Author Topic: DS a-arm kit information needed.  (Read 101912 times)

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Re: DS a-arm kit information needed.
« Reply #225 on: June 17, 2021, 05:31:08 PM »
You're going to like the upgrade!
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Aprilfools

• Fabricator
« Reply #226 on: June 17, 2021, 08:05:30 PM »
I got to see a sneak peek picture of it before it shipped, definitely gonna be an upgrade from the ole beam I believe
 :D :D

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #227 on: June 18, 2021, 06:47:23 AM »
yep i too heard you had a front end in route  ;)
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline big dave

« Reply #228 on: June 21, 2021, 10:44:24 AM »
Best thing i did to my car. well next to the subie.  :m

Offline Aprilfools

• Fabricator
« Reply #229 on: June 21, 2021, 07:48:37 PM »
Best thing i did to my car. well next to the subie.  :m

That's what I am hoping to, and I'm positive it wont disappoint. We just did a 7 day trip and logged alot miles riding in the upper peninsula of Michigan. Alot of different terrain and trails, whoops to washboard. I think my current beam set up is decent but my sons rail is arms and riding with him it sure dont take long to see and feel a difference.

Not sure on that subie though.... :m
I went a different direction and engine swapped to a 2.3 EcoBoost out of a mustang.  😊😊

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #230 on: June 22, 2021, 08:21:27 AM »
so now you ha e to tell all of us the detailed info on the 2.3 ecoboost?????   

i run a built turbo 2.3 out of an '88 thunderbird. i know thaat ecobbost makes great power stock but dont know how much and at what rpms. how does the bottom end feel?

Offline big dave

« Reply #231 on: June 22, 2021, 10:40:09 AM »
so now you ha e to tell all of us the detailed info on the 2.3 ecoboost?????   

i run a built turbo 2.3 out of an '88 thunderbird. i know thaat ecobbost makes great power stock but dont know how much and at what rpms. how does the bottom end feel?
I'm with DS tell us how you like the ecoboost

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #232 on: June 22, 2021, 07:05:50 PM »
yes,do tell!!
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Aprilfools

• Fabricator
« Reply #233 on: June 23, 2021, 04:08:22 PM »
 LMAO

Opened up a cam worms there huh! It's a fantastic engine and blast to drive. I'm at 28hrs on the engine currently since putting it in so still early though. I had a 2.0 EcoBoost in it the last 2 years out of 2013 fusion but over the winter swapped mine to a 2.3 out a of 2018 mustang and swapped the 2.0 into my sons rail. That has probably 90 hours on it by now.
I'll check back in later tonight when I got a minute to type more to give ya the build history of each and more importantly how they run, i have feeling that's what you really want to know..  :m

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #234 on: June 24, 2021, 11:34:44 AM »
yep we want to know how it runs  :D

Offline Aprilfools

• Fabricator
« Reply #235 on: June 24, 2021, 07:32:14 PM »
It was like xmas morning at my house today  8)
Came home from work to find a nice box waiting for me  ;D
Of course its already in the garage and opened up and ideas flowing on how to proceed.
We have a 4th weekend trip planned, after that shes getting a makeover, I can't wait to get started.
Big thanks to those who helped get this here..... :)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #236 on: June 24, 2021, 08:22:35 PM »
It was like xmas morning at my house today  8)
Came home from work to find a nice box waiting for me  ;D
Of course its already in the garage and opened up and ideas flowing on how to proceed.
We have a 4th weekend trip planned, after that shes getting a makeover, I can't wait to get started.
Big thanks to those who helped get this here..... :)

enjoy and post pics.
christmas is always a great time lol
we are still wanting to here how well the 2.3 ecoboost does  ;D

there not hard to install just takes some time. i'm sure you will find the right fit for your frame. always interesting to see the variations on installs.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2021, 08:25:13 PM by dsrace »

Offline Aprilfools

• Fabricator
« Reply #237 on: June 30, 2021, 08:26:31 AM »
Around 4 years ago I had the idea of trying the Ecoboost, I’m a Ford guy so an Ecotech was not an option, I did consider Subie but really wanted something different. The power to weight ratio of the Ecoboost really had me curious so after researching the control packs that Ford Performance had for the engines in a stand-alone kit I thought I would give a try. At that time I started with a 2.0. I was really surprised how cheap I could find these engines to pick up. I located one, brought it home then over the winter worked on the swap. Kennedy supplied the adapter and he rest was adding the fuel system and water cooling ability. Over all a pretty easy swap for someone that had not done one. Until…….I went to purchase the control pack. After I had the swap complete minus the pack I realized that Ford Performance had discontinued the control pack for 2.0 in favor of the 2.3 engine that had come out for the mustang. I could not find one anywhere. Many talks later with a very helpful gentleman from F.P. (he really did try everything he could to help me with no luck) I shelved the 2.0 and decided to save for a future swap to the 2.3 being I was already set up for it. Being I was ready to purchase the control pack I went ahead and bought a 2.3 kit just so I knew I would have it for that someday swap so I didn’t run into this when I did it. I was assured by anyone I asked that the 2.3 kit would not run a 2.0 engine. I had hoped there was a way to use it and find someone to re-program it but iwas told it was not an option… Once I received the kit curiosity got the best of me and I installed it any way. Long story short the engine did fire and it was music to my ears. I ran that set-up for 2 years putting over 70 hours on it. That engine over the winter was pulled and we swapped it into my son’s rail and it is still going strong with close to 100 hours on it now.
At the same time we swapped the 2.0 to his I picked up a 2.3 from a mustang and put it in mine. Engine went right in with same adapter and after changing 2 things (only because the engine was a 2018 model and the pack runs 15-17 model years) the engine fired rite up. The F.P. kits make this so easy, the only thing I wish they would do is give you the option to purchase pieces from the kit instead of all of it. We only needed 3 pieces from the kit so the rest goes un-used so a lot of cost for this. Those can be sold though.  I have 25 hours on this engine now and am loving it.
Knock on wood these have proven quite reliable and maintenance free. The fun factor is 10 as well. You can Sunday cruise all day or build boost and have perma-grin. Anyone we take for a ride gets out smiling and shaking their heads. They build boost really quick with almost no notice of any turbo lag at all. We both have tablets on board using Torque Pro to monitor the engine. I have wanted to play around with logging to compare spool to RPM but have not done yet. I will have to do that in the near future and report back. In comparison to “seat of the pants” feel, they engines feel pretty similar to one another. They both spool quickly and pull pretty well. We both agree the 2.3 seems to have more up top RPM than the 2.0 but other than that they are surprisingly close. They are both running the same programming which was what came from Ford Performance out of the box.
We have scaled both cars since completed, they are 2 totally different variations of rails so they vary quite a bit. His tipped the scale at 1560 wet no one in it and mine at 1860 wet with no one in it. Mine will be going on a diet very soon with a very nice, newly acquired a-arm kit!!! (Thank you!). Hoping to start this build in the coming weeks, I am sure I will be asking plenty of questions and plan to take picture along the way to share.
Sorry for the delay getting this rite up out there for you, it has been a very busy few weeks for me. I’ll try to answer any questions I can if you are curious about anything specific.
 :D

Offline big dave

« Reply #238 on: July 01, 2021, 08:31:15 AM »
sounds like a great engine. stock Numbers 0f 350 hp @ 6,000 rpm and 350 lb-ft @ 3,200 rpm. sound like it would be a reliable motor at that. Its going to be fun keeping the front end on the Ground.  Just a ball park Guess. what was the Cost of motor/ adapter and Ford Power system??

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #239 on: July 01, 2021, 02:16:32 PM »
big dave, that turbo 2.3 ecoboost runs $2k from the junk yards, around here that is. that changes quite a bit but the 3.5 twin turbo coboost is $3500 or $3k if you know the onwer of the salvage yard lol  prob with the 3.5 is i wont leave it stock!   plenty of people turn them up to 600 hp very easily!  so a 2d wont cut it and thats a big nut to crack  :m   now i run a turbo 2.3.......lima not ecoboost. mines a well built 2.3 out of an 88 thunderbird. i too was born with a blue oval on my cheek   ;) ;D   i know the ecoboost makes more power if not for anyother reason then a quadvalve head! better intake, better head flow as well as  variable cam timing. theres more but you already know.  that 3.5 ecoboost would be a riot.....just need an expensive trans.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal