Author Topic: v-6 sand rail for sale  (Read 6899 times)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
v-6 sand rail for sale
« on: May 22, 2010, 08:38:03 PM »
price - $24,000.00
I am selling my 2 year old ( 2008 ) v-6 rail by dandsracing.com . the rail has 26" wheel travel in the front and 24" rear. wheel base is 106" and rear track width is 94", the front is 80" it does fit in my enclosed trailer! It has neil cutting brakes and jamar slim line foot pedals with stand alone throttle. the rail is sold with the offroad wheels and a set of 33 blaster paddles by sand tires unlimited on 12" wide rims.

the transaxle is a built vw 091 with all weddle internals as well as quite a few externals. the only thing NOT weddle is the input shaft, bell housing and main case including. even the slave cylinder throw out arm, thicker, 1/2" taller is from weddle! I am running a stage III 9" clutch from kennedy. built by shane at shanes performance transaxles 308 379 4960 if you have questions about the gearing. he is also a member on this site user name trans man for those that don't know.

the motor is out of an '01 chevy impala in stock form internally. I installed a new timing chain while I had it out of the car. the pcm has been flashed to eliminate the security system as well as other programs that aren't used any longer. the data link connector is there so you can connect a scanner still. the cooling fans are controlled by a stand alone system that is soft on and soft off. you can control at what temp you want the fans come on by turning a screw! there is a 3 way switch on the console that will manually turn it on or off or auto mode. all the electronics are in the wing trunk with room for storage as well!

I have not dyno'd the rail but the motor should be about 225 hp and 250 tq from what I have read and according to kennedy with the headers and short cold air intake.

the console has a complete set of gauges ( indigo blue ) and they are accurate including the fuel gauge. I have checked the tach with a scanner.

yes there is still some of the good old Little Sahara oklahoma sand on and in it but I will clean it better before it leaves! there is one good scratch on the side panel as seen in the pics.

it's a great rail I am selling it to build another bike powered. I'm sure the pics and video's will speak for themselves but if you have any other question ask or pm me.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 04:08:36 PM by Dsrace »
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline Dunebound69

• Time flies when drinking rum!
Re: v-6 sand rail for sale
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 09:07:34 PM »
 :( :( :( selling the wheelie machine.
Time flies when having rum!
Famous last words, Watch this
Government can not give you anything it dose not take from someone else first. When we stop laughing we start dying.
"When you stop doing things for fun you might as well be dead" Hemingway

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 09:38:22 PM »
yep going back to a high rev-ing machine!
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline Reidy02

• VIP
  • What goes around comes around!
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 10:41:57 PM »
What like a busa something? :o
VTR 1000 CUDA on the way.. What goes around comes around!!

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 02:57:35 AM »
What like a busa something? :o

still considering the new yamaha v-max!  ;D

Offline Wyattboche

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2010, 09:28:37 AM »
What motor is in it? Just wondering

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2010, 09:44:20 AM »
:( :( :( selling the wheelie machine.

He's just needing the wheelies at a higher rate of speed is all
 ;D ;D ;D ;D
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2010, 11:09:47 AM »
ya well after seeing your wing trunk I'll have a extended skid plate so I can go full bore!!!!!!!!!!!  that just looks like to much fun!  ;D ;D

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2010, 11:12:00 AM »
What motor is in it? Just wondering

a 2001 3800 series II v-6 engine out of a Chevrolet impala.

trans man

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2010, 06:18:32 PM »
That's one damn nice rail! ;D ;D ;D It's a shame he's selling it :'( :'( :'( Who ever buys it, is getting one hell of a deal!!! 8) 8) 8)

SPEC

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2010, 07:40:21 AM »
DS...You find a new home for this bad boy?

trans man

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2010, 05:11:01 PM »
DS...You find a new home for this bad boy?
Nope he still has it.

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2010, 08:38:53 PM »
I think he's starting to get attached to it.  :-*
I caught him talking to it the other day
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

SPEC

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2010, 04:36:39 AM »
GIGGLE...... GIGGLE 8)

trans man

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2010, 05:11:55 PM »
 LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal