Author Topic: Snake Hunt Week  (Read 4050 times)

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
Snake Hunt Week
« on: April 15, 2009, 10:52:09 AM »
Leaving out in about and hour for LS for five fun days in the sand. 

WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO. 8) 8) 8) ;D ;D ;D 

Free ride for anyone that comes down. 

By By.

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Re: Snake Hunt Week
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 11:29:25 AM »
TAKE the man up on his OFFER!!! You WILL NOT be disappointed. Tell him you like running the ridges. ;D ;D
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Doug Heim

• Bad @$$ Buggy Builder & Parts Supplier
  • Forum Sponsor
    • Doug Heim's Photo Bucket
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 04:06:25 PM »
Have fun and be safe. Lots of idiots out there this weekend!

Oh and what Master said! I can vouch for that!

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 05:39:02 PM »
Snake hunt week end a total bust.

Rain Rain Rain When the sun did come out there were so many crazy fools on the sand that you couldn't move.  Five days only burned five gal's of fuel.  Saturday on the way out on the sand hi way at 20 MPH to watch the Big boys jump, a Honda quad took out my left front.   He didn't fair as good as my car did. I lost a front tire, rim, lower rod end and bead lock.  He lost a upper a arm shock and springs.  No one got hurt that was the only good thing about it.  Never again.

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2009, 06:17:52 PM »
I swore of the big weekends a couple of years ago for just that reason ans also is the reason I MUCH prefer Sun-Thursday  for being there. How much work to fix your ride?
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Doug Heim

• Bad @$$ Buggy Builder & Parts Supplier
  • Forum Sponsor
    • Doug Heim's Photo Bucket
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2009, 06:51:19 PM »
Sorry to hear of the misfortune. Safe to assume that it was the quad's fault? or was it just bad blind spots?

Post up the damage and the rework. You do great work. It will be back up and running like new in no time. Just always sucks that it has to involve the wallet.

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2009, 07:34:40 PM »
I swore of the big weekends a couple of years ago for just that reason ans also is the reason I MUCH prefer Sun-Thursday  for being there. How much work to fix your ride?

I think from here on out that I'll be making my trips to LS on a Monday Thur a Wensday.  New rim $260 rod end $60 tire $250 and the powder coating for the bead lock ring $50. All done about $620.00.  And five hours labor. 

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2009, 07:41:30 PM »
Sorry to hear of the misfortune. Safe to assume that it was the quad's fault? or was it just bad blind spots?

Post up the damage and the rework. You do great work. It will be back up and running like new in no time. Just always sucks that it has to involve the wallet.

Well I was as far right as I could get going north down sand hyway.  Ifen the quad had been where he should have been far right going south we would have just passed each other.  The quad was in my lane if you can say there is a lane there. I know that the sand hyway is like the main road that goes out to the big dunes from the south camp grounds so it should be treated like a main hyway. 

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2009, 07:59:05 PM »
Man, I am sorry to hear that Glen.  I have been run into before as well. :P  But never had that kind of damage.  Seems like lots of people don't have any sense there on big weekends.

Offline Yoshi

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2009, 08:18:55 PM »
            I think from here on out that I'll be making my trips to LS on a Monday Thur a Wensday.  New rim $260 rod end $60 tire $250 and the powder coating for the bead lock ring $50. All done about $620.00.  And five hours labor.
Nothing wrong with going on a weekend, just not the big weekends....

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2009, 08:26:22 PM »
In the OFF SEASON.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2009, 08:38:15 PM »
glad to hear no one got hurt. sorry to hear about the rail!! I have had two close calls that would have ended up like that. one on fall break and the other Halloween weekend. I will never go back down there during a holiday weekend or party event. the one over fall break, the guy jumping had a buddy spotting but his buddy never looked back to see myself or scott which we are running open header v-6's. somehow he didn't even hear us so his buddy launched and landed about 3' from my right front tire. by the time we swerved he came withing 12", I was going about 35mph when this happened.
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal