Author Topic: One nighter to LS  (Read 4022 times)

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
One nighter to LS
« on: July 14, 2009, 09:05:22 AM »
FYI

Making a one nighter to LS on July the 18th.  Will be in the Ducse's Wild camp ground slot 10.  Feel the need to check out the new Delphi ignition stystem. All the in people say about twenty to twenty five more poney's. 

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Re: One nighter to LS
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 09:26:46 AM »
WOW! I'll have to play it by ear and see if I might be able to get down.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

SPEC

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 09:46:36 AM »
If I mail in the morning I can have goodies to you for that trip

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 09:58:44 AM »
If I mail in the morning I can have goodies to you for that trip

Kwel

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

SPEC

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 09:59:47 AM »
 ;D 8)
Sand just adds texture to them :P

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2009, 07:24:41 AM »
WOW
      Back from the sand.  It was a great week end for all.  Thanks Spec for getting me the pickles and jerky in time for the trip.  Checks in the mail.
     And a big ass thanks to Masterfabr.  Yep Master and his better half made it down for the day Saturday and like always he save the day with helping to fix one of my grandkids four wheelers. He may be old and cranky but he sure knows about the bike stuff.   And in case if all is wondering!!  try as I may I never got Master or his wife to scream like a little girl.   ;D ;D  They were both happy riders though.  They had sand in there teeth form smiling.  Don't even try to follow Master through the trails when he is on a quad.  He lost me in the first two minuets. Master said something as he was leaving about just wait until I get your sorry ass in my car come October.  Can't wait.  ;D ::) We did have a good visit but I here that his motel accommodations were not good.  Octobers comming up fast guy's.  Get them cars running you won't whant to miss that one for sure.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2009, 07:30:09 AM »
Heheheheeeee, I had a great time and was more than glad to lend a hand on the grandkids quad.Really glad we got it going for him.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2009, 09:37:06 PM »
Heheheheeeee, I had a great time and was more than glad to lend a hand on the grandkids quad.Really glad we got it going for him.

glad to here all went well and everyone had a good time!!  this is why I like hanging out with people you like yourselves, everyone pitch's in to help each other in the group so we can all have fun riding!!    fast could I get a ride come oct?  how did the new delphi system work?
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2009, 07:00:43 AM »
glad to here all went well and everyone had a good time!!  this is why I like hanging out with people you like yourselves, everyone pitch's in to help each other in the group so we can all have fun riding!!    fast could I get a ride come oct?  how did the new delphi system work?

You bet.

The new Delphi worked good all for the damm 4200 RPM rev limit that CBM did not take out as I ask them to.  No one in my area can hook up to it to reprogram. CBM has it locked out.  Still have and hour or two before it will delete it's self form the ECU.  Motor dose have a lot more toque then before.  Car will launch from the top of a razor back real good.  Had one of them oh shit moments last week end when I launched from the top of a dune and everything got real quiet for a long time.  Long enough to think about what the F*#@ have I done now. Turned out good, car landed on all four, shocks compressed but not all the way and I hauled ass on down the hill.  Looked over at my grandson and he was grinning from ear to ear.   

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2009, 07:39:32 AM »
You bet.

The new Delphi worked good all for the damm 4200 RPM rev limit that CBM did not take out as I ask them to.  No one in my area can hook up to it to reprogram. CBM has it locked out.  Still have and hour or two before it will delete it's self form the ECU.  Motor dose have a lot more toque then before.  Car will launch from the top of a razor back real good.  Had one of them oh shit moments last week end when I launched from the top of a dune and everything got real quiet for a long time.  Long enough to think about what the F*#@ have I done now. Turned out good, car landed on all four, shocks compressed but not all the way and I hauled ass on down the hill.  Looked over at my grandson and he was grinning from ear to ear.

so the rev limiter deletes itself after a few hours?
hopping off the razor edge is alot of fun and if you have time to think about it you've been up there too long!! lol but it's a blast.
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2009, 07:52:17 AM »

so the rev limiter deletes itself after a few hours?
hopping off the razor edge is alot of fun and if you have time to think about it you've been up there too long!! lol but it's a blast.

After five hours it changes to 6200 RPM.  So say Chris at CBM. I have sent it back once because the motor would not idle below 3000RPM when I first put it in.  They said that they fixed that and they did but I had told them of the rev limit and they told me that they put that in all there units because they use all new crate motors and want a break in period for them.  I had told them that I had been running my motor for a season and a half at 6400 allready and did not need the 4200 limit.  When I called them back and ask why they left the limit in they told me that they had put it on a car and run it and it hit the two step at 6200 RPM.  They told me my tach was bad. I put a new tach on and it still showed 4200RPM.  I have a mechanical tach on the way and I will find out for sure.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal