Author Topic: gopro hero9  (Read 962 times)

Offline fabr

• Administrator
gopro hero9
« on: June 08, 2022, 08:20:39 AM »
Anyone with a hero9 notice that the damn thing will wander side to side.  Turn a corner and it does too. Aim the thing and it will pan maybe 25-30 degrees left or right depending on g forces. There is no way to lock the aim on a point. All I have found is that it is what it is designed to do. On the hero8 the yaw could be semi locked/limited but not on a hero9. Why the hell would a CAMERA BE DESIGNED THAT WAY?  Oh well,rant over. :m
« Last Edit: June 08, 2022, 08:30:40 AM by fabr »
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
Re: gopro hero9
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2022, 08:36:51 AM »
yes, i have noticed that my 9 does this. it can be irratating but at the same time it can make for interesting footage. now i say that as if everyone knows what effect the G's have on the line of sight. i know and can see it when i watch the video. at times, it is nice when it wanders like it taking a panaoramic shot.  i am with you, i would like the choice to lock or unlock that motion as there times i would rather it did not.

grimm has the new hero 10. not sure how deep he has dove into it but would be interesting to know if this was addressed.

on another note, we got hit with hail 2 nights ago. been busy cleaning up, only had to board up one window as the outter panes were only broken on the others. shredded all the screens on the west, 2 to 4" holes in the siding, golf ball sized hail with wind. unfortunately i had the truck in the drive way when it hit. i had just picked the truck up from getting new tires and they didnt swap the spare. so i was planning on running back the following day for the spare. turns out the spare was the original from 1999 so it was time  ;) :D    truck will be getting new hood, fender, marker lights, wiper blades, rain gaurds, mirrors and a lot of paint and pdr.  wifes acadia got a few on the back side as it wasnt all the way inside when it cut loose.

on the up side, weddle said i should have my new trans end of the month. wenll see but sean did sound more confident in that statement.

Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2022, 08:33:45 PM »
That really sux about the vehicles/house. Gotta love insurance. You know the rates will go up. Around here that would get your homeowners cancelled.

This little "feature" that go pro says nothing about SUX as well.!!!!!!! Never would have spent the $$$$$$$ for the unable to be solidly/positively aimed POS if they had.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2022, 06:44:13 AM »
That really sux about the vehicles/house. Gotta love insurance. You know the rates will go up. Around here that would get your homeowners cancelled.

This little "feature" that go pro says nothing about SUX as well.!!!!!!! Never would have spent the $$$$$$$ for the unable to be solidly/positively aimed POS if they had.

i hope they do no drop up or the others that got hit in a 300 mile stretch. $20k and counting on damages.

i didn't know it did it either but i own it now  :m  not sure if the go pro 10 does as well, grimm should be able to answer that question.
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2022, 02:40:00 PM »
I am going to try it with image stabilization turned off to see if it's too shaky or not. I'm wanting to see the airflow or lack of towards radiator. Kinda hard when it keeps looking left and right.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal