Author Topic: Enemy's new ass... AKA moving the Jeffco  (Read 39177 times)

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
Re: Enemy's new ass... AKA moving the Jeffco
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2010, 12:15:09 PM »
There is a widely accepted misconception as to how antidive works.

Ya got that right! I am definitely accepting the misconception  ;D ;D Makes my head hurt less...
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2010, 01:13:30 PM »
I agree with this above... BUT... It disagrees with this you said below. 

Also I do think you can induce antidive with with brakes on an independant suspension.

I needs clarification here! I is cornfuzed!
No contradiction at all. There is no brake induced antidive with indepentent rear suspension therefore caliper position makes no difference as far as antidive is concerned.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2010, 03:46:13 PM »
No contradiction at all. There is no brake induced antidive with indepentent rear suspension therefore caliper position makes no difference as far as antidive is concerned.

Please correct me if I am wrong here but with an A-arm rear end you can build antidive in with the angles the arms are mounted. The caliper induces a torque that can be used to achieve this if its desired just as it can be made to do one an A-arm front end with brakes.   
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2010, 09:05:10 PM »
This is going to get deep real fast.  :o   With anti-dive in the front you are using the brake torque to try to keep the front suspension from compressing.

What exactly are you going to do in the rear to prevent dive?  If you make it lift the rear then the front will dive more, you could make it the opposite of front anti dive and have it lower the rear which would result in the whole car squatting when you hit the brakes.  I am not real sure what you could gain.

Offline Boostinjdm

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2010, 10:24:46 PM »
What exactly are you going to do in the rear to prevent dive?  If you make it lift the rear then the front will dive more, you could make it the opposite of front anti dive and have it lower the rear which would result in the whole car squatting when you hit the brakes. 

Do you have ESP?  Cuz ya just read my mind.
This post has been edited due to content.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2010, 11:33:00 PM »
This is going to get deep real fast.  :o   With anti-dive in the front you are using the brake torque to try to keep the front suspension from compressing.

What exactly are you going to do in the rear to prevent dive?  If you make it lift the rear then the front will dive more, you could make it the opposite of front anti dive and have it lower the rear which would result in the whole car squatting when you hit the brakes.  I am not real sure what you could gain.

Bingo.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Dunebound69

• Time flies when drinking rum!
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2010, 05:00:42 PM »
AAAOOOOGGGAA AAAOOOGGAA DIVE DIVE DIVE drowning drowning
Time flies when having rum!
Famous last words, Watch this
Government can not give you anything it dose not take from someone else first. When we stop laughing we start dying.
"When you stop doing things for fun you might as well be dead" Hemingway

Offline Dunebound69

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2010, 05:01:39 PM »
You done yet Enemy?
Government can not give you anything it dose not take from someone else first. When we stop laughing we start dying.

Offline Dunebound69

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2010, 06:55:00 AM »
Any update photos? Are you needing buggy transport to LS pm me.

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2010, 10:04:18 AM »
I have quite a bit accomplished but quite the distace to go yet... :'(  I will try and get some pics up this weekend, I have a few more things to tidy up. I am trying my best to get this finished up before the LS trip but it will definately be pushing it  drowning
I appreciate the offer on the transport, I will definately keep it in mind. THANKS!
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2010, 10:29:18 AM »
enemy first off you doing a great job keep it up and you'll have it finished for the trip just the way you want it!  second off here is that pic of the king sand car set up with the jeffco unit in it, you were asking about. this pic and other were posted by king sand cars on mbn but don't seem to be there anymore. I do find it interesting that this can possibly last ( the chain ) but seriously have my doubts unless the drivers only push the throttle in short spurts!

lastly, guys seriously about anti dive for the dunes or dirt fields does it really make that big of difference!? I don't personally think it would work with irs but can see it working on the ifs however with out hitting the brakes just letting off the throttle will already squat the front. the brakes will just make it squat a little more so are you trying to keep the brakes from squatting the extra couple of inches by using the anti dive theory on the front brakes? I can see this principal in use on low clearance, low travel toys like for oval track, dirt track and even road racing but I don't think it is worth too much  for long travel use on the sand dunes and dirt fields! if you really want to control front end squat then slow the compression rate in the shock or add oil.  ;D

just my opinion but if someone can explain to me how anti in the front is greatly beneficial for general dunning or running the dirt fields then please do I am open to new ideas? also at what point is the extra couple of inches that the brakes squatting the front end going to become a problem on the dunes? give me an example? I'm not trying to start anything just trying to understand at what point like for example running down the dunes and riding you brakes or coming out of a bowl and hitting you brakes will the dive make the suspension bottom out?
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline Doug Heim

• Bad @$$ Buggy Builder & Parts Supplier
  • Forum Sponsor
    • Doug Heim's Photo Bucket
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2010, 10:51:10 AM »
There is NO WAY that chain holds up for any length of time!

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2010, 04:32:52 PM »
Anti dive on the front is IMO a good design element. Just my opinion. As for the rear-BS.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2010, 11:06:58 PM »
DS you are asking the some of the same questions I have been trying to get some input on as well! Fabr what do ya think? Get an Anti dive thread going? I have got a load of curiosity's about exactly how all that works.... ??? ??? 
Magical shit to me LOL

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2010, 12:35:11 AM »
There is NO WAY that chain holds up for any length of time!

WEEEELLLLL, Maybe if they just toodle around the campgrounds it may last what, ....a couple days at least...?
 LMAO

That chain would puke its o-rings the first time it pulled all the way through 2nd gear!!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal