Author Topic: Fabr's Car-VW/busa crossbreed  (Read 265496 times)

Online fabr

• Administrator
Re: Fabr's Car-VW/busa crossbreed
« Reply #1020 on: February 12, 2011, 11:06:34 AM »

You need to realize the actual cost to make some of this stuff. Most companies are not getting rich from selling this stuff. Go price out all the machine work, heat treating, parts, raw material, labor, packaging, advertisement, and overhead. Then tell me the microstubs are expensive. I understand where you are coming from but you cant ask for race quality parts on a backyard builder budget. And you do get what you pay for. Go buy some china made microstubs and check the machining tollerances. You pay for beter materials and quality control.

Sorry to help hi-jack your thread master. I just figured I would help you reach your goal of the longest thread in internet history.  ;D  When the hell are we going to see some completed pics and video of this machine.
I couldn't agree more. Sure there is economies of scale but 10,20 or even 30 buggies a year will not accomplish much concerning the cost of producing and selling a buggy or any of its' components. Yes,this is an expensive hobby IF you are serious about it and want a buggy with serious performance capabilities .Some do and some don't. 
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 11:33:22 AM by masterfabr »
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #1021 on: February 12, 2011, 11:07:34 AM »
Oh ,pics will come sooner or later. Hell. vid from inside a car is BORING. I gotta get a camera operator.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

odypilots

« Reply #1022 on: February 12, 2011, 12:53:25 PM »
In car video is boring, unless you run REAL close to another car. I never like to lead when I'm recording in car, just to get some action on screen.

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1023 on: February 12, 2011, 08:43:14 PM »
I want to ask a question put to me by a friend
i know that buggies are very costly if we could get the cost down of a buggies and be able to reach a broader market wouldn't that help our sport. instead of selling one or too buggies if you could sell five or ten
parts drives this industry...... you would have that many more to sell parts too
this would mean going to empi and other manufactures to get there prices down also its just pipes and a motor with wheels whole cars cost more you can buy a 2011 camaro ss for less than some mini buggies
two buggy builders are out of buis now maybe more.
just a thought
for example micro stubs assy. by race trim 1295.00 that's allot of money for that part
compared to a camaro rear suspension lol you have to be rich to be in this there are lots of potential customers out there.
i have a buggy right now i could sell for ten thousand and make money on Evan making them one at a time
i know its possible  eyes eyes eyes

I think that the X-18 is exactly what you are talking about.  It's still pricey, but it would be hard to build a car with similar components for the same price.  Of course it's made in China.  That is a good way to make something cheaper.  As for quality, I don't know, they seem to work.

I think that Fabr mentioned it but economy of scale kicks in at much higher quantities than the whole mini buggy market.  Camaro parts are cheaper because there are millions made.  A hundred part run couldn't get you close.

On my build I tried to use many off the shelf parts instead of specialty buggy parts.  Some of it works out good but some makes it more difficult.

Go ahead and post the boring video Fabr. ;D  I need to see something!

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #1024 on: February 12, 2011, 11:02:55 PM »
I think that the X-18 is exactly what you are talking about.  It's still pricey, but it would be hard to build a car with similar components for the same price.  Of course it's made in China.  That is a good way to make something cheaper.  As for quality, I don't know, they seem to work.

I think that Fabr mentioned it but economy of scale kicks in at much higher quantities than the whole mini buggy market.  Camaro parts are cheaper because there are millions made.  A hundred part run couldn't get you close.

On my build I tried to use many off the shelf parts instead of specialty buggy parts.  Some of it works out good but some makes it more difficult.

Go ahead and post the boring video Fabr. ;D  I need to see something!
I said it was boring. Didn't say I had any. ;D ;D ;D
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Reidy02

• VIP
  • What goes around comes around!
« Reply #1025 on: February 13, 2011, 04:48:47 AM »
Oh ,pics will come sooner or later. Hell. vid from inside a car is BORING. I gotta get a camera operator.
Ya got the Spec man there now the cranky little gimp, tape the camera to his hand, you'll prolly hafta pry the beer out first rofl but stuff him get him doing somethin ;D  LMAO
VTR 1000 CUDA on the way.. What goes around comes around!!

SPEC

« Reply #1026 on: February 13, 2011, 03:47:14 PM »
I offered Fabr to drive away from him with his buggy last night...
But he not so graciously declined rofl rofl rofl

trans man

« Reply #1027 on: February 13, 2011, 06:04:43 PM »
IMO Driving another man's toy is just like spending a night with his wife.  drowning drowning drowning 

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #1028 on: February 13, 2011, 07:22:30 PM »

Well... his loss. He'll never get to hear it..... Poor little guy.  ;D
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline Reidy02

• VIP
  • What goes around comes around!
« Reply #1029 on: February 13, 2011, 07:34:46 PM »
Nah he knows what you drive like tailgator LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
VTR 1000 CUDA on the way.. What goes around comes around!!

SPEC

« Reply #1030 on: February 14, 2011, 07:13:34 AM »
Then I guess I spent most of my life with other guys wives since I drove mods,sprints, and rode for Tri-co Yamaha for a living then trans man...Reids...If you don't like the way I drive.....
STAY OFF THE SIDEWALK ;D

whayden2003

« Reply #1031 on: August 04, 2011, 05:58:46 AM »
Yep Fabr this thing is sick. Dimensionally is it built to plans..

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #1032 on: August 04, 2011, 02:09:09 PM »
Not completely by any means. I am able to CAD the stuff and modify as I see fit. I also stretched it a few inches and changed the upper cage a bit.  That said tho the plans rorty has are very well detailed and accurate. You can actually build from them with confidence.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #1033 on: January 03, 2013, 06:18:57 PM »
Been a long time since I posted in this thread. done quite a bit since 8/4/2011. Been to glamis,St.Anthony's, LS a few times . Pretty much had a ball. Even the trip to LS with the lawn dart episode .That episode has led me to finally give the car it's name "Twisted Dart".  LMAO If you look at the front view it will be apparent why. ;D ;D Oh well, it's pretty much done now just needs some powder and paint. The 35" tires on 17" wheels make the thing handle obstacles much ,much  better and with the extra gear ratios available I can crawl pretty well also. I'm finally pretty happy with it.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline komelika

• Never stop learning!
« Reply #1034 on: January 03, 2013, 06:26:12 PM »
Very nice rig Fabr! Need some video!
If you remain calm while everything around you is complete chaos... then you probably haven't fully understood the situation!

http://sandjunky710.blogspot.com/

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal