Author Topic: syracuse pics  (Read 14090 times)

Offline Dunebound69

• Time flies when drinking rum!
Re: syracuse pics
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2009, 10:43:25 AM »
DS post pic of the new housing.
Time flies when having rum!
Famous last words, Watch this
Government can not give you anything it dose not take from someone else first. When we stop laughing we start dying.
"When you stop doing things for fun you might as well be dead" Hemingway

trans man

« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2010, 08:08:30 PM »
also I run 33x12.5x15 at offroad tires and I am more aggressive in the dirt than the sand solely because I know the terrain better. but I do like to jump and ride wheelies quite a bit, on both dirt and sand but at the dunes I love to run through the whoops full bore!! for now I will have to hold back a little more till I get another bike rail built.
The other thing DS forgot to mention is that his was catching 15 feet of air on a motocross track the weekend before. :o :o :o Which surely over stressed the stock R and P which broke at Syracuse the next time out. But with all that said the stock R and P will still take alot of abuse before it breaks. With weddle gears in it, the next weak link was the OEM R and P. 8) 8) 8) 8)

trans man

« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2010, 09:11:35 PM »
I do agree with DS and Master, that place has potential, but they have not done any improvements to the dunes to remove all that sage brush. That's what Deano and me experienced in August of 2008 and there was no open sand! It's a fast way to destroy a set of paddle tires. 8) 8) 8)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 09:30:47 PM by trans man »

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2010, 09:54:17 PM »
The other thing DS forgot to mention is that his was catching 15 feet of air on a motocross track the weekend before. :o :o :o Which surely over stressed the stock R and P which broke at Syracuse the next time out. But with all that said the stock R and P will still take alot of abuse before it breaks. With weddle gears in it, the next weak link was the OEM R and P. 8) 8) 8) 8)

yes 15' to the top of the cage is true.  I made 8 consecutive jumps that afternoon with 4 different passengers so between the 8 jumps that landed on flat dry clay everytime  I was between 8' - 10' off the ground below my tires according to 4 eye witness's. so I would have to agree that probably didn't help  ;) ;)  but pulling a wheelie  and jumping into the air while in the wheelie and then landing still in the wheelie and gunning it to ride it down the other side finished it off! :o ;D which of course was the following weekend.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 09:58:29 PM by Dsrace »
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

chrishallett83

« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2010, 02:40:10 AM »
Your point is taken....  I think everyone who knows me on here knows I am a safety advocate (a tad extreme sometimes), we HAVE to build safe machines (for ours and our passengers sake), but where do you stop? If my car was as safe as technology could physically make it, it would probably weigh as much as a Leopard tank.

Given the scenario youve just described, the guy who commisioned you is a silly bugger. He's had the front crumple happen and STILL didnt relocate the tank...

"Rules! For the guidance of wise men and the control of fools". (was prolly 'Big Brother' who coined that phrase...)

The quote is 'Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men.' - Douglas Bader. It's my sig on The Edge Products forums...

Bader was a bad-arse English pilot, there's a book (and movie) about him called 'Reach for the Sky'.

Offline Whiplash

• VIP
  • Monster Bug is here run for your LIFE!!!
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2010, 01:02:22 PM »
yes 15' to the top of the cage is true.  I made 8 consecutive jumps that afternoon with 4 different passengers so between the 8 jumps that landed on flat dry cylay everytime  I was between 8' - 10' off the ground below my tires according to 4 eye witness's. so I would have to agree that probably didn't help  ;) ;)  but pulling a wheelie  and jumping into the air while in the wheelie and then landing still in the wheelie and gunning it to ride it down the other side finished it off! :o ;D which of course was the following weekend.

Go big or go home right!!
"The best things in life are free".........RIIIGHT, He's never been to Glamis!

Bajas RULE!!

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2010, 07:31:47 PM »

Go big or go home right!!

hell yes!  I figure it's what I built it for so why not. unfortunately the motocross track I was jumping on before the trip is right next door in my neighbors back yard!  he dedicated 5 acres to it and he has a 500 two stroke built of course that he has to pin in 3rd to clear the triples!!  the temptation to ride that course is just to great for those of us with out too much self control.   rofl       the course was made for bikes and most of the corners are too sharp for rails but I only have to back up and straighten out on 2 but it's that table top that needs to be longer for the rails  ;D it's still a rush!  :o ;D
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal