Author Topic: LS trip april 21  (Read 61037 times)

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
Re: LS trip april 21
« Reply #150 on: April 02, 2010, 08:29:35 PM »
I'll check w/little Candice and see what she up too.  Hoping to live on pickles, jerky, corn, beer (root for the -21). nono  I can barely sleep, which is good.  I have a weeks worth of work on the buggy, and then a few things in the trailer. drowning
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

SPEC

« Reply #151 on: April 02, 2010, 08:54:43 PM »
Am i too late!!??
Spec if its all good, just doubleup on Dunebound's order and send me the other half. 68066 shipping. PM me total and I will get ya Paypal'd

;D
Nope Enemy your good to go 8)
Will do
Got 40 pounds of roasts firming up in the freezer now 2:

Offline Dunebound69

• Time flies when drinking rum!
« Reply #152 on: April 05, 2010, 12:17:40 PM »
Cook boy cook boy.  :j :j :j
Time flies when having rum!
Famous last words, Watch this
Government can not give you anything it dose not take from someone else first. When we stop laughing we start dying.
"When you stop doing things for fun you might as well be dead" Hemingway

SPEC

« Reply #153 on: April 05, 2010, 05:09:55 PM »
got 8 of 30 bags O' jerky done and 3 full dehydratators....
Plus a roast in the slicer ;D
And I won't be sampling...emergency trip to the dentist today kick

Offline Wyattboche

« Reply #154 on: April 05, 2010, 06:24:09 PM »
Sorry folks I can't make it. I have other plans. thumb down

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
« Reply #155 on: April 05, 2010, 07:16:05 PM »
Don't read anything into this as its a about a snowballs chance in semi-hell... drowning

But are there any places near the LS dunes you can stay in a reasonable hotel OR a place that rents RV's that will drop them at a campsite near the dunes?

Might have a way to come and a decent ride but not a place for me and a friend to sleep. I am looking at renting a motor home near here BUT the fuel cost would be greater than to just drive his ride plus they don't like you to tow even his light trailer and buggy.

Still a ton of hurdles to clear though for clearance to even launch but hey! ........ Maybe..
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #156 on: April 05, 2010, 07:25:01 PM »
30 miles North or SW and there are some pretty decent motels. There is NO WAY IN HELL I'll EVER stay at any motel in Waynoka EVER again tho.  Little Sahara Powersports has a trailer house that they rent on site. I have no idea of the condition tho. There is likely an RV rental place in either Tulsa,Ok or Wichita,Ks or Oklahoma City,Ok and one or the other would be on your way possibly. All are 2-3 hours from LS.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #157 on: April 05, 2010, 09:09:11 PM »
Don't read anything into this as its a about a snowballs chance in semi-hell... drowning

But are there any places near the LS dunes you can stay in a reasonable hotel OR a place that rents RV's that will drop them at a campsite near the dunes?

Might have a way to come and a decent ride but not a place for me and a friend to sleep. I am looking at renting a motor home near here BUT the fuel cost would be greater than to just drive his ride plus they don't like you to tow even his light trailer and buggy.

Still a ton of hurdles to clear though for clearance to even launch but hey! ........ Maybe..

There is a place that will deliver a trailer to LS.  I'll get there name and number for you.  They are out of OKC. Later.

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #158 on: April 05, 2010, 09:14:15 PM »
Fast,check your email
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
« Reply #159 on: April 05, 2010, 09:16:07 PM »
There is a place that will deliver a trailer to LS.  I'll get there name and number for you.  They are out of OKC. Later.

Thanx... Thank you very much!   mm:
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #160 on: April 05, 2010, 09:17:56 PM »
I would have to second fabber's statement about the condition of the roach motel in waynoka! haven't stayed there but know someone that did!
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #161 on: April 05, 2010, 09:48:36 PM »
Yhere are houses for rent also in waynoka. My buddies stay in one but theyll be there that weekend. I yhink yhere's others available tho,
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #162 on: April 05, 2010, 10:24:07 PM »
I would have to second fabber's statement about the condition of the roach motel in waynoka! haven't stayed there but know someone that did!

I got tired of chasing scorpions out of the rooms.
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
« Reply #163 on: April 05, 2010, 10:28:58 PM »
Between scorpions and cockaroaches (if the roaches are big enough) and a toaster oven I could save a fortune on food!

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #164 on: April 06, 2010, 06:04:30 AM »
Just bring a sleeping bag bs1 and stay in the dunes. rofl  Sharon at Dueces has a trailer they rent but it was booked, I tried.  They could have canceled?  Crap I got to get this buggy back together and a shake down run or else Master and I will be telling stories at campsite.  No Ride!!

Just throwing this out...  I will be at Wichata airport, Wed night around 9 to pick up my wife.  Be glad to give a ride back to LS for anyone who wants to fly in.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 06:07:36 AM by Carlriddle »
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal