Author Topic: no clicky here por favor  (Read 1781 times)

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
no clicky here por favor
« on: January 21, 2016, 10:16:14 AM »
kind of what i was thinking but wasn't sure if e 85 was slightly diff with an afr of say 10:1 vs say 14:1?? altitude should be going rich or fat but that is what i thought and i don't know for sure.

Lean or rich, ether way last year at Idaho I had to drive the car like a two stroke.  It would not pick up boost with out being in the top of the rpm range.  That meant having to shift down to a lower gear to bring it up on boost and I would lose it when I tried to shift back to third.  No way the car would boost in third like it always has.  You want to remember that I run the bowls and shoot Choke Cherry at Idaho in third and fourth out there and maintain 12 to 15 LB boost doing it.  To get that last year I had to run them in second on the rev limiter.  The car never acted rich and was getting way to good of gas mileage. It may have been the Idaho sand in the tank and the injectors not performing at 65#s but it was off from what it had been in the past.  After I put new injectors in and Chris put fuel back in the low and mid range the car was a completely different animal here at LS and right now at Glamis.     

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
no clicky here por favor
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 10:28:35 AM »
Going up hill goes rich. And runs like poo on little mills with no turbo's lol (less air density/pressure, same fuel being injected if no EGO correction)
Fast what ECU do you run? Could you add baro correction? Works really well for guys that change elevation in a short time like driving mountain passes and such.

Lots of EGO correction with my right foot on the skinny pedal.  Long as there is boost.  LMAO Xs Plain baro correction? 

My ECU is a 6860 http://www.driftmotion.com/EMS-6860-Standalone-ECU-p/dm305.htm

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal