Author Topic: Hello All  (Read 21986 times)

Toufs

Re: Hello All
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2017, 01:30:25 PM »
You shouldn't have any fan blade breaking off the hub issues. It was apparently specific to the Flexalite Scirroco style fan/shroud . It was a huge issue for me the first 5 or more trips out.  POS stands for Piece Of Shit.
Lol Ok now I know what POS is lol. Glad you got your rig sorted out tho, I hope it does not take me 5 times out to get mine sorted lol. Right now I'm just itching to go blasting around the island with no issues.

Toufs

« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2017, 01:48:05 PM »
You are a very lucky man!!
Well its definitely a puls in the life of an off roader lol

Toufs

« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2017, 01:58:27 PM »
btw....with paddles.....that rail would be a blast on an open beach!!!!!!!!!! wot as high a gear as it will hold!!!!!!! and no law to chase you, a dream for most of us!
It came with paddles. Looks to be the original tires that Lance put on there. Not going to be doing too much beaching as I'm not a big fan of rust lol.

Toufs

« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2017, 02:05:19 PM »
other than hurricanes that sounds like a dream place to live!!!!!!
Well it has its ups and downs but I love it most of the time. For an idea of what I bought this buggy for you can get on face book and look for Crabbs Raceway Antigua. Some cool videos on there.

Toufs

« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2017, 02:09:38 PM »
I wont be having any progress until Monday because the guy I know who has a sand blaster, his hose is dry rot. So I found this other guy today but he only works week days. Oh crap I just remembered I still have to order the tank liner. I'm seeing a bunchon youtube on the brands Kreem and redcoat. Any suggestions?

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2017, 04:24:27 PM »
No to both of those if your fuel has any ethanol content.  This stuff is what I used. So far so good in E85.

https://www.kbs-coatings.com/tank-sealer.html
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 04:32:36 PM by fabr »
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Toufs

« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2017, 04:29:20 PM »
No to both of those if your fuel has any ethanol content.
So what should I look for that could handle all fuels?

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2017, 04:43:36 PM »
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Toufs

« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2017, 06:06:05 PM »
https://www.kbs-coatings.com/tank-sealer.html
Thanks for this bro it looks like the real deal. I did not come across this one in my search and from what I read im liking it. And you say this can handle all fuels right? So if I was to want to get her tuned on some C16 or E85 (maybe it I turbo charge it) that sealer will be ok with those race type fuels?

Oh sorry im now reading you said E85. lol sometimes I don't read all before I respond lol
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 06:13:25 PM by Toufs »

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2017, 11:38:58 PM »
So far in e85 I've had no problems and all the info I could find when researching what to use I found nothing to indicate it was not up to the task. I'll let you know in about 5 more years if it really is .  ;D ;D rofl
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2017, 11:44:14 PM »
Thanks for this bro it looks like the real deal. I did not come across this one in my search and from what I read im liking it. And you say this can handle all fuels right? So if I was to want to get her tuned on some C16 or E85 (maybe it I turbo charge it) that sealer will be ok with those race type fuels?

Oh sorry im now reading you said E85. lol sometimes I don't read all before I respond lol
You can turbo that busa on 92 pump at up to around 10 pounds boost with appropriate mods to fuel system.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Toufs

« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2017, 11:40:13 AM »
Hey guys, I finally got the tank sealer and had the tank blasted and sealed. It took so long because all the shipping out of Miami is wayyy backed up. Now I'm waiting for it to set and decided to get a new spring for the throttle pedal because the one that it came with feels as stiff as pushing on a high performance race clutch. The one I got was too long and was trying to shorten it when I split the palm of my left hand open and had to get 6 stiches. So yea dudes the set backs are showing off right now lol.

Toufs

« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2017, 11:45:26 AM »
The next step would be sourcing an 11 inch rack and pinion. I found one in my searching part number 425152B and like the look of it but it is a 15 inch. Do any of you guys know of this rack and have any advise as to finding something like this in an 11 inch? I tried emailing 2 companies about this rack (which had no phone number on their site) and got no response.

Toufs

« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2017, 12:02:23 PM »
Then the next step after the rack would be either to fabricate or buy a front lower suspension arm. I don't know what side I need until I get the correct measurements. The reason I need one is because (Lance you not going to like this one lol) on the left arm where the shock is mounted to the arm is 3/4 inch closer to the outer end of the arm than where the right shock is mounted to the right arm. For example (not using exact figures cause I forgot what I measured) the bottom of left shock to outer end of arm is 10 inches. The bottom of right shock to outer end of arm is 10 3/4 inches. So finally I feel confident that I have found the pulling problem.

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2017, 01:06:28 PM »
Here ya go,
http://www.mooreparts.com/center-load-rack-pinion-heim/
to go on this
http://www.mooreparts.com/latest-rage-425153-center-load-rack-pinion-5-8-36-spline-dune-buggy/

Sure you will have to redo rack mounts, but I think ya got that covered.  May can find closer better price.
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal