Author Topic: How to keep on the pressure! Sort of... Pnuematic issue here.  (Read 1074 times)

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
OK I am working on a system for my bender stand and I am using more than a few car airshocks on it for "muscles" (Not to bend tube thats hydraulic!). The shocks will bind around the rubber bladder and try to lock thier movement if it becomes deflated to zero PSI and you try to move it and the maker recommends you keep AT LEAST 5 PSI in them minimum at all times they will be moving.

Instead of just exhausting the air to the outside world after its done its work inside the airshocks (They lift the stand and tip the bender itself from horizontal to vertical) I am seeking easy ways and ideas to hold tiny amounts of pressure in the different systems.

SO far the best I dea I have come up with is below at the ebay link. Because ebay links fade away I also added a pic of one of the tire deflators. Its small but its all I could find quick like. 

They are easily adjustable and when the pressure is higher than they are set for they just bleed it off then snap shut. I already have a set of actual Staun deflators I used on my old Dune truck and love them. My Stauns never fialed in two summers of LOTZ of dune time to get within 1 psi of the tire pressure I set them for.

This brand is half the cost since it seems they stole Stauns design....

Anyways anyone know of a way besides this to hold 5 PSI in a system? Yet bleed off extra when needed?

A regular regulator will not work (I do not think?????) as its designed to drop one pressure to a preset. But not hold a few against the atmosphere unless one of you guys know better??   

At around forty bucks four the four of these it would be tough to beat that price too. But I do gotta run a 1/8th airline into a fitting that would thread into them. No biggie.

But still looking for better ideas! Thanx!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Tire-Deflators-Adjustable-Automatic-style-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem255a92f701QQitemZ160433370881QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal