?

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2010, 10:57:11 PM »
Still looking.  We have the CRF for the girl unit - now need one for my fat ass - 500+ or go on a diet?  Naw, make it a 600. 

Likely going to be a 450 for me.   

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2010, 11:11:53 PM »
I personally ride a KX500..... More power than can possibly be used.  A 450 thumper fits that same category, you can ride it lazy with nice results, or get as agressive as you desire.  Or until you get tired whichever comes first.  ;D

chrishallett83

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2010, 11:39:33 PM »

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2010, 05:46:11 AM »
Your missus must be about the same size as my girl. The CRF230 is the same bike we figured on for her. Now me, I'm looking at the CRF450X. Just need the $20,000 to buy 'em both and the requisite safety gear, and we'll be off and running...

The CRFx is in the running, and if I can find one, it is the bike of choice.  Best I can do on them seems to be around 3k used for a 2005. 

Found one for 2500 but it is beat a bit.  That's why the WR is likely going to be the winner.  That or a DRZ 400.  There is one bike that has caught my eye big time - A husky - 510.  Fear the parts.  Want the bike but really fear the parts.....

http://prescott.craigslist.org/mcy/1866807527.html

SPEC

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2010, 06:05:22 AM »
Your fear is a good one back in the early 90's I RODE A 528 HUSKY...For half a season thumb down
SPOOKY FAST lemme rephrase that...STOOPID FAST...walked my YZ 490 like it was standing still.....Pulled like a freight train off of idle...Come into a hair pin that should be the middle of 1st gear, in 3rd roll on the hammer and your off ;D
That fooker made every straight away really...really short...Brakes were great but You were always traveling about twice as fast as you thought :o

Problem was ignition...That bike NEVER finished a race...and 600 bux a pop, with shipping from Italy...The lighting was pisspoor at best...A kid on the handlebars holding a candle would have given better lighting rofl Rode great was awefully tall...I needed 2 Milk crates to get on the fooker...Never did get used to that fooken left hand kickstart :-[
But that was 20 years ago :P

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2010, 05:47:47 PM »
Well, finally landed on a bike for hte old fat guy.  2003 WR450.  I had been leaning towards a 400 DRZ, but am I glad I manged to find a 450.  Thing pulls very hard in comparison to the 400s that I rode.  Seemed like a good deal. 

Scotts steering stabilizer, BRP triple clamp, FMF gold valves in suspension, white bros r4 exhaust, Devol radiator guards and skid plates, hand guards. Came with Fox v3 pilot helmet and Oakley goggles, extra plastics and seat cover.

Now we just need to go riding.......

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2010, 06:00:42 PM »
There's only 1/2 enough tires on it. ;D ;D ;D
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal