Author Topic: Six to Four But defiantly not a down grade for Fast.  (Read 20965 times)

trans man

Re: Six to Four But defiantly not a down grade for Fast.
« Reply #135 on: April 20, 2011, 06:13:25 PM »
I for one like the 33 blasters! good choice fast. of course I had the sand viper 1300's before, heavy, weak but cheap Chinese crap!!  rofl rofl
Just look at there population, Chinese rubber is no good! rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #136 on: April 21, 2011, 08:30:30 AM »
Ok back from LS.

Everything went pretty good except for blowing up the boost gauge the new go pro hero took a shit and my new 2d pukes $15.00 a QT oil like a mofo.

Don't know what went wrong with the boost gauge.  The needle went south and pegged the 60 pound mark and stayed there.  Don't think I was running that much boost the gauge is elec but  ???.  The trans oil is what worries me the most.  The oil is puking out of the breather that is almost a full foot higher then the trans is.  I had four qt's in it and that is what Bill sends with his new trans's and that is what Mindy recommends.  My 4e did not do this and I ran 4.5 qt's in it.  I am sending Bill these pictures and maybe he can give me some input. The gearing is perfect I can run the dunes with two people in the car in third gear and second is a killer.   I can lug it down in third now and still pull it out of a tight spot with out going back into second.  I can put it in fourth coming thru the the little sand highway and nail it across the flats now and Kaidy bar the door.  Boost go's to 13 pounds and the car is a hand full to keep straight.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 09:09:44 AM by fastcorvairs »

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #137 on: April 21, 2011, 08:45:34 AM »
Nothing like a little oil to bring home a sand souvineer.   thumb down  Hopfully it will something simple, and sounds like all-n-all it wasnt too bad.  Sure would have like to have seen some video and hear a giggle or two.

25 days to goooooooo.
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #138 on: April 21, 2011, 11:25:16 AM »
ya know I haven't been able to get my hd go pro to take a steady video yet!! and I bought it new.
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

trans man

« Reply #139 on: April 23, 2011, 07:13:26 AM »
Fast, did you have a chance to see if that new BBQ place is any good or not. ;) ;)

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #140 on: April 23, 2011, 07:25:06 AM »
Fast, did you have a chance to see if that new BBQ place is any good or not. ;) ;)

Found out they were not going to be open until Friday.  Packed myself a PB&J. 

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #141 on: August 30, 2011, 04:15:13 PM »
Found out they were not going to be open until Friday.  Packed myself a PB&J.

OK going to check out the new BBQ place a LS this week end.

Got my self a new Rigid Industries lED 30 inc light bar for the buggy.  Had to figure out a way to mount it with out welding on tabs.  To long to to just bolt to the roof.  Did not want to do that anywho.   Did some brain storming last week end and came up with an idea to build some billet brackets that would bolt to the roll bar via steel nut certs.  Came out pretty nice if en I do say so my self. 

trans man

« Reply #142 on: August 30, 2011, 04:22:43 PM »
Cool!!! Nothing like having the sun on top of your sand car lighting the way! 8) 8) 8)

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #143 on: August 30, 2011, 06:02:13 PM »
VERY NICE FAST!!!

I have been trying to figure out a clean way to mount my light without drilling or welding as well. Damn that looks nice! Is this something you might consider offering for sale by chance??

"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #144 on: August 30, 2011, 06:24:24 PM »
VERY NICE FAST!!!

I have been trying to figure out a clean way to mount my light without drilling or welding as well. Damn that looks nice! Is this something you might consider offering for sale by chance??

Enemy

You still have to drill to mount them.  But using the steel nut certs from Winzer and good SS bolts you don't give up integrity so much.  The bracket with the certs and bolts will act as a gusset IMO. I have never had a crack radiate from a hole that has been properly champfer ed.  The steel nut certs expand out and contack the full diameter of the drilled hole. Yes they are somthing that can be had.   eyes

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal