Author Topic: Fall Trip to LS Sept. 23 - 26, 2010  (Read 56352 times)

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
Re: Fall Trip to LS Sept. 23 - 26, 2010
« Reply #330 on: September 25, 2010, 11:12:58 PM »
Forgot to mention, I got the camera mount you sent Doug! Shit dude, you were reading my mind on that phone call! When I get the Jeffco back I will get to experiment with it a bit more, but I believe its going to work out quite well! THANKS AGAIN!
 mm:

When I was at Glamis I saw two guys bury a cable in the sand from thier trailer tounge to the rear axle of thier three wheeler and quad. If a person had tried to psuh them off they would not have gotton far and to try to take off riding on them (not unheard of at Glamis) would have been PAINFUL.

I got the feeling that these guys would not have called the cops either but polished thier boots on somones faces already laying there in pain.

Whos bike got ripped off? Anyone we know?

Awesome pics by the way.

It was some streetbike friends of mine from the Omaha area.  I like that cable idea!! Give the thief a few seconds of hope before he is having his face planted a few inches into the ground surface.. Very nice >:D
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #331 on: September 25, 2010, 11:25:13 PM »
Enemey I guess i gotta ask... Why don't you have a nice wheelie bar with a sand tire up high for when the wheelies get jes a lil to tall? lol

Just to protect the wing kinda thing?
I just keep telling myself that I'm going to stay away from that part of the balance point so I dont need a bar!  LMAO LMAO.

...I better start figuring out a design huh?
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #332 on: September 26, 2010, 08:45:10 AM »
I had a great time! buggy has a clutch master cylinder issue that has been there from the get go but finally failing! the problem is called JAMAR   POS!!!!!!!!  going to have to change out to cnc or neal or willwood!  enemy was passing us when he pulled that 70 mph wheelie and what a site that was! thanks for bringing you garmin or I would never had known that my rail was pushing 64.5 mph in second gear at 5k rpm!       I hope no one get there toys stolen at ls ever but if I caught one that cops would never be called, we would handle this one old west style!   ;) ;)    shane, doug, sorry you guys didn't make, hope you make the april trip!!  sand dragon great to meet you and you buddy, nice rails and I know your going to love the super charged 3.8!!  ;D  get ahold of transman when your ready to build the 091! 

fabbr , well what can I say but that was a sick ride!  love that rail, power is great but air time is fantastic! once you get some new valving and imo take the secondary coils and move them up to primarys and get heavier secondaries it will be right on the money!!  I got to say that last jump after watching allans boy make it up the dunes on the go cart was when we bottomed out and cracked that slider, I think it was on my side. lol      I know it was running lean but still running hard!! about that go cart, he drove that all the way to south camp and had no money on him to pay for a band, they wouldn't let him back in so he hitched a ride on a rhino back over. I can't even imagine riding that across the dunes let alone out the gate!!!!!!! now that's dedication!!!!!   ;D     tell ms's fabbr to start on the 40 oz curles and she'll be able to lift that ramp gate in no time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1   LMAO LMAO

glenn I talked with you friend clark several times,  great guy!! sorry we missed you but we had to get gone sat morning, but we did try to take an early morning ride but it was sooooo foggy I couldn't see 15' in front of rail so we gave up and loaded up!

I got some footage to post later on but everyone post pics up so I copy them!
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #333 on: September 26, 2010, 01:44:39 PM »
pics
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #334 on: September 26, 2010, 02:52:11 PM »
DS
Sorry we missed you.  I think that was you I let out on the hyway coming out of the Amprid filling station.  You were the one pulling the fiver and the flat bed with buggy on it?  I was the guy in the silver dodge 3500 pulling the enclosed trailer. See you guys next April.

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #335 on: September 26, 2010, 05:28:59 PM »
Back home. Had buggy problems but still had a good time. Nice to see everyone. Highlight of the trip was saving Masters weekend. It pays to carry spare parts.
Broke both of those also!!!! LOL!!! I couldn't believe anyone had any. Thanks a lot! Your replacements will soon be on the way.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

SPEC

« Reply #336 on: September 26, 2010, 05:42:49 PM »
So your home and in 1 piece...Sounds like the buggy's not :P
Where's the pix?
Video
BOOBY PIX rofl

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #337 on: September 26, 2010, 05:45:33 PM »
DS,Enemy, sorry I couldn't give you guys a real ride due to being waaaaaayyyyyyyyy to lean(whaddya think enemy? LOL!!!!) for pushing it but I did give it a pretty fair try out for a first outing.  Sping slider problem turned out to be the crossover collar set screws that were blue loctited in came loose and the spring screwed them down too far so as to coil bind then explode the slider. Figured that out on the second one. . Guess why we took that hit. BTW,it was on my side. Personally I think I MIGHT need a bit higher rate primary for front an rear but valving changes will come first. Dammit guys,Dueces HAS to get some showers built so we can all be at the same camp!!!!! We just don't get to see enough of each other. I wouldn't mind staying at Cowboy Camp but it's just too small for me. It was GREAT to meet the new faces also,sorry I'm so bad with names but THANKS GUYS for making it out and hope to see all next time!
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #338 on: September 26, 2010, 05:48:28 PM »
So your home and in 1 piece...Sounds like the buggy's not :P
Where's the pix?
Video
BOOBY PIX rofl
Only thing broke was plastic spring sliders. Everything else performed flawlessly =============except for being deadly lean over 5K but ,what the hell,I still ran it waaaayyyyy too many times to 9K . Stayed the hell away from redline and instant engine death. Pretty cool having an AFR guage in the center of the steering wheel. LOL!!!!
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SPEC

« Reply #339 on: September 26, 2010, 05:48:35 PM »
I'll bring some red and green with me ;D
Now where's the DAM PIX :-*

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #340 on: September 26, 2010, 07:26:40 PM »
Only thing broke was plastic spring sliders. Everything else performed flawlessly =============except for being deadly lean over 5K but ,what the hell,I still ran it waaaayyyyy too many times to 9K . Stayed the hell away from redline and instant engine death. Pretty cool having an AFR guage in the center of the steering wheel. LOL!!!!

So your passenger can stare at it and crap in your new seats!

>send me the cleaning bill, sorry bout that..  ;D

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #341 on: September 26, 2010, 07:30:21 PM »
DS
Sorry we missed you.  I think that was you I let out on the hyway coming out of the Amprid filling station.  You were the one pulling the fiver and the flat bed with buggy on it?  I was the guy in the silver dodge 3500 pulling the enclosed trailer. See you guys next April.
no that wasn't me, I have a 95 blue f250 powerstroke and a white enclosed. I guess we'll see you in late april if you can make it! I know yours wasn't done but I hope to see it later on.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #342 on: September 26, 2010, 07:33:25 PM »
I am a real bad passenger but that ride was damn nice even though it was short! transman's bunch always goes in late april since most are farmers or such so I will be there myself! maybe I can hit you up for another ride then, I'm sure enemy will be first in line but that's ok i want to see the look on his face before I decide to climb in!  :o :o rofl

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #343 on: September 26, 2010, 07:42:57 PM »
sand dragon it was great to meet you and your buddy! nice rails by the way, sorry I didn't get to do much riding with you guys but we were at the end of our trip and trying to get some footage in of heather side hilling then chris blew his cv's in that northstar v-8 rail so then we had to tow him back over to fabbr's camp. fabbr chris was the guy that got stuck with the rv pulling the red enclosed, ask carl. ;D

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #344 on: September 26, 2010, 08:00:53 PM »
LOL!!!! Ya Carl saw /heard it happen.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal