Author Topic: Slow Build by Engineer  (Read 87066 times)

trans man

Re: Slow Build by Engineer
« Reply #270 on: January 14, 2011, 08:43:57 PM »
I like it! ;D ;D ;D Keep the pics coming.

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #271 on: January 24, 2011, 09:42:36 PM »
Thanks Guys!  ;D

Did an adjustable pedal mount (the two pinch bolts will be clamp handles).

< Insert rant here >  Why can't Wilwood sell a hanging gas pedal to match the clutch and brake.  eyes  Waiting to see them in action but probably won't use them again.

Tabs, tabs , tabs, tabs, tabs, tabs, tabs , tabs, tabs, tabs, tabs, tabs , tabs, tabs, tabs, tabs, tabs , tabs, tabs, tabs, tabs, tabs , tabs, tabs, tabs, tabs, tabs , tabs, tabs, tabs, tabs, tabs , tabs, tabs, tabs, tabs, tabs , tabs, tabs, tabs, tabs, tabs , tabs , tabs, tabs, tabs, tabs, tabs, tabs, tabs, tabs, tabs , tabs, tabs, tabs, tabs, tabs , tabs, tabs, tabs, tabs, tabs , tabs, tabs, tabs, tabs.

I did make a handy jig for putting them on though.  I will try to remember to take a pic of it.

And RC51 Rhino got me a great deal on something I have to get mounted before showing.   8)

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #272 on: January 24, 2011, 10:21:41 PM »
LOoking great!
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #273 on: January 24, 2011, 10:49:41 PM »
Dang, that is really beginning to take shape.  Good for you.  maybe being snowed in aint such a bad thing?
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline komelika

• Never stop learning!
« Reply #274 on: January 25, 2011, 03:49:54 AM »
Looks awesome! I wish I had the resources to make my own stuff. Are you worried about the mounts loosening and sliding onthe bar? Seems that if you grooved them to fit the bar would create more surface contact like a bicycle neck on a handlebar. Anyway, you know way more than I do about these things. Can't wait to see it done!
If you remain calm while everything around you is complete chaos... then you probably haven't fully understood the situation!

http://sandjunky710.blogspot.com/

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #275 on: January 25, 2011, 06:10:47 AM »
I thought the same on mounts trying to move, but looks like the 3 bolts on ea side are a tight fit around tube?  And since tha go pedel is not mounted with them, should be no problem, thats the one he'll be stomping most anyway.  rofl  Sliding pedals, sliding seats, tilt steering, whats next a/c and heated seats??

Looking good, keep it coming.
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #276 on: January 25, 2011, 08:19:10 AM »
LOoking great!

Thanks!

Dang, that is really beginning to take shape.  Good for you.  maybe being snowed in aint such a bad thing?

Thanks!  Yah, not so bad.

Looks awesome! I wish I had the resources to make my own stuff. Are you worried about the mounts loosening and sliding onthe bar? Seems that if you grooved them to fit the bar would create more surface contact like a bicycle neck on a handlebar. Anyway, you know way more than I do about these things. Can't wait to see it done!

I thought the same on mounts trying to move, but looks like the 3 bolts on ea side are a tight fit around tube?  And since tha go pedel is not mounted with them, should be no problem, thats the one he'll be stomping most anyway.  rofl  Sliding pedals, sliding seats, tilt steering, whats next a/c and heated seats??

Looking good, keep it coming.

Thanks guys!

I don't think the pedal mount will try to move much.  Because the pedals are hanging down about 8" below the mount, when you push on the pedal it trys to twist the mount (locking it in place) much more than trying to slide them forward. 

I still need to add the loud pedal.

LiveWire

« Reply #277 on: January 25, 2011, 09:12:32 AM »
The single bearing mount looks to be sturdy and address my earlier concern about it.

trans man

« Reply #278 on: January 26, 2011, 05:48:18 PM »
I really like your adjustable pedal mounts! That is very slick idea!!! bb: ee: ee:

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #279 on: January 26, 2011, 07:23:04 PM »
+1 looks great!
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #280 on: January 26, 2011, 09:56:21 PM »
The single bearing mount looks to be sturdy and address my earlier concern about it.

;)

I really like your adjustable pedal mounts! That is very slick idea!!! bb: ee: ee:

+1 looks great!

Thanks Guys!

As I mentioned earlier RC51 Rhino gave me a deal on these candles this light bar.  ;D

http://www.rigidindustries.com/

I have been waiting to finalize the position of the eyebrow bar until I got the lightbar mounted.  It's on, I added the roof bracing, some handles for getting in and out and steps on the side.  I was waiting to put the steps on until I got the side sheets mounted.  It was a lot easier working with the side panels with flat sides not having to work around the steps.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 10:05:39 PM by Engineer »

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #281 on: January 26, 2011, 09:57:58 PM »
Those LEd bars are very nice. Neat and trim.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #282 on: January 27, 2011, 07:15:21 AM »
Dam eng! Light bar worth more then my whole car.  I like the way you got it inset.  Nice and clean.  Keep hanging shit on that thing and you'll have to twin turbo the Busa. 

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline sandycrack

« Reply #283 on: January 27, 2011, 09:12:41 AM »
I really like the way that thing is looking!  What do you think the final weight will be?
You smell that?

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #284 on: January 27, 2011, 09:35:54 AM »
I really like the way that thing is looking!  What do you think the final weight will be?

With driver?
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal