Author Topic: Six to Four But defiantly not a down grade for Fast.  (Read 20964 times)

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
Re: Six to Four But defiantly not a down grade for Fast.
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2010, 06:52:26 AM »
I looked at your ride and there is NO "farmer job" stuff on it.  Now we know why the wife cant retire, someone had to keep you supplied with buggy stuff. LMAO LMAO
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2010, 06:57:34 AM »
Shhhhhhhhhhhh don't say that to loud the wife mite here. LMAO LMAO.

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2010, 07:02:07 AM »
I have no need for this (no room in my toyhauler) but I mite have to bring it back form Jacksons for resale.  I think it mite be to good of a deal to pass up.  Check this little pit bike out.  This is one that he builds.  This is not the one i'll be looking at today. 

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2010, 07:42:36 AM »
MORE INFO!!!!!!!!
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2010, 06:43:19 PM »
Well got a little more done on the engine swap.  Got my motor mounts and trans mounts all in.   Just got to sand it all down a paint now.  Ready to start the radiator mounts next.  I built the motor mounts so I can pull the trans off with out worrying about the motor falling over or having to prop it up with something.  Mounts at four points like a airplane engine.  So now you can take the motor out and not worry about the trans and visey versey. 

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2010, 07:27:37 PM »
Good thinking!!!
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2010, 02:59:57 PM »
         Now what?  I got a radiator and a intercooler wanting the same space.  Seems I can't get my radiator down low enough to clear the intercooler shroud.  No room between the turbo and the frame.  What do you all think?   Looks like I have about ten inches in front of the intercooler.  Should I look at doing something else.  Like find a tin bender and having a new intercooler should built?  Will it work that way or how about a spacer between the intercooler and the shroud?  Do you think the fan's will induce enough air to the intercooler that it won't make much difference. Come on guy's give me some feed back.  Ya I know I ran out of aluminum filler rod so I had to use the good old boy method duck tape and super glue on the BOV.  Works for me.  For now anyway.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 05:16:30 PM by fastcorvairs »

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2010, 03:23:09 PM »
looks like you need to go vertical for a solution.
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2010, 03:27:58 PM »
looks like you need to go vertical for a solution.

??? This farmer must have more detail. 

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2010, 03:38:16 PM »
Raise the scoop up a bit to capture some air above the rad.  Where it sits now does not seem ideal.  Looks like nice square edges to work with. That was the thought....
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2010, 07:49:53 PM »
I agree with yummi. Just make a spacer to raise the scoop above the radiator. You don't want wARM RADIATOR AIR going to the intercooler. I'd also put a baffle below the scoop/above the radiator to keep as much warm radiATOR air as possible away from the intercooler/out of the scoop.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

chrishallett83

« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2010, 08:18:28 PM »
You're trying to keep the intake volume as low as possible right? To minimise boost response? It'd cost a lot more, but personally I'd go water-to-air in this situation. Well, to be honest, I'd go water-to-air in every situation, but that's just me...

And please don't do anything to that exhaust! Leave it how it is now!

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2010, 06:53:26 PM »
Master

I had a brain fart today and thought of you.   You could do this.  Build me a give up mold and build a new shroud out of fiberglass.  Whatca think.   Glue some foam togather and widdle it down and do your magic on it.   10: 10:

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2010, 07:23:05 PM »
Tell ya what fast. I'll be glad to but it'll have to be after LS trip-probably. Gonna give a try at starting my buggy tomorrow and then I have to machine out the plenum to complete the car. You know how slow I am at that.LOL!!! If I have no issues getting it running I might be able to squeeze your scoop in for you before LS.  If I do it I'll cast a 2 part urethane foam block to start from. Much easier/quicker that way.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2010, 09:34:34 PM »
Tell ya what fast. I'll be glad to but it'll have to be after LS trip-probably. Gonna give a try at starting my buggy tomorrow and then I have to machine out the plenum to complete the car. You know how slow I am at that.LOL!!! If I have no issues getting it running I might be able to squeeze your scoop in for you before LS.  If I do it I'll cast a 2 part urethane foam block to start from. Much easier/quicker that way.

Ya no big hurry here.   Just thought about you and what you did with your dash and side panels.   Said self check with master.  Master could give it a try and make it look bitching.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal