Author Topic: NEXT!!!!  (Read 23456 times)

SPEC

Re: NEXT!!!!
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2010, 08:31:35 AM »
AND THE PLOT THICKENS 8)

Offline ace

• "project storage expert"
  • Grunt worker
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2010, 06:55:13 PM »
Will the oddy reverse box handle the extra power?

DaveM

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2010, 06:03:15 AM »
I beat the tar out of it with the 670 Rotax twin and it held up fine. There may be some different loading on it with the chain drive vs the CVT. Shock loads and decel drag will be a little different but I think it will be ok.
 Lots of these things running around with sled engines in them and it doesn't come up often about tranny's grenading.

Maybe I'll just take it easy this year to be sure I don't hurt it. rofl

Offline ace

• "project storage expert"
  • Grunt worker
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2010, 05:59:04 PM »
Well it sounds like they are quite strong, I have been kicking around the idea of repowering my oddy (when I can no longer find parts that is) with a raptor engine and a stub shaft with a sprocket/disc combination, raptor engines have reverse right? Wonder how well they fit in the frame?
Joe.

hemi43

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2011, 10:47:39 PM »
Well it sounds like they are quite strong, I have been kicking around the idea of repowering my oddy (when I can no longer find parts that is) with a raptor engine and a stub shaft with a sprocket/disc combination, raptor engines have reverse right? Wonder how well they fit in the frame?
Joe.

That's what I would do !! get rid of the old gearbox and use the Raptor's.
I'm running a 660 in my buggy, and it's worked flawlessly. I put almost 700 hard miles on it this summer.
It should be interesting at how DaveM's buggy performs with that 650. It had better work well or else I'll be the one towing him out of the trails !! ;D
Dan

« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 10:52:30 PM by hemi43 »

DaveM

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2011, 02:31:30 PM »
Update.

Still lots of finish and finnese work to do, but all major components have found a home.

Offline Reidy02

• VIP
  • What goes around comes around!
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2011, 04:14:51 PM »
Neat very neat! ;D Although I gotta wonder how the honda FNR box will handel the extra power. OK after posting I went back up the page and saw the chat about the tranny, guess I should have a look before posting eyes ;D
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 04:18:36 PM by Reidy02 »
VTR 1000 CUDA on the way.. What goes around comes around!!

DaveM

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2011, 03:27:06 PM »
 Got a look at the guts of an Odyssey transmission this week. Pretty nice pieces. The gears are fairly substantial. No visible wear on anything in this one. I think short of bearing failure, it'll take the abuse.

I kinda wish it wasn't 10:1 though.

250r05

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2011, 05:56:38 PM »
Hey Dave thanks for the info the other week.looking forward to a rip in the ganny. how are you running your clutch setup?? foot ? cable or hydraulic

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2011, 08:10:00 PM »
"Engineering Fluid" pic alert!!

Mmmmmmmmmm..  Budweiser.
Yummy

Car is looking awesome Dave!

Now I'm opening a beer.. THANKS!  ;D
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

DaveM

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2011, 05:29:15 AM »
I'll have a foot pedal ,cable operated clutch.
There has been some driveline changes due to a gear ratio miscalculation on my part. It now has the dreaded countershaft/dual chain set-up to speed up the tranny input. thumb down

That brown bottle is only used as a visual size reference, I don't know where it came from, or how the heck it ended up in my shop.

RC51 Rhino

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2011, 01:58:13 PM »
 Are you planning a support for the outside end of the input on the oddy rearend? I know the Honda FWD trannys require it, and the last golfcart I had had a rear like yours...it NEEDED it!

250r05

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2011, 05:11:25 PM »
Any updates ? If you dont mind me asking.what thats red cable from? Im looking for a stout cable to shift a fnr box that im installing my kart.

DaveM

« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2011, 07:56:34 PM »
I'm not exactly sure where that cable came from, but it is similar to a B&M shifter cable. Princess auto has some heavy push/pull cables in various lengths that work well. I'm using one on the shifter.

I had to re-engingeer the drive, and put in a intermediate shaft due to an oversight/screw-up on the original gear ratio calculations. Not real happy about this, but it is what it is.

Getting alot of the little stuff finished up in the back, wiring harness half done, still lots to finalize.
And the there's a little precision engineering going on in the front.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 07:58:40 PM by DaveM »

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2011, 06:09:20 AM »
Precision engineering?, involving a sawzall and beer.  I'm watching. rofl
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal