Author Topic: St.Joes 2010  (Read 4859 times)

Offline thedoctor

• Fabricator
Re: St.Joes 2010
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2009, 07:21:57 PM »
Actually, LS looks larger in pictures now than it was when I was there in the late 70's. The hills were half the height of the hills at the sugarbowl. Chat is coarser than the sand at LS. I didn't have paddles and could barely climb any hills. Tim
In the words of my father "Never give up too soon, you might miss a good piece."

Adnoh

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2010, 04:29:42 PM »
You refering to LS in Ok. If so thats not true. back in the early 80,s is was twice the size and one could ride back to the river and that is were the real hill climbs were. I still jump the fence every once and while and show the back country to others that dare. Heck in the 90 I rember the govner flying in to resolve a dispute of the shifting sand to the north and the owner camped out on the top of the shifting buttercup and guarding his land. I walked over had a cup of coffee with him to hear his side and told him I would not trespass until resolved. The govaner flew in sunday by chopper and talked to the man and it was open sunday afternoon. Never test the reslove of an oklahoma rancher with a rifle protecting his land.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2010, 06:13:16 PM »
When were you there last?
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2010, 06:51:49 PM »
I have considered st joe but after calling and talking to the park people, they said my rail would be to big for 3/4 of the park so I never went. the drive would be a lot longer than LS or silver lake. I'm just north of lincoln nebraska. I would have to say I am out this year for sure but I am still seriously considering a trip to silver lake, after all doug has came down to LS twice now!
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Hoodlum

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2010, 06:59:21 AM »
I have considered st joe but after calling and talking to the park people, they said my rail would be to big for 3/4 of the park so I never went. the drive would be a lot longer than LS or silver lake. I'm just north of lincoln nebraska. I would have to say I am out this year for sure but I am still seriously considering a trip to silver lake, after all doug has came down to LS twice now!

Even the pilots are too big for 3/4 of the park,but there's still a bunch of riding area for us....You should hook up with fl670r (Dennis)....He's from Lincoln,and comes every year...
Hoodlum

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal