Author Topic: 2.5 subaru  (Read 27321 times)

Offline big dave

2.5 subaru
« on: January 08, 2018, 10:28:53 AM »
WELL I DID IT 2.5 DOHC SUBARU OUTFROUNT MOTOR HAS BEEN ORDERED.  :s :s :s :s :swig: :swig: dd: dd:

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
Re: 2.5 subaru
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 10:37:49 AM »
well good to hear...does this mean the vw bus sold? 

i thought you had decided on the turnkey 600 hp 3.0 6cyl from out front????

;) rofl
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 10:38:53 AM »
soooooo what are we talking 4 weeks installed and running?

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2018, 11:25:15 AM »
Plenty of time to hit the dunes this spring........................
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2018, 11:53:27 AM »
yes there is!

Offline big dave

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2018, 01:11:59 PM »
Three week lead time on motor build.  I'm thanking, I will not be able to sleep tell it is running. so ya maybe 24 hours after it hits the house,  it will be running. to be honest it should slide right in where the 2.0 was. wire and plum it and go.   rofl rofl rofl ya right. Went with race fuel  110 over E85. on 10 psi of boost John says race fuel.  6 psi I can run pump gas. it would be the difference of 280 hp pump gas or 340 race fuel. I was very happy with the old Vw hp.  I may try pump gas at first. then If needed,  say like a trip to saint Anthony's turn it up to the 340 when it is really needed.

Offline big dave

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2018, 01:12:46 PM »
Plenty of time to hit the dunes this spring........................
oh ya I will be there.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2018, 01:24:36 PM »
Three week lead time on motor build.  I'm thanking, I will not be able to sleep tell it is running. so ya maybe 24 hours after it hits the house,  it will be running. to be honest it should slide right in where the 2.0 was. wire and plum it and go.   rofl rofl rofl ya right. Went with race fuel  110 over E85. on 10 psi of boost John says race fuel.  6 psi I can run pump gas. it would be the difference of 280 hp pump gas or 340 race fuel. I was very happy with the old Vw hp.  I may try pump gas at first. then If needed,  say like a trip to saint Anthony's turn it up to the 340 when it is really needed.

good plan! pump gas is the easiest and most readily available! e85 has some really good benefits but bled differs from town to town and even more so state to state. honestly there is another post with 2 calculators........there are a lot of street racers mixing pump fuel and e85 for say e40 to e55 blend for the higher octane with out the cost of 110 leaded race fuel.

Offline big dave

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2018, 01:33:20 PM »

good plan! pump gas is the easiest and most readily available! e85 has some really good benefits but bled differs from town to town and even more so state to state. honestly there is another post with 2 calculators........there are a lot of street racers mixing pump fuel and e85 for say e40 to e55 blend for the higher octane with out the cost of 110 leaded race fuel.
I need to do the research on that. race fuel is hard to come by around here. I like to buy 50 gallon drum when I get it. but you have to put in for it with the locale vender then what tell he get enough guys buying, to go get a load. other then that its drive 3.5 hours one way to get it. we do have E85 on pump and the price of it, as you know is 3rd the price as race gas.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2018, 02:19:10 PM »
we are lucky enough to have 2 locations that i know in the city of lincoln, for 95 octane and 100 octane. both unleaded so best for 02 sensors. expensive , yes.....but the expense of 20 gals for a 3 or 4 day trip to the dunes is actually minimal compared to the entire trip expense.   now if one was to pre mix e40 to e55 for the higher octane and i say pre mix for consistant blend or by by the drum like fabbr and thin out with 87 octane, perfect everytime and cheaper.

Offline big dave

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2018, 03:23:15 PM »

No bus has not sold. I sold the 2.0  out of my car.  I'm thanking you my need that 6cyl. it's to much for my bank.  :m :m

;) rofl

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2018, 03:49:24 PM »

No bus has not sold. I sold the 2.0  out of my car.  I'm thanking you my need that 6cyl. it's to much for my bank.  :m :m

;) rofl

;D bs1  your pockets are far deeper than mine! new diesel and new rail powerplant  rofl rofl  ;) ;) :D

Offline Punkur67

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2018, 04:57:58 AM »
Nice. You will be happy with the new motor. I have a 400hp 2.5 from out front on race fuel and love it
Its better to be a smartass than a dumbass!

Offline big dave

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2018, 05:50:49 AM »
Nice. You will be happy with the new motor. I have a 400hp 2.5 from out front on race fuel and love it
ya I'm sure it will make me happy for a long time.

Offline big dave

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2018, 06:16:58 AM »

;) rofl

;D bs1  your pockets are far deeper than mine! new diesel and new rail powerplant  rofl rofl  ;) ;) :D
to be honest if Mother nature had not drop some hail stone on my race trailer. I would still be running the 2.0. God himself made this one happen. That and the insurance company. I finally got a pay back from all the years of paying them.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal