Author Topic: Mini Truggy Finally a start  (Read 35375 times)

Islander

Re: Mini Truggy Finally a start
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2009, 09:14:14 AM »
My experience is with manual valve bodies!  Screw them both!

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2009, 10:02:50 AM »
I did some checking and there is indeed a full vacumn/governor controlled th400 as I am familiar with .Later models added electronic controls.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

lockedup

« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2009, 09:33:27 PM »
Ok, I have got alot of work done in the past couple of weeks. I got the motor and tranny all mounted and in place, front bulkhead for the a arms is built, some of the main interior bars are in, and the biggest thing is i got the rear 4 link all figured out and ready to rock, theres still more bracing for the rear 4 link mounts to come and i got the floor all done but my camera died so..... it will have to wait till next update  ;D . So heres some pics of the updates

I want to give a big thanks to Ruff Stuff Specialties for some awesome deals on heims  ;D

Offline Reidy02

• VIP
  • What goes around comes around!
« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2009, 03:51:40 AM »
Holy snappen Duck shit Margret that's a cool looken buggy so far!! Well done.. ;)
VTR 1000 CUDA on the way.. What goes around comes around!!

artie on edge

« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2009, 03:56:58 AM »
You sure this is a mini truggy? Looks kind full sized to me.... but what the fark would a lil aussie know.... we just gods chosen ones....  ;)

artie on edge

« Reply #65 on: June 28, 2009, 03:57:34 AM »
Reidy.... get stuffed mate.....  :-*

artie on edge

« Reply #66 on: June 28, 2009, 04:01:07 AM »
I like the inbuilt safety features.. like collapsible seat mounts. Thats always a positive. Tried and tried but can tfind a way to incorporate that into my buggy build.....

artie on edge

« Reply #67 on: June 28, 2009, 04:01:41 AM »
Reidy.... get stuffed mate.....  :-*

SPEC

« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2009, 05:16:25 AM »
I like this build, Lockedup ;D
I am alittle concerned with the torque stresses that the V-8 will be putting on the chassis...But it looks like they're being addressed 8)

Islander

« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2009, 03:20:57 PM »
My only concern is the Exhaust on the rear two cylinders will be really close to your legs, and the heat will be crazy.  Are you going to used wrapped headers?  What are you doing for a firewall between you and the motor/trans?  Not picking, just wondering. 

lockedup

« Reply #70 on: June 28, 2009, 08:28:05 PM »
My only concern is the Exhaust on the rear two cylinders will be really close to your legs, and the heat will be crazy.  Are you going to used wrapped headers?  What are you doing for a firewall between you and the motor/trans?  Not picking, just wondering.

Well the headers are going to be running forward and out through the front and down the side so they wont be going back. But i am going to wrap them. Theres going to be more bars tieing in the 2 interior bars you see to the floor along with a driveshaft hoop. But there will be a piece of 16 guage sheet metal lining the whole cockpit (I think thats how to spell it haha) area so it will all be seperate. Im going to be getting most of that done tommorow hopefully, but im waiting on seat tabs to mount the seats. I may just make some if i cant get ahold of some fairly cheap.

Islander

« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2009, 09:38:01 AM »
Just didn't want to see something like what happened to Don Garlits (I think that's how you spell his last name ::) ) he lost half his foot in a front engined dragster due to a tranny coming apart, for those who don't know drag racing history. 
Are you building your own headers, or turning around a set of shorties?

Those valve covers are sweet, BTW ;D

lockedup

« Reply #72 on: June 29, 2009, 11:07:51 AM »
Just didn't want to see something like what happened to Don Garlits (I think that's how you spell his last name ::) ) he lost half his foot in a front engined dragster due to a tranny coming apart, for those who don't know drag racing history. 
Are you building your own headers, or turning around a set of shorties?

Those valve covers are sweet, BTW ;D

Thanks i got them at a yard sale for $5 and they came with a sweet chrome oil pan haha. But i am building my own, i have a set of long tube headers that im going to cut apart and use the bends and stuff.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #73 on: June 29, 2009, 11:26:41 AM »
Shorties out the front would be a lot easier(maybe ???) and not much money.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

trojan

« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2009, 12:31:17 PM »
straight pipes out the "hood" - AWESOME!!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal