Author Topic: St. Anthony, Idaho  (Read 8899 times)

SandDragon

St. Anthony, Idaho
« on: December 27, 2010, 01:07:14 PM »
Some friends of mine are going there June 19 thru the 25th and I have not been anywhere other than L.S. Ok. Does anyone have any good or bad stories to tell, I sure would hate to waste alot of time and money on one trip when I know I could have a couple of good trips to L.S.

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
Re: St. Anthony, Idaho
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 07:41:18 AM »
Some friends of mine are going there June 19 thru the 25th and I have not been anywhere other than L.S. Ok. Does anyone have any good or bad stories to tell, I sure would hate to waste alot of time and money on one trip when I know I could have a couple of good trips to L.S.

Do not go there. I repeat do not go there.    Bad place no sand,  cold in June. Plus You mite find us kansas people there.  rofl rofl

No I lied It is the best.  Nice sand tall hill's and mile's and mile's to drive in the dunes.   The only bad side of ST Anthoney is you will never like LS again.   St Anthoney will totally ruin all the fun you will ever have at LS. You will forever set in the dunes at LS and cry and mumble to your self and friends that you wish that there could be one just one sand dune like what is at St Anthoney.   rofl rofl

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

SandDragon

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 04:34:51 AM »
Fast are you going? The friends I was speaking of is Wes and the the guys from All bugged out in Olathe. It sure looks like a heck of a place to ride. I won't know how to drive on smooth sand and by the looks of the dunes I may need a little push getting up some of them. It is time for me to try something different I'm getting tired of how rough and beat down L.S. has gotten, but like they say a bad day at the dunes is better than a good day at work.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 07:42:16 AM »
You'll love SA
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

SandDragon

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2010, 12:01:48 PM »
I hope I get my new buggy done by than I sold my frame and motor and have started a new one I hesitate posting pictures here. Because of all the bashing I read on here about the guy who I coped the frame from and I don't want to be considered one of his groupies, just really liked the look of his buggy and said I could build one like that.

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2010, 04:36:25 PM »
I hope I get my new buggy done by than I sold my frame and motor and have started a new one I hesitate posting pictures here. Because of all the bashing I read on here about the guy who I coped the frame from and I don't want to be considered one of his groupies, just really liked the look of his buggy and said I could build one like that.

Post em up - its not "bashing" - it's "love" like you have never had before.  Sort of like that time in prison.
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2010, 08:25:35 PM »
At least we're honest and will give honest opinions. We don't stroke anyone's ego just for the fun of it here.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2010, 08:28:40 PM »
At least we're honest and will give honest opinions. We don't stroke anyone's ego just for the fun of it here.

That's not true.  You are the best.  Really; I mean that......   

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2010, 08:30:08 PM »
LIAR!!!!!!! rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2010, 08:50:21 PM »
I can't go in june but am planning a trip myself to meet up with a bunch out of utah at st anthony's july 17th for a week. I have never been there either but know it's worth the drive. your right about LS ok but it's only 7.5 hrs instead of 15 hrs so ya!   you will love it and probably dislike LS even more but you have to go!!!!!!   ;D
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2010, 08:51:47 PM »
post up the pics, I would like to see them as well and no one will bash you.  did you get your supercharged 3.8? if so I hope you fully build that 091 before st anthony's or it will fail.
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

SandDragon

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2010, 05:55:32 AM »
OK here are the pictures. Yes I am putting the 2007 SC 3800 in, It is at the shop now getting the wiring harness and the computer reworked. We are planning on having the A-arms and spindle's put together this weekend my jig water jet parts should be done today for pick up. I'm saving all the extra money I can to have the trans built by than but it sure is putting a strain on the budget. I got to use my buddies shop to build it in a lot better than my garage his boss wants one now.

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2010, 06:01:29 AM »
is that thing levitating?  Who needs shocks when you can do that? 

Looks nice to me.  See the Yoshi influence, but then I see the Jackson influence in Yoshi's stuff.  Its all good.  Only so many ways to make a car.  Besides, I like the way Yoshis cars look. 

SandDragon

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2010, 06:34:19 AM »
Thanks it has been fun building and nope just letting the fork lift do all the lifting makes things a lot easier to work on. Yummi do you live out west I have a buddy that is out in Yuma or somewhere out there he goes to Glamis from Nov. thru March every year and hang out with Clark the wood guy from LS. He wants me to come out there and play and I keep telling him I a working man and he's not, if you are out there you should look them up there is a bunch of them that ride almost every day. He keeps me up to date by phone two or three time a week to tell me how much fun they are having.

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2010, 07:00:09 AM »
Congrats on selling your other stuff.  Mid engine or rear?  In designing a "new" rail your going to copy parts from someone.  Rail looks good, keep the parts flowing and you should have a good shot at St Anthony. 

I learned so much the hard way at MBN cause no one had balls to says different, just saying looks good while knowing it could be a mistake.  Least here you'll get questioned about how your going to fix the problem areas beforehand.  If God was to build a buggy on here we'd give him crap too.
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal